Cesc Fabregas in Barcelona Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was just a prank by a couple of Spanish footballers, some of you are really blowing this all out of proportion. You dont know that it had anything to do with Barcelona as a club you are just panicking becuase your best player probably wants to leave after 5 years of no trophies at Arsenal to go back to the club that discovered him and he supported as a boy. All this was, was some happy footballers messing about whilst celebrating winning the World Cup. Stop crying about it.

Maybe, maybe not.

Can't say for sure either way. 8-|

It might of been a bit of banter or a joke but no doubt it's going to cause controversy between the clubs.

I thought he earned £110,000 per week, either way lol i agree.

This :wub: i did mention this, that they all talk to spanish papers about how they've received texts from him apparently desperate to leave Arsenal, he dedicated his winner to Arsenal, Wenger and the fans!

Do his career a favour? You mean by sitting on the bench, not getting paid in a league not suited to anyone with a competitive mind, as there are only two teams who ever win it. Rather than being payed more than anyone at the club, being club CAPTAIN, playing brilliantly and playing almost every game, unless he's injured or it's the mickey mouse cup or FA cup or a game that doesn't matter when we play reserves.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

This, also Flamini isn't playing so well now he has left Arsenal

i have heard some comments from some well respected spanish media outlets and they have said last season especially towards the end ov the season xavi and iniesta became very tired from the result ov some very long seasons. that is why pep wants him, im pretty sure he wont buy fabregas just to sit on the bench every week and plus iniesta naturaly plays on the wing not centre midfield. its a no brainer he supports barca, financialy would be sound and he wouldnt be on the bench every week. barca genuinly look after their players and he is a sensational player and deservs to be winning trophies and he hasent been and wont at arsenal.

i have heard some comments from some well respected spanish media outlets and they have said last season especially towards the end ov the season xavi and iniesta became very tired from the result ov some very long seasons. that is why pep wants him, im pretty sure he wont buy fabregas just to sit on the bench every week and plus iniesta naturaly plays on the wing not centre midfield. its a no brainer he supports barca, financialy would be sound and he wouldnt be on the bench every week. barca genuinly look after their players and he is a sensational player and deservs to be winning trophies and he hasent been and wont at arsenal.

haha, so he'll get ten games or whatever at the end of the season? Great, i'm sure he'll love that! I'm pretty sure he would, he's not going to replace Iniesta or Xavi in CM with Cesc, even if i am an Arsenal fan, i know he's not as good as either of those two. Iniesta naturally plays on the wing? Firstly i don't think that's true, secondly, if it is, so what? He plays Pedro and Messi there, and he isn't likely to replace them or put them up front in place of David Villa. As for Barca respecting their players, what about DMYTRO CHYGRYNSKIY? and Zlatan Ibrahimovic? How respectful is it to buy a player (Chygrynskiy) for £20+ million and then keep him on the bench and sell him a year later, he had no chance of getting into the first team, when Puyol and Pique were both suspended vs Arsenal last year in the second leg, he played yaya and Marquez. Yaya toure was forever talking about how he wasn't respected at Barca, and Ibrahimovic has been shifted to the bench after a year!

Cesc deserves to win trophies, which he may well do at Arsenal, but of course as a Chelsea supporter you can't accept that we might actually win something, having improved every year. Also, financially, they clearly aren't sound because they're taking out loans to pay players and they will have to fork up £40-50m more which isn't going to help if they want Cesc, AND Mata!

Fabregas won't play that deep, neither will Xavi. Iniesta won't move out wide, because that means not playing one of Villa, Messi or Pedro, besides the whole point of Barca's front three is that all swap with each other and Iniesta wouldn't be anywhere near as effective up front, because it means he can't drop deep and play key passes as much.

I suppose you might be right but I think Iniesta played really well for Spain in the World Cup and he was played wide, I also think he is easily good enough and dynamic enough to fill this role. I might be wrong and about to make a fool of myself but doesn't Xavi play relatively deep anyway and besides Busquets is playing the defensive role in the midfield so it's not that important which out of Xavi or Fabregas go deep. Villa often drifts to the left when he plays as a striker anyway so he can fill any space left by Iniesta and I'll be suprised if Ibra starts too many games this season although I thought he was good last season.

