Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
Good to see we have picked up!! But OUCH! Budget isn't looking good!

May have to offload some players to get that sorted.

Ouch, with that kind of away form, I can't see Leeds staying up this season. Hopefully team turns this around in the later half of the season.

View attachment 14723

Norwich City Update

So after back to back play-off final defeats, we find ourselves with little to no squad left and managerless. I was debating letting us suffer temporarily until we had a new basis of youth players to go again with but instead, I decided to invest big. First of all we followed the trend of bringing in a big name manager with Unai Emery takiong the helm.

The signing of Emery did rely on one thing however, the replacement of the purple Norwich branding introduced by chairwoman Oprah Winfrey as he stated is was dragging the club down.

View attachment 14722

After 4 games we had only 1 point but since we have gone unbeaten and now sit in a strong position at the head of the table, with promotion seeming like a possibility with our current form. Needless to say Emery has started well.

View attachment 14721

Along with the capture of emery, we also made many signings which has clearly benefited our side this season.

View attachment 14720

Due to our form, no transfers are planned or expected in January. We hope to be joining some of you in the Premier League next year.

Sunderland - Brief end of 2023/24 season review / 2024/25 Review

View attachment 14526
Sunderland End of 2023/24 Season Review

PROMOTION!!!! Well we only went and finally got promoted at our 4th attempt in the Championship. It took the playoffs to do it but we did it. We were lucky to come back from a 2-0 defecit in the semi-final of the playoffs to win 3-2 on aggregate. Our main guys John MacLean and Magnus Grant pulled us through this season and the loan signing of Alex Meret was worth the gamble as we dramatically improved in the amount of goals we conceded as this is a position I feel we are extremely weak at and will need sorting next season.

We also WON THE CARABAO CUP!! What an achievement. To beat Stoke in the semi-final and then Man City in the final is unbelieveable. Fingers crossed for a good run in the Europa League in our first attempt.

To top off the season, Raul Valbuena earned Manager of the year for the championship.

Sunderland 2024/25 1st Half Season Review (July 2024 to December 2024)

Well the before the season even got underway, Tottenham came in and poached Raul Valbuena from us. I was hoping he would stick around for this season and see how it goes. However, this allowed us to bring in this man...

View attachment 14525
Xabi Alonso was a free agent so no compensation required but I believe this to be the man to help take us forward. Has such amazing attributes for a manager and fingers crossed we push on this season and not only survive but achieve top to mid table.

TRANSFERS OUT:

View attachment 14524
Well the big one as you can see is us losing our main man, Magnus Grant, who has been sold out to Barcelona for a mega fee of £55,000,000 (Not bad for a player signed for around £40k). It such a shame to lose a player of this calibre but the money was too hard to pass up. Lukaku had been around for a few year and had been hunted by a few clubs over the years but the time was finally there to ship him out. Emil Forsberg came to the club on a free last season and was instantly shipped out to Rangers. And now he returns to be sold so didn't make any appearances for us but can't complain with the fee for a 32 year old. Finally, Cabaco was always a backup player for us so the fee is decent to receive for him.

TRANSFERS IN:

View attachment 14523
We certainly had a busy summer. Charlie Ferguson is a young player brought before Alonso arrived at the club. Next were out summer dealings. Fernandes, Vrsaljko and Almiron all arrived on a free transfer. We were weak at Right Back so Fernandes and Vrsaljko will compete in this position. Almiron will improve out centre midfield and compete with the players we already have. We were also weak at Centre Back so we went out and signed Leandro Reynoso for £9,750,000, which was his release fee, and Ben Gibson for £4,000,000 from Burnley who will bring a bit of experience to the squad. A few youngsters with bright futures were signed (Ferreirinha, Inigo and Damian) all arrive for around £1,500,000 in total from Benfica and Villareal. Lastly, before Alonso made any dealings, we acquire two goalkeepers on loan as we only had a few youngsters to take us forward so Croatian goalkeepers Livakovic and Brekalo come in from Liverpool and PSG respectively.

Alonso then brought in a few players of his own. Kasper Dolberg was signed on loan from recently relegated Burnley to challenge on the left wing. Joe Bryan came in from Leeds to replace the departing Lukaku. Finally, Glen Kamara came in from West Ham to add additional competition in the centre of the park.

