Celtic plan to ban poppy appealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glasgow Celtic was formed in 1888 by a Marist Brother and some Irish businessmen as a charitable trust to raise money to help the poor mainly Irish immigrant population of the East End of Glasgow

celtic are a irish football team that play in Britain

Kindly tell there ancestors to **** off back to Ireland and there potato famine then. Celtic are a British football team that play in Britain
why would you post condemning racism etc. and then post that oO)

Celtic was set up by an irish person and many of their supporters are of irish families so have a connection with ireland. The supporters who are of irish decent(SP) are still Scottish and have every right to stay there.

this is a disgrace.... my great uncle gave his life in WW1 so the people of Britain could have their freedom and this is the thanks that my uncle and his comrades in arms in both wars get remembered! well done celtic in banning the scum

If they want to be classed as Irish then im sure Rangers would quite happily see them todd off and play in Ireland.

why would you post condemning racism etc. and then post that oO)

Celtic was set up by an irish person and many of their supporters are of irish families so have a connection with ireland. The supporters who are of irish decent(SP) are still Scottish and have every right to stay there.

a dont see how a club being set up by an Irishman makes the club irish, Yous play in britain and the majority off celtic fans are British. Therefore celtic is a british team.

Every club has there moronic fans who bring down the club name and Celtic are no different.

it's a sad world we live in that people can resort to such petty measures, alas that is life. People need to stop living in the past but won't.

There will always be bigots and racists.

Kindly tell there ancestors to **** off back to Ireland and there potato famine then. Celtic are a British football team that play in Britain

You said it not me. I think you are the racist here Kris.In what way is the Banner racist. Anyway Kris **** off slagging the potato famine. That is ******* too far Kris.

wearing a poppy on football shirts is bringing politics into football in the first place, why should celtic fans have to stand by and watch there team wearing flowers on their shirts that praise the work of some people who killed some off there family.

No, it isn't. Wearing a poppy is simply showing support for a charity that does good things, no matter how you look at it.

As I just said, a poppy doesn't "praise the work" of a soldier. It acknowledges the human sacrifice they have made and supports them in getting their life back on track, as much as it is possible. It's a CHARITY.

Also, as Kris pointed out, Celtic aren't an Irish team.

OK so they invaded Iraq for a perfectly legit reason. dont be stupid a report and tribunal(unsure of english term) has come out saying that invading Iraq was wrong.
Then the Irish argument is completely false as the only reason that a "peaceful two-state solution" had to be formed was because the English planted Protestan people in ireland and persecuted Irish people for hundreds of years. They never started any fights to do with this at the weekend so I dont see anything wrong.

I hope your happy you made me come back for more:p

Very happy.

At what point did I say anything about the legitimacy of the war? I don't want to argue about that. What I do want to point out is that whatever the legitimacy and reasons for invading, in the end the toppling of an oppressive and violent regime is a good thing, which improved and lengthened the life of many an Iraqi.

The Irish argument you have is very "conspiracy theory". In case you hadn't noticed, Protestants did exist in Ireland, the English hardly had to "plant" any there. I'm not going to argue with the persecution of the Irish because it's true, but the country was invaded and taken over, as is wont to happen when you're next to a rising superpower. When we entered a more enlightened era, we developed the fairest and most tolerant solution. It'll never please everyone, but it's the best.

Last edited:
Sorry, but isnt Poppy's and Remembrance Day today with the great wars to? Yeah fair enough one may have different opinions upon justifying the war with Afghanistan and Iraq. But the wars with justifiable reasons that millions of british people sacrificed there lives for .It's called remembrance day for a reason, to remember the fallen/injured doesn't matter what war. To show disrespect to the dead & wounded is disgusting, yeah fair enough people can have there own opinions upon the wars but opinionating it then is really not the right time.

Seriously guy's stop moaning and if celtic are so Irish, go and play in ireland, and about wearing the poppy it's a matter of respect for those who have lost there lifes in wars, so please!.

I'm not ranting btw.

a dont see how a club being set up by an Irishman makes the club irish, Yous play in britain and the majority off celtic fans are British. Therefore celtic is a british team.
i didnt say they where irish oO) i was saying that they have a irish/scotish supporters who disagreed with there club wearing a flower that praises people who killed there family & freinds

You said it not me. I think you are the racist here Kris.In what way is the Banner racist. Anyway Kris **** off slagging the potato famine. That is ******* too far Kris.

*like*

Didnt think racism was aloud on FM base :S

Celtic are a scottish team who play in scotland? :S

Anyway, terrible behaviour.

Last edited:

Apparently I wasn't the only one to catch the contradiction in Kris's post.

I don't think Kris ever said the banner was racist, but he certainly did a 180* with his posts.

Wow.Admins/mods should set examples.

Seriously guy's stop moaning and if celtic are so Irish, go and play in ireland, and about wearing the poppy it's a matter of respect for those who have lost there lifes in wars, so please!.

I'm not ranting btw.

I'm American and am not familiar with the poppy flower being used as a sign of remembrance. Care to enlighten?

if German teams started to wear a Swastika for one game every season do you not think that english people who supported that team or lived in Germany would try to stop them wearing it? would you also think it fair if there where english players at the club who where asked to play with it on there jersey?

I'm American and am not familiar with the poppy flower being used as a sign of remembrance. Care to enlighten?

Poppies are extremely symbolically important to us. They're a symbol of war, since World War One and Flanders' poppy fields. As such, they are released from the top of the Menin Gate on Remembrance Day, and so on and so forth. The Poppy Appeal lets you buy a small paper poppy for a small sum of money, and the proceeds go towards rehabilitation of injured soldiers.

if German teams started to wear a Swastika for one game every season do you not think that english people who supported that team or lived in Germany would try to stop them wearing it? would you also think it fair if there where english players at the club who where asked to play with it on there jersey?

What a fantastically, utterly, ridiculously stupid argument. If they did that (which they wouldn't, since it's a symbol of something the Germans would rather forget) and it was for a charity rehabilitating injured troops, then I really don't think English people/players (who aren't even related to Germany in any way, sense or form, completely unlike Scotland) would complain that much.

However, since your argument is completely and utterly unfeasible, then it's stupid to argue. You're comparing a poppy, a nationwide symbol of remembrance of war victims, with the symbol of a facist dictatorship that killed millions.

Last edited:
scums... no need for that, if their family/friend died in the war what would they be like?

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Celtic are a scottish team who play in scotland? :S

Anyway, terrible behaviour.

NO **** !:O:O:O:O:O and what is scotland apart of... :O

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Wow.Admins/mods should set examples.

i think its a good example. if people think that way they deserve to get waht kris mentioned...

That's not a great example as a lot of German people hated Hitler as well and wouldn't stand for it if they saw a German team wear a Swastika. The poppy is sign of respect for those who lost their lives to make future generations have a better life, not a sign of support for the mass genocide of a race of people.

Last edited:

You ******* ****** a swastika is (now) a symbol of Facism and murder. That is the most ridiculous comparison. What was the death toll of WII? oh just a couple of 50 million, *****. What does the poppy resemble ah right people dying fighting facism and murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.