So all in all I think there'll be plenty of off the ball movement, don't forget the Champions League team often had Henry occupying wide left and Eto'o plays more like David Villa than Ibrahimovic so it's perfectly reasonable to suggest Iniesta-Villa-Messi-Fabregas-Xavi could play in the same team. If Fabregas went to Barcalona then surely the arguement would be between who's better out of him and Pedro.

If Fabregas went to Barcalona then surely the arguement would be between who's better out of him and Pedro.

You may be right here. I still think Guardiola prefers Iniesta in the more central role, Xavi does drop deep, like Fabregas, but not deep enough to really cover for counter attacks etc. On the Villa note, Guardiola would have seen how ineffective he was when he played on his own, and drifted out wide with Pedro and Iniesta cutting in from the wings, and will probably ask him to play more central again, and if anything, move out to the right, as Messi will almost never occupy that space, but actually could cause congestion if Iniesta also came in from the opposite flank, leaving Villa alone in the channels, and there attacking threat would almost certainly be a little limited, though i could be wrong.

everyone who is saying fabregas wouldnt get into the barca squad, how wouldnt he?

sergio biscuits is nowhere near as good as Cesc.
Xavi-Fabregas-Iniesta.. what a midfield

everyone who is saying fabregas wouldnt get into the barca squad, how wouldnt he?

sergio biscuits is nowhere near as good as Cesc.
Xavi-Fabregas-Iniesta.. what a midfield
because busquets is an anchorman..... none of the three you mention are

Wow.... Cesc wearing a Barca shirt......from Barcelona, played for Barcelona.....what are the chances...

Wow.... Cesc wearing a Barca shirt......from Barcelona, played for Barcelona.....what are the chances...
come on stu, given the way your club has acted in regards to bringing him back...

And during a period when Barcalona are tapping him up beyond belief, what are the chances eh?...

Lol it's just banter ffs (I'm an Arsenal fan). I have to say though, Cesc is getting so much pressure from his Spain team mates to go Barca, I actually sympathise with his position. I don't think Cesc will go Barca, I also think he realises it now, Wenger is actually not going to let him go and I doubt Barca will front the money that will make the board intervene.

Agreed!, there is nothing wrong with a bit of banter, cmon his country just won the World Cup... Im an Arsenal fan, and I know that one day Fabregas will go to Barca, but the way that Barcelona are going about the business of tapping him up, while only having made 1 official bid, which was rejected...is sickening to be honest! The more Barca tap up the player, the less likely I think it is that Cesc will go....if they did their business in the right way and made an OFFICIAL BID!! then I think he would allready be a Barca player....

To be honest I think Reina should be thinking more about the future of Liverpool instead of the future of Barcelona anyway!

ANOTHER TAPPING UP BY Baldy Idiot Iniesta

The mild-mannered Iniesta, though, says he had nothing to do with the prank.

'It wasn't anything to do with me - it was the other two (Puyol and Pique) who carried out the joke,' he said.

Notice it was a joke? It was a fun bit of banter, a joke. Dont take it so seriously

Who cares if he was wearing a Barca shirt, he started his career there and is heading back there either this summer or next summer so does it really matter? Its only football at the end of the day, if Arsenal fans get upset over that then they must not have much going on in there lives to be honest.

Who cares if he was wearing a Barca shirt, he started his career there and is heading back there either this summer or next summer so does it really matter? Its only football at the end of the day, if Arsenal fans get upset over that then they must not have much going on in there lives to be honest.
it does matter to them so leave them to it, they care about their club and players.

I'd be livid if I were an Arsenal fan! But it's hilarious to me since I'm not XD

It's a shirt for god sake. If Arsenal kick of over that it's pathetic, they have Cesc don't they so the fact that Barcelona are so desparate to capture him makes me LOL. But he's still Wenger's player so he'll be the one laughing to be honest.

I'd be ****** if I was a Gunner, but seeing as I am scouse I think it is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.