RESULTS:

View attachment 14522

Things did not start out well for us, getting eliminated from the Europa League qualifying stages by Austria Vienna in the 3rd Round after beating Dun. Streda in the 2nd Round.

We only got as far as the 4th round this year in the Carabao cup losing 2-0 to Chelsea.

In terms of the league, we didn't start well in the first 3 months winning only 2 in our first 12 league games, losing 7 and drawing 3. But from the back end of November towards the end of the December we managed to double our win tally by winning 4 of our next 8 games, mainly beating Newcastle 1-0 in the Tyne-Wear derby.

SQUAD:

View attachment 14521

John MacLean has been absolutely vital for us so far scoring 10 goals in his debut season in the premier league. Lang, Zaha and Brozovic have also contributed. Charly Musonda is at the other end of the list and looks to be on the way out of the club. Youngester Sam Binch has managed to keep Almiron out of the squad which I see as a positive.

Fingers crossed we kick on for the second half of the season. We have £77m to possibly make a few improvements to the squad so hopefully this helps us stay in the league and move up the table.

Last edited:
Any chance of an extension to the transfer window? Could you keep it open until 7pm?

JANUARY WINDOW CLOSED

Aston Villa - Yeti01

No transfer business.

Birmingham - bcfc1

No transfer business.

Blackburn - WeArePalace

Manager In - Eddie Howe - No compensation required
EXP - Max Aarons - Wolves - £50k p/w
EXP - Felice D'Amico - Inter - £115k p/w

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne

Manager Out - Paulo Fonseca - £360k compensation
Manager In - Raul Valbuena - No compensation required
EXP - Iuri Medeiros - Sporting - £10k p/w
EXP - Junior Tavares - AC Milan - £30k p/w
FGN - Nehuen Paz - River - £8.8 million

Players Sold;

C2C - Mamadou Doucoure to QPR for £8 million
C2C LOAN - Buiu to Portsmouth

Leeds - IndiBlue

Manager IN - Davide Ancelotti - Fiorentina - £410k compensation
EXP - Dan Carvajal - PSG - £140k p/w
EXP - Eden Hazard - Chelsea - £125k p/w
EXP - N'Golo Kante - Chelsea - £100k p/w

Middlesbrough - RVP20

EXP - Jordan Peter - Monaco - £30k p/w
DOM - Michael Smith - Hearts - £155k

Millwall - madmat23

EXP - Reece Oxford - Huddersfield - £2k p/w
EXP - Connor Ronan - Peterborough - £2k p/w
EXP - Rodrigo - Valencia - £2k p/w

Norwich - LiamCFC88

No transfer business.

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker

No transfer business. Been quiet for a while now....inactivity warning issued. Please let me know if you still want to play on...

Portsmouth - Linecoigne1998

C2C LOAN - Buiu - Brentford

Preston - Benncfc24

No transfer business.

QPR - dporter8999

C2C - Mamadou Doucoure - Brentford - £8 million
Contract Renewals - Ethan Laird, Ryan Cassidy and Eberechi Eze

Stoke - stonecold

EXP - Santiago Nsuga - Real Madrid - £5k p/w
DOM - Mick Biggins - Newcastle - £320k
Contract Renewals - Antoine Griezmann and Claudio Gomez

Swansea - mathhow

Manager In - Brendan Rodgers - No compensation required
EXP - Simone Zaza - Torino - £10k p/w
EXP - James Tarakowski - Burnley - £15k p/w
EXP - Dimitris Pelkas - PAOK - £10k p/w

Sunderland - andy_14clark

EXP - Phil Foden - Man City - £125k p/w
EXP - Alex Sandro - Juventus - £60k p/w
DOM - Ross McCrorie - Wolves - £4.8 million
FGN - Noureddine Guennoun - Gladbach - £16.5 million
Junior Coaching - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million
Youth Recruitment - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million
Youth Facilities - Minor Upgrade - £2.5 million

West Brom - savan21

No transfer business.

Last edited:
You’ve missed out my late EXP transfers.

Also, thanks to all for waiting for me! It’s been one of those weeks in work with a few late finishes and early starts so not had much time for the game.

