Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
FM Base Challenge of the Month 2 (June)

INTRO

Bored of your usual Football Manager game? Want a test to your finely honed managerial skills? Want to compete against other fm-base members without the need for a network game?

Then the Challenge of the month could be just what you've been looking for!

Each month we will post a new challenge, exploring all corners of the Football Manager world. Each challenge will be no more than one season long so entering the competition requires no great commitment.

The challenges aren't supposed to be easy and a good understanding of Football Manager 2010 is required. But you can play at your own pace and the number of entries is not restricted, so if at first you don't succeed try again!

Last month we challenged you to get underdogs El Salvador to the World Cup. Congratulations to Sass101 who recorded the best effort only narrowly missing out on the knockout stages.

For this month's challenge we head further south to the Argentinian Premier Division, why not give it a go and prove your managerial mettle!

Read the OP carefully as it will give you instructions on setting the game up together with the rules you must abide by.

rosario+central.jpg

CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH 2 (JUNE): DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA :'(

Originally founded by English railway workers based in Argentina, Rosario Central, or Los Canallas (the scoundrels), are the sixth best supported team in the country.

Central have won the Argentine Primera Division title four times and some celebrated players have worn their blue and yellow shirts, such as Cesar Luis Menotti, Mario Kempes, Kily Gonzalez and Angel Di Maria.

But currently times are hard and the club find themselves facing relegation, could you be the manager to save them?

Here's the twist... relegation from the Argentine Primera Division is not based on league position, it is instead based on the average points scored over three years. You join the game during the 2009/10 winter break with the “closing stage” of the league due to start at the end of January (the league is split into two parts called the opening and closing stages).

The teams placed 19th and 20th in the average points table are relegated at the end of the season, whilst the 17th and 18th placed teams play off to avoid the drop. At the start of the game Central are rock bottom and we estimate that you will need to score at least 30 points from the remaining 19 games to have even the faintest hope of achieving safety.

View attachment 71851

As results come in a leader-board of entrants efforts will be published on this OP, or you can just play for fun.The challenge ends at the end of the 2009/10 season.

Don't worry if you fail to complete the challenge on your first attempt, remember you can enter as many times as you like (your best effort will appear on the leader-board).

SET UP AND RULES

To set up the challenge load the game-save from Zshare.net using the link below:

Once the game has loaded add yourself as manager (you can use any past experience you like) and select the team ROSARIO CENTRAL to manage. The game date should be the late December 2009 and your next game will be a league match against Boca Juniors on 31st January 2010.

You must read the following rules carefully as your entry may be disqualified if you break them.

1) you cannot manage any other nations/clubs and must refuse any jobs offered to you during the challenge.

2) you cannot holiday during any part of the challenge.

3) the corner tactic exploit is banned, as are all exploit tactics such as Mr Hough’s Wonder Tactic.

4) you can only save your game a maximum of 6 times during the challenge, once for every month (so make sure you have disabled the auto-save feature!)

5) on completing the challenge you must post the following screenshots to register your entry and be placed on the leader-board:
Manager profile
Manager history - achievements
Fixtures/results for 2009/10
League Table (closing stage or overall table)
Average Points Table
Game status
6) you must provide any other screenshots or details requested by the thread originator, his decision is final!

7) the closing date for entries is 30th June 2010

GOOD LUCK!

CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH LEADERBOARD:

1) Piginho (Average pts=) 1.30
2) Shake87 1.25
=3) madridboy86 1.20
=3) jacko919 1.20
5) Gaffer 1.18

Last edited:
Wow. That looks a tough challenge. I'm downloading now.

The database size is kind of big my processors are used to small with only one nation and division I can here them wheezing

I cant seem to open it, ive saved it in my games folder with my other saves. Only thing i can see is its a different type of file. any help?

Yeeppiijeee finally a new challenge. It HAS to be iinteresting so I HAVE to try this out :D

Let the winner through :p

Downloading the DB now i will probably give this a go..

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

anyone know where to extract it :S
Dont worry done it now :)

I would give this a go but doubt i'll be able to because I always get crash dumps. So with 6 saves it wouldnt be possible for me.

A big welcome to everyone who is giving June's challenge a go and GL!

The database size is kind of big my processors are used to small with only one nation and division I can here them wheezing

Sorry about that mate. :(

I cant seem to open it, ive saved it in my games folder with my other saves. Only thing i can see is its a different type of file. any help?

Not sure what to suggest bud, ALL my game-save's are .fm files just like this one... what file type are yours? :S

I would give this a go but doubt i'll be able to because I always get crash dumps. So with 6 saves it wouldnt be possible for me.

The limit is there to help prevent cheating Skorpio, sorry. :(

Think I'll give it a go, I'm not usually good at commiting to these sorts of things so a one season long save is perfect ^^) I'll start in the evening as I'm meant to be revising atm.

Looks like a really good challenge mate ;)

i downloaded and the link was for fm genie scout

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

na this aint working for me

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

ronaseal, how did you extract it, im having right trouble

i downloaded and the link was for fm genie scout

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

na this aint working for me

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

ronaseal, how did you extract it, im having right trouble

Can you describe what you are doing, I have just downloaded the Argentina.fm files from both filefront and zshare links above without a problem! Both downloaded as .fm files and both loaded onto FM2010? :S

same as i always download it, it gives me the option to open with fm genie scout, this never normally happens, so i changed it to open with winrar, and it then says file is either unknown format or damaged

It doesn't save it as a .fm, it saves it as this absolute mad file which includes the word FM Genie Scout. Lol, when I go in game and click 'load game' it says. 'The save game could not be loaded'.

It doesn't save it as a .fm, it saves it as this absolute mad file which includes the word FM Genie Scout. Lol, when I go in game and click 'load game' it says. 'The save game could not be loaded'.

Try downloading it from Filefront, thats what I did and it's working fine.

Try downloading it from Filefront, thats what I did and it's working fine.

I've tried but it keeps coming up saying the website will not allow you to view this page or something,

I've tried but it keeps coming up saying the website will not allow you to view this page or something,

You might have very strict Firewall or something oO) Don't really know what to do about it unless you disable it temporarily or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.