Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
Man how rong did thiss poll get it. Would have been different if there were more Spannish on here I suppose.

omg we lost

Evra goes missing on the left, Eto'o skips in. And your manager decides that the best way to gain control of the match again is.... to play a 4-4-2 diamond!! And when that doesn't work, he throws on two strikers and Paul Scholes :D There are times when I come close to loving Taggart :)

man utd are going to tear them up all the way round right round lol:)

WRONG

Manchester United will absolutely demolish this Amateur Team. I don't rate this team due to them thinking football is all about trying to walk the ball into net. Man Utd has got a healthy balance and a better team overall than Barca.

wish my local Amateur side could win the champions league...once again

WRONG

a good game i thought, Man Utd started better but a **** of a pass from Xavi changed the game (good goal aswell from Eto'o). Barca passed it about amazingly at times.

Pique was class at the back

Iniesta was man of th match...dominated the midfield

Xavi had two amazing passes

Messi didnt have the best of games but i liked his header

best debut season for a manager ever?

Notice that since the final whistle people have been voting for Barca

tell you what people talk about messi an ronny puyol ran rings around man u's defence

we were completely outclassed iniesta,xavi,messi were great congrats barca.

Nothing to be ashamed of, the better team on the night won. Barcelona thoroughly deserve the win. Congrats to them!

On paper, United were more balance and stronger, but I have to admit, I really underestimated the importance of Fletcher to the team this season. United had the gameplan, but the execution was terribly poor. They only showed up for the first 9 mins of the game...

It's a sad night and a sad end to the season, but they a bunch of silverware already so it's not a bad season by far. Looking forward to next season.

Just thought I'd chime in and say... told you so about Man Utd.... and Anderson, I know my posts were stupidly long but, still pretty much got it spot on, though even I didn't believe Barca could pull it off ! :p

Last edited:
best debut season for a manager ever?

He's done really well, but to be fair when you have players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Henry and Puyol you are going to do well.

Quality pressing from Barca when Man Utd were in possesion and when they had the ball they passed it around the mancs with ease at times. I didn't want Barca to win but they certainly deserved it.

not true. They had them last year and didnt do very well :)

I think the downfall to united the other day was that cristiano ronaldo was so desperate to prove that he was better than messi and tried to score when he had a half chance at goal when he could of passed it.

Messi just stuck to his instuctions and knew what his role was to play and he done it and just focussed on getting his hands on the trophy and proved what a quality player he is.

unlucky man utd tho.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd chime in and say... told you so about Man Utd.... and Anderson, I know my posts were stupidly long but, still pretty much got it spot on, though even I didn't believe Barca could pull it off ! :p

in what way were you right about anderson. all our midfield was **** but in no way was anderson the shittest. he was injured. that was why he was subbed. if i was substituting someone i would have subbed carrick or giggs. absolute wank.
Gunner500, stop going through all of the old posts and acting all high and mighty. Hindsight is an advantage they didn't have.
so true. to be fair he only commented on the tools who called barca amatuers and predicted 3-0. they kind of deserve it. i remember someone in another thread sayin messi is only as good as ashley young.

my views on final:
first 10 mins we were great. next 80 were hopeless.
giggs was ****. carrick was ****. anderson was probably the best (i may be biased) but still ****. midfield was the worst. no possesion at all.
good tactics from barca.
seemed impossible to dispossess messi/xavi/iniesta even though their midgets.
better team on the night won. messi most probably win awards.
ronaldo may have lost battle against messi but he was by far our best outfield and only actual leader on pitch.
van der sar was good.
need to improve squad. if were gonna win the league next year lets do it in style not like this year losing to almost all our rivals and limping to the title.
we will be back....hopefully.

in what way were you right about anderson. all our midfield was **** but in no way was anderson the shittest. he was injured. that was why he was subbed. if i was substituting someone i would have subbed carrick or giggs. absolute wank.

Erm by saying that he wouldn't be able to handle Xavi and Iniesta !?!? not wrong was I ? You were right about Carraick though he had an absolute shocker, he's had a few this year, I was also right about Evra and O'Shea not being able to Handle the Barca Top 3, what really shocked me was how well Carles Puyol played as a Full Back and That Ronaldo and Rooney went AWOL after 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Erm by saying that he wouldn't be able to handle Xavi and Iniesta !?!? not wrong was I ? You were right about Carraick though he had an absolute shocker, he's had a few this year, I was also right about Evra and O'Shea not being able to Handle the Barca Top 3, what really shocked me was how well Carles Puyol played as a Full Back and That Ronaldo and Rooney went AWOL after 10 minutes.

I wouldn't really blame Ronaldo, being a striker on the day, there is only so much he can do without the ball... but that is not to say he did well everytime he had the ball... hmmm..

The really shocker for me was... in times like those and in a major final.. there wasn't a real leader on the pitch who rallied the team when the chips were down. It is seldom you'll see a Fergie's United throw away a game like that.. That was the disappointing part. There was no real fire in their belly... Oh how I miss Roy Keane..

Everyone in that played in the final should look at themselves and place the blame squarely on themselves.. The tactics worked wonders in the semi-finals, so I don't think it was the tactics that was wrong.. they could have used a gazillion tactics, but if they drop their heads like what happened in the game, nothing would have worked.

Barcelona were awesome on the day, but it was sad seeing United didn't make a bigger fight for the title when it matters most.

whos acting high and mighty? just found it funny how some manu fans were predicting a thrashing when clearly the opposite happend! i don`t know what issue u have with me but its getting abit much, lee u had ago and gave me an infraction/warning or whatever it was for a double post before then u went and did the samething and added your own thread for the final as u thought it deserved one yet when liverpool got thrashed at chelski 3-1 all i asked was is the tie over and bam ur on my case for some reason i think its u that believes there high and mighty or above there station on a power trip or whatever u want to call it ,the only quotes i`ve reply to are the ones that were saying they were going to demolish them if i was being an **** i would have tryed to dig at ajw,or 19-11-08 but they just gave there none arggant quotes hense i`ve not had a go!(K)

so true. to be fair he only commented on the tools who called barca amatuers and predicted 3-0. they kind of deserve it. i remember someone in another thread sayin messi is only as good as ashley young.

my views on final:
first 10 mins we were great. next 80 were hopeless.
giggs was ****. carrick was ****. anderson was probably the best (i may be biased) but still ****. midfield was the worst. no possesion at all.
good tactics from barca.
seemed impossible to dispossess messi/xavi/iniesta even though their midgets.
better team on the night won. messi most probably win awards.
ronaldo may have lost battle against messi but he was by far our best outfield and only actual leader on pitch.
van der sar was good.
need to improve squad. if were gonna win the league next year lets do it in style not like this year losing to almost all our rivals and limping to the title.
we will be back....hopefully.

Actually it was done in 6 seperate posts, Thats why Lee has brought it up so you dont really have a leg to stand on here. Fair enough once but 6 times.