Can't believe IndiBlue beat me to Hazard because he was higher, we bid exactly the same contract haha.

Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season, fingers crossed I am still in the premier league.

January February March Update

JANUARY/FEBRUARY/MARCH UPDATE

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW ROUNDUP

Here's all the business done by our managers in the January window (deals over £2 million shown here only)...

Aston Villa signed Anderson Genaro from INT for £10.25 million
Birmingham signed Anwar El Ghazi from Atalanta for £2.7 million
Birmingham signed Huan Cifuentes from AC Milan for £4.7 million
Birmingham sold Carel Eiting to Burnley for £4.7 million
Blackburn signed Said Benali from Feyenoord for £4.8 million
Blackburn signed Dominique Diouf from Celta Vigo for £24 million
Blackburn signed Moise Kean from Stoke for £20.5 million
Blackburn sold Malcom to Man City for £57 million
Brentford signed Adam Masina from Watford for £2 million
Leeds signed Ross Barkley from West Brom for £9.25 million
Leeds signed Ryan Nyambe from Everton for £8.25 million
Leeds signed Freddie Woodman from Celtic for £19.75 million
Middlesbrough signed Tim Thompson from West Ham for £4.7 million
Middlesbrough signed Adrien Silva from Everton for £2.5 million
Millwall sold Yoann Etienne to Zulte Waregem for £2.4 million
Norwich signed Milan Vandeputte from Leicester for £8.75 million
Norwich signed Atakan Akkaynak from Crystal Palace for £9.5 million
Norwich signed Kelvin Reekers from Gladbach for £13.5 million
Norwich signed Olexandr Zinchenko from Celtic for £11.5 million
Norwich signed Jarrod Bowen from Leicester for £9.5 million
Norwich sold Sandro Manoel to Dortmund for £34.5 million
Norwich sold Emmanuel Valdez to Schalke for £8.25 million
Nottingham Forest signed Alfie Mawson from Southampton for £4.3 million
Nottingham Forest signed Jack Harrison from Swansea for £8 million
Nottingham Forest signed Eberechi Eze from QPR for £2.3 million
Nottingham Forest signed DeAndre Yedlin from Newcastle for £5.75 million
Nottingham Forest sold Inigo Lekue to Slavia Prague for £2.8 million
QPR signed Mirko Antonucci from Crotone for £3.8 million
QPR signed Matias Zaracho from Celtic for £13.5 million
QPR sold Declan Rice to Galatasaray for £2.1 million
QPR sold Jorn Vancamp to Jeonbuk for £6 million
QPR signed Jake Doyle-Hayes from Aston Villa for £8 million
Sunderland signed Sheyi Ojo from Trabzonspor for £17 million
Sunderland sold Charly Musonda to Fenerbahce for £4.4 million
Swansea signed Jonathan Panzo from Nottingham Forest for £7 million
Swansea sold Christian Sanseverino to AC Milan for £5.75 million
Swansea sold Taylor Harwood-Bellis to Burnley for £7.5 million
West Brom sold Sergio Rico to Shakhtar for £4.6 million

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke and West Brom sit just behind the top 6 with 7/8 games remaining and can still break into the European qualification spots which are probably just out of reach now for Middlesbrough and Blackburn. Brentford have climbed to 14th and should be safe, but Leeds currently occupy a relegation place and will need to rally in the back stretch to avoid the drop. Aston Villa are not yet safe either!

View attachment 14394

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Norwich have dropped to 4th and will be dreading a potential playoff battle again after the past 2 seasons! Nottingham Forest again lead, whilst QPR look good for a playoff spot. The rest of our chairman clubs all occupy mid table places and nobody should be dropping down to League One this year.

View attachment 14393

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

So Portsmouth sit 2nd, but just look at the recovery from Millwall who now sit just behind them in 3rd place!! What a turnaround it's been from them this season, although they may have to settle for the playoffs with the top 2 potentially out of reach.

View attachment 14392

FA CUP

Stoke crashed out in the quarter finals and won't make it 3 FA Cups in a row. Norwich still remain in the semi's and will face Spurs!

