1st game with Leicester in the premiership with this tactic versus reining champions Man Utd. Prevented them from playing, proving that both the tactic can be used with smaller clubs and it has a good defence.

Ill try the tactic next season with Spurs im currently having plenty of success with a lone striker but im looking for 2 strikers really to see if i get more goals.

I have been using your tactic in my Telford game. No succes im affraid. For some reason I cant use my assistent to do opposition instructions. Any idea why??

I have been using your tactic in my Telford game. No succes im affraid. For some reason I cant use my assistent to do opposition instructions. Any idea why??

its prob to technical for that low down... no idea about why u cant

I see that primary playmaker is ticked on, but do I need to fill someone in there? Because it's blank here

Overall View
Completed the season using your tactic with ipswich. 38 games in epl unbeaten. I've got a pretty weak defence so can't help that I will concede quite a number of goals but bent and kadlec will do their job up front to bang in those goals for me so I will get high scoring games esp against good teams like arsenal and man utd (man utd is pretty strong in the game).

Defense
Tend to concede odd goals when the AI counters using the flanks and pump crosses towards the centre. seems to be able to fix that by setting up defensive line as deep though. You will need quick full backs to counter any threats as your wingers/inside forwards won't be back to defend for you. *My defense wasn't that strong either so I guess that was the loophole.

Midfield
If both the deep lying mids push too high up and the ball is lost, It will be opposition vs the 4 remaining defenders and most of the time, you lose when they counter. *My midfielders weren't that strong either so they aren't that decent tactical wise but it still works.

Inside Forwards
As for the two inside forwards, they are the main players somehow as they will dribble, shoot, finish and create chances. So you will need decent ones.

I managed to snap up gordon, shawcross, cattermole, darren bent and alexis sanchez (yeah sunderland bought him and i got him for 10m) on the cheap as sunderland got relegated after my promotion in 2011. Both cattermole and sissoko do a great job destroying but they can't really pass for nuts so i will lose the ball in midfield once in awhile.

Forwards
Kadlec is a good machine and here was my first xi for the season when I won the epl after getting promotion and a huge transfer budget so I snapped up quite a number of good players from sunderland on the cheap when they got relegated.

My overall team
GK - Craig Gordon/Rui Patricio
Def - Rafael/Fabio/Bassong/Shawcross/Wheater/Fazio/Vargas
Mid - Vukojevic/Veloso/Cattermole/Sissoko
Wingers - Douglas Costa/Sanchez//Abate/Bale/Bebe
Fwd - Bent/Agbonlahor/Kadlec/Nistelrooy/Macheda

Some of the players, I got them on loan or 1 year contract (nistelrooy). Surprisingly, tottenham & aston villa were performing quite badly so I snapped up Bale and Agbonlahor during the Jan transfer window.

k54qqv.png

24d1rt3.png

2lksfit.png

Last edited:
Thanks, great in depth view of tactic, congrats on winning the league and being unbeaten

finished 1st season in the premiership with Leicester, finished 6th with a weak squad with out the bigger names missing quite a few games.

Last edited:
Trying this tatic with Cardiff. Five games in and Burke is a beast as a inside forward!

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Just to give a little feedback on the Tatic. Will give more at the end of the season but right now in the Championship

Played: 12
Won: 12
Draw: 0
Loses: 0
For: 39
Ag: 6

This tatic is great for Cardiff!

I haven't posted on here before but I used this tactic with Rotherham. I went unbeaten in League 2 all season and scored the most goals while conceding the fewest, also. One of the best FM tactics I've used.

thanks... it seem to be working well for people thats great

**** this tactic is cracking so far. 7 victories in 7 matches. Scoring for fun and not conceding at all. Must have tried at least 20 tactics before, but so far this look better than the rest, Just hope it will stay this way:p

**** this tactic is cracking so far. 7 victories in 7 matches. Scoring for fun and not conceding at all. Must have tried at least 20 tactics before, but so far this look better than the rest, Just hope it will stay this way:p

Thanks mate i hope u keep winning

Hi casey32,

Played 1st season with Arsenal:

Won the league with 90 points, 27 wins, 9 draws and 2 lost games.
Scored 73 goals conceded 26.

Won the LC.

In the CL i was send oud bij Barca, 2-2 away, 2-3 at home.

Not bad, my problem is that the opponent create almost of ALWAYS more Changes than me.
I let my assistent do the team talk, no sideline instructions only the last minutes when i'm ahead.

Is there something i do wrong?????

This is my team:

V.Persie Cardozo

Nasri Arshavin

Kallstrom Fabregas

Clichy sakho Vermaelen sagna

Almunia

i would get rid of almunia , drop the defensive line deeper and maybe put inside forwards on support... if your talking about CCs then im not sure it never really happened to me, if its long shots etc.. dont worry as you are forcing them to shot from range and they are less likely to score... keep team talks to for the fans, try stay positive unless a player if playing bad say prove a point. end of games change to defensive retain possession and pass to feet. also make sure players aint tired, try keep the squad fresh

Thnx for you're reaction!

Most of the shots are from long distance, but teams like Chelsea, Barca, Man utd, Man city, Tottenham creat al lot of clear changes, even when i'm playing at home.

Replaced Kallstrom for Hamsik now and try to buy Benaglio of Wolfsburg as new GK.

Play Chelsea for CS, let you know tonight.

DO you have you're wingers on support or Attack???

Thnx!!!

attack mainly but i have player who are good in the air and can tackle well in midfield... depends how play is going etc... but i stop arsenal save after one season now with Leicester in europa league ... maybe change to standard for big games im not sure really i might start a new game with arsenal again and work out some changes