Celtic plan to ban poppy appealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no for the green brigade standing up for the rest of the celtic fans. the celtic fans hate remeberance weekend and have a right to stand up to the celtic board

Why would anybody hate remembrance day ?

They're allowed their own views and opinions, I'm not saying I agree with them, but they can think what they want. Free will counts all the time, not just when you want to agree with them.

Yer ok i agree they are allowed own views etc but surely this is a no brainer??

well am sure disrespecting people who fought for the country they live in is much worse than what rangers fans done , and tbh this has nuthing to do with rangers or even celtic ( just a minority of the fans ) .

Can someone tell me exactly what the story is with this?

Ok I dont want to start an argument here so Im going to post this and then leave.
One of the reasons they dont agree is the killing of people in Ireland which Celtic is linked to.
IMO the only war that out of the three picked that was legitimite was the Afghan as they invaded Iraq after funding their weapons (along with America) in the war of Iraq v Iran purely for oil reasons. I think that in doing this they were just epressing there opinions. They didnt (although it could happen) start fighting about it and as far as I'm concerned people are allowed to express there opinion peacefully

i think this is disgraceful.

and people wonder why celtic fans sometimes have a bad rep..?

a really dont see how people can try to justify this behaviour, its shocking

although I feel the poppy appeal is a great cause and buy 1 every year, this country has a major problem with chuggers who go after the olderly and vulnerable and pressure them into giving away money they cant afford too.

Ok I dont want to start an argument here so Im going to post this and then leave.
One of the reasons they dont agree is the killing of people in Ireland which Celtic is linked to.
IMO the only war that out of the three picked that was legitimite was the Afghan as they invaded Iraq after funding their weapons (along with America) in the war of Iraq v Iran purely for oil reasons. I think that in doing this they were just epressing there opinions. They didnt (although it could happen) start fighting about it and as far as I'm concerned people are allowed to express there opinion peacefully

*Like*

It was a peaceful demonstration expressing there views, i would be disappointed if they got banned as they have done nothing wrong.

Don't they realise that it was the BRITISH army that invaded Afghanistan, Ireland and Iraq? They're disrespecting Scottish dead too, no doubt also Celtic supporters. Who are they attacking? The army, for doing their job?

The "deeds" of the army that would apparently "shame all the devils in ****" would be doing their jobs in extremely difficult positions, fighting for the freedom of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq (no WMD-related bashing, please. I'm talking about the army's long term goals) and the establishment of a now relatively stable and peaceful two-state solution in Ireland.

Shame on those "fans".

*Like*

It was a peaceful demonstration expressing there views, i would be disappointed if they got banned as they have done nothing wrong.

Political demonstrations have no place on football, so I'm assuming they're directly against the poppy appeal. The poppy appeal is designed to provide support for wounded British soldiers who've sacrificed themselves, mentally or physically, for their country.

This is most definitely wrong, whichever way you look at it.

Last edited:
Well I in no way would wear a poppy, but in the other side of things wouldn't flaunt it about with banners like that and such. Although I disagree with the political side to it all, I wouldn't disrespect the dead.

Every club has there moronic fans who bring down the club name and Celtic are no different.

it's a sad world we live in that people can resort to such petty measures, alas that is life. People need to stop living in the past but won't.

There will always be bigots and racists.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Every club has there moronic fans who bring down the club name and Celtic are no different.

it's a sad world we live in that people can resort to such petty measures, alas that is life. People need to stop living in the past but won't.

There will always be bigots and racists.

Don't they realise that it was the BRITISH army that invaded Afghanistan, Ireland and Iraq? They're disrespecting Scottish dead too, no doubt also Celtic supporters. Who are they attacking? The army, for doing their job?

The "deeds" of the army that would apparently "shame all the devils in ****" would be doing their jobs in extremely difficult positions, fighting for the freedom of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq (no WMD-related bashing, please. I'm talking about the army's long term goals) and the establishment of a now relatively stable and peaceful two-state solution in Ireland.

Shame on those "fans".

Political demonstrations have no place on football, so I'm assuming they're directly against the poppy appeal. The poppy appeal is designed to provide support for wounded British soldiers who've sacrificed themselves, mentally or physically, for their country.

wearing a poppy on football shirts is bringing politics into football in the first place, why should celtic fans have to stand by and watch there team wearing flowers on their shirts that praise the work of some people who killed some off there family.

Shame on those "fans".

OK so they invaded Iraq for a perfectly legit reason. dont be stupid a report and tribunal(unsure of english term) has come out saying that invading Iraq was wrong.
Then the Irish argument is completely false as the only reason that a "peaceful two-state solution" had to be formed was because the English planted Protestan people in ireland and persecuted Irish people for hundreds of years. They never started any fights to do with this at the weekend so I dont see anything wrong.

I hope your happy you made me come back for more:p

removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.