View attachment 14391

CARABAO CUP

Aston Villa were beaten by Chelsea in the semi final.

View attachment 14390

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

Portsmouth made it to the final of the competition, but were beaten by Hull on penalties.

View attachment 14389

EUROPA LEAGUE

Stoke made it through the first knockout round with a comfortable victory over FC Kobenhavn.

View attachment 14388

But were then beaten in the next round by Tottenham!

View attachment 14387

****! Would've been nice to get a trophy this season, at least it looks like we'll make it back to the Championship... (hoping I've not jinxed myself here lol)

End of Season 2024/25

END OF SEASON 2024/25

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke sneak into the top 6 on goal difference, whilst West Brom, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Blackburn and Brentford all occupy mid table places with only 7 points seperating all of them! Leeds finish rock bottom in the end and will return to the Championship next year!

View attachment 14386

Sunderland's 22 year old striker, John McLean finishes up as the Prem's top goalscorer with 22! Middlesbrough's Luca Moretti finished 3rd!

View attachment 14385

And West Brom's Ludwig Friedli wins the Player's Young Player award!

View attachment 14384

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Wolves pipped Nottingham Forest to the title, but I'm sure Forest will be happy to go up automatically. It meant playoffs again for Norwich and QPR will join them there, whilst Swansea just miss out! Nobody came anywhere close to relegation this season!

View attachment 14383

QPR were beaten by Leicester in the first playoff semi.

View attachment 14382

Whilst a solid home performance from Norwich saw them overcome West Ham to make their 3rd straight playoff final!

View attachment 14381

I almost want to cry for the Norwich chairman as they suffer heartache again, this time losing on a penalty shootout to Leicester!

View attachment 14380

Nottingham Forest's Roberto Di Matteo takes the Manager of the Year award.

View attachment 14379

QPR's Giorgi Chakvetadze wins the Player of the Year, whilst its Sandro Manoel of Norwich who takes the Young Player award.

View attachment 14378

View attachment 14377

It's Wolves players who dominate the team of the year, but we do have players from Norwich, Nottingham Forest and QPR represented.

View attachment 14376

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

We have title winners! Well done to Portsmouth who make an immediate return to the Championship as League One champions! Millwall finish 3rd for a playoff spot...a great achievement based on their start!

View attachment 14375

Millwall overcame Crewe in their Playoff Semi Final.

View attachment 14374

Only to lose on penalties in the final at the hands of Bristol Rovers.

View attachment 14373

Portsmouth's Robert Lewandowski wins the Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer awards.

View attachment 14372

View attachment 14371

No less than 5 Portsmouth players are named in the Team of the Year, with Millwall's Plavsic also making the 11!

View attachment 14370

FA CUP

Norwich were beaten by Spurs in the semi final.

View attachment 14369

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Aston Villa - Antonio Conte left club - Replaced with Allan McGregor
Stoke - Mauricio Pochettino left club - Replaced with Zinedine Zidane
QPR - Patrick Vieira sacked - Replaced with Roberto Mancini
Norwich - Unai Emery left club to join Everton - Replaced with Paulo Fonseca

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club, then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

If your manager retired, then you'll need to appoint a new one. If you take a manager from another club, you will have to pay compensation.

Game Save File Download; Chairman Save - 9th June 2025

This download will take you up to 9th June and the transfer window is officially open! This is the file you can use for looking at your squad's season stats for your end of season posts! However, I am going to set all your manager's transfer budgets to £0 so hopefully they don't spend any of your money and then sim the game to 1st July....then I will add your EXP deals from the January window and post up a new save file to download with your budgets for the transfer window! Hopefully by this time you will have received any prize or parachute money which should then be available for you to spend!

I feel bad for Norwich, 3 times in a row to lose out in the playoff finals!

i will take 12th, happy with that. Now let’s see if I can hold on to MacLean.

So close Millwall.

Touaizi making championship team of the year shows how big a loss he was for us. Only losing him for just over $4m hurts aswell.

Losing Etienne for only $2.4m is a kick in the guts financially but on the other hand it is well needed money.

Last edited:
TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN

The game has now been simmed to 1st July and your EXP deals from January have now been added to your squads!

