Furthermore, you are talking about two of the best tactic creators around in Christian Eriksen & knap. So i again, suggest the test is not fit for purpose, not the tactic.

What about individual training ? Do you train the players in the specific position they play or just let it be ?

Earlier you said, that you use AF and Poacher, but in the .fmf file it is AF and DLF ?

For maximum output train for the specific position, but you can also train for whatever desired position you want, I'll make a thread this weekend with this tactic explaining everything to detail don't worry about that

If you have a poacher with 14+ decisions, finishing, composure yeah then use the poacher role, the AF and DLF work really well with underdogs

What tactic are people rocking? I have saw people using the OP's but then also others using peoples tweaks.
So I am wondering which are better.

Don't be afraid to post your results lads, also is anyone using this tactic with a big team? I hadn't tested it yet with one of the big sharks so I'm not sure if it will dominate as hard as I think it will

iVvzZStopQQ, thanks for the tweaks but...

You changed whole formation and other things that makes it another tactic, I want to use CE's formation but it's not perform as good as your other formation V3 tactic

You changed whole formation and other things that makes it another tactic, I want to use CE's formation but it's not perform as good as your other formation V3 tactic

Whos tactic gets better results then?

Whos tactic gets better results then?

Well, I didn't use V3 but V2 Home is better than CE's original, and CE's orginal with standard mentality and very flexible is better than V2 away. But V3 is a way different formation

Yeah I fully understand and respect your decision, also I don't understand your sentence completely, are you saying that my tactic performs better or CE's?

Yeah I fully understand and respect your decision, also I don't understand your sentence completely, are you saying that my tactic performs better or CE's?

Your v2 home is better but not away, maybe V3 is all around better but it's a way different formation

Your v2 home is better but not away, maybe V3 is all around better but it's a way different formation

Oh, forget about the v2, I'll even remove the those tactics because I was disappointed in them, have you tried mine V3 though? I've managed to 7-3 real madrid away

Even if the formation is different, it still produces beautiful football like CE intended and has wingers

Last edited:
The King is back!

Loved playing with your formations in FM16 and was disappointed that FM17 and FM18 made it difficult for winger formations to function until the latest patch of this edition or so.

Been testing the V1 and V2 for a handful of games (And with Real Madrid, mind you. Just playing around on it until I figure out where I want to start a longterm save.) and from what I'm seeing, I'm really loving it!

Was sceptical about the role of the striker, but he performs very good thus far, so no complaints there. Only little nitpick I have is that I expect a little bit more scoring-wise from my Inside Forwards. Probably going to try unticking 'stay wider' on them since the central midfielders already run wide with ball and perhaps even change the fullbacks to attack for some extra overlap and offensive power if it keeps up.

Good job, CE. Many thanks for this masterpiece. Shame you used Ajax to test it with, though. ;)

Oh, forget about the v2, I'll even remove the those tactics because I was disappointed in them, have you tried mine V3 though? I've managed to 7-3 real madrid away

Even if the formation is different, it still produces beautiful football like CE intended and has wingers

But I want to use 41221 formation :(

Since I started using the two versions, I have started to enjoy FM18 for the first time. I will post my results when the season ends.

Won league first season with Newcastle. Same points as City but better goal difference. Lost FA Cup Final v Chelsea.