As we have missed 3 weeks of the transfer window already, I will allow you to take preference on loan deals. So if a player has already joined another club on loan in this window, you can take them off them instead! This does not include players who may have already moved to other chairman clubs...you have to leave them alone and play nice!

Here's your budgets guys...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £51.6 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - £40.4 million
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £76.9 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £29.6 million
Leeds - IndiBlue - £133.5 million
Middlesbrough - RVP20 - £121.7 million
Millwall - madmat23 - -£165k
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £26.2 million
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - £35.3 million
Portsmouth - Linecoigne 1998 - (-£5.5 million)
Preston - Benncfc24 - £630k
QPR - dporter8999 - £92.8 million
Stoke - stonecold - (-£373k)
Sunderland - andy_14clark - £59.3 million
Swansea - mathhow - £22.3 million
West Brom - savan21 - £39.6 million

We have a long transfer window this time round guys as I am away from Saturday until Wednesday for work. Transfer window open until Wednesday 3rd April at 4:00pm, so plenty of time to do all your transfer business and posts! Feel free to post your end of season press releases/news articles guys and send me your transfer business. Remember, every chairman is limited to the following transfers throughout a whole season...

C2C - Unlimited
DOM x3
FGN x2
U18 x3
FREE x2 (Summer window...you may offer for 2 more players who's contracts have expired and have not yet found another club. Send me salary offers as per EXP deals)
EXP x3 (January window)

The new rule is now in place for the REL transfers. If you wish to release players then it will cost you half of that players transfer value to get rid of them. Each of you has 3x REL transfers and please send them to me as follows....

REL - Sergio Aguero - Man City - No Club - £12 million

Game Save File; Chairman Save - 1st July 2025

BRENTFORD TRANSFER LIST

Have a look at these players lads....obviously C2C transfers can always be beneficial as the player moves for the same wage, so it can be an easy way to keep the wage bill down at a reasonable level!

ANGEL CORREA - AMRLC/ST - My highest rated/valued player at £52 million - Available for £45 million

SON HEUNG-MIN - AMRLC/ST - Could do a job for lower league Prem sides, or would be fantastic in the Championship - Available for £20 million

ANTONIO RUDIGER - DC/DM - **** hot defender - Available for £16 million

TAMMY ABRAHAM - AMRLC/ST - Will score bag fulls in Championship - Available for £14 million

JOSHUA ONOMAH - DM/MC/AMC - Has been a constant fixture in my team for last few seasons. Would be great in the Championship - Available for £12 million

NEHUEN PAZ - DC/DM - Again, would be great in the Championship - Available for £6 million

BUIU - AMRL/ST - Young Brazilian talent, who just doesn't seem favoured by my manager for some reason despite great stats - Available for £6 million

MARCO STAFFA - DM/MLC - Only 22 years old and still best years ahead of him. Great addition for any Championship squad - Available for £3 million

NELSON VIEIRA - AMRLC - Labelled the next Cristiano Ronaldo - Available for loan

BENJAMIN AYUK - DC/MC - Only 21 years old and can still improve a lot. Great squad player for a cheap price - Available for £2 million

ADAM MASINA - LB - Probably good enough for most Championship or League One sides as number 1 left back - Available for £4 million

End Of Season Press Release

End Of Season

Having 3 promising season, the team didn't continue that this year. An ultimately poor season see the club finish in the bottom half of the table. with no money available to improve the team it certainly showed this year.

After a very disappointing start to the season where we flirted with the relegation places, we did manage to pick up as the season went on. But the lack of finances are a big worry for us, we will struggle to add much quality to this team and risk losing some top players who are already linked with bigger teams.

Ahmed Musa does continue to find the net and lead the goalscoring charts for us with 18. with young prospect Agustin Baez leading the assists with 11. The poor season shows with not one single player reaching an average rating of 7 or above.

Transfer List

Due to the finances at the club not improving, all players are available for transfer. Each player will have a price but some may be lower than I wish.

This does include a few youngster at the team that have had decent seasons, they are already attracting interest from premier league teams. With low value and wage, they would be great additions to any championship team for little cost.​

At least we didn't get relegated this time around! Eddie Howe has looked like the right decision early on, hopefully he can carry on doing well.

Back