Champions League Group Stage Live

LMAO. You think FC Twente are as good as us? oO)

To be fair to them, they're probably better than you think. A good side with some really good players. Wouldn't say as good as Spurs but they're not much worse.

First time they have won it mate so, I dont see real danger from there ..

Didnt see danger from young boys until they booted you up the backside the first leg!

Dont get cocky, twente are a really good team

Any other United fans planning on traveling to Turkey and Valencia? Not looking forward to Bursaspor.

I travel to Turkey quite a lot to be honest. Never actually been to Bursa nor now anyone who has been there, never seen their side in action either. Quite stunned to as how they won the Turkish League this year, a decent top half side but hardly a great side. Sercan Yildirim is a good young player who plays for them and they have a few other good individuals. United should beat them both legs comfortably.

United can beat Bursa easily but still Bursa has some talents like Sercan Volkan. Also, F.Insua - Stepanov come to Bursa. If they perform their best they can be 3. but i think they will be 4.

Spurs stand a good chance in that group -- Werder are not the team of 2-3 years ago and I watched Twente about 20-25 times last season and they're not as good as what you might think. They're a solid outfit, but nothing great and they've lost their manager and a few players since then.

I'm not saying we will go through, but (imo) our group isn't as hard as some of the others.

ahhhh manchester! so many memories! XD

i predict a riot!

Don't be so cocky. Shakthar are a talented side, and going away to Ukraine will not be easy. Braga knocked out Sevilla and celtic so they shouldn't be underestimated. Partizan is not a nice place to go away. Yes we should top the group, but don't be so ingorant.

Shakhtar are amazing, they've played some of the best football I've ever seen live when they came to Craven Cottage. I am looking forward to the game between you two sides because it will be a great spectacle.

Another easy drawn for Arsenal :S

If you're not being sarcastic, then not really:
Fairly easy games on paper, but Shakhtar are the Ukrainian champions, and so we have to go there, and get a result, which is going to be tough, considering:
a) The atmosphere, an incredibly noisy and probably fairly intimidating lot of fans who will get behind their team, and spur them on.
b) The climate, going to be cold, and probably not a great pitch (plastic or otherwise)
c) Our history in Eastern Europe..

Same applies to Partizan..
Braga will be tough too, they knocked out Sevilla, and battered Celtic, they came 2nd in the Portuguese league, competing for the title alongside Porto and SL.

EDIT: What Frankie said.. oO)

Will you please stop your hating on Tottenham. We got their fairly. If other Spurs fans you know ****** you off then keep it off of here. Nothing but snidy childish comments.

How was it a snidy comment? Inter are clearly a stronger side than Tottenham that much is obvious. Werder Bremen and FC Twente are really good sides, can't see how I've been childish at all, purely giving my opinion. If anything you are being the childish one, acting so defensive over the slightest thing.

Although maybe next time you should argue your point, tell me why [you think] I'm wrong but I guess it's easier to call me childish and dismiss everything I say? So no, I won't keep my opinions to myself, Tottenham have every chance to prove me wrong but it certainly won't be a walk in the park.

Last edited:
rangers, utd and valencia in 1 group? thats uncoolness, i support all 3 although in that order ;) thats a tough group for everyone, rangers are no pushovers and neither are valencia just because they lost villa and silva.

Interesting draw. All English teams should get through the group stage, United followed by Chels probably have the easiest groups of the four.. I think Arsenal's group will be the surprise group, all of them are very good sides which shouldn't be underestimated.

Will also be interesting to see the reception Didier Drogba gets when going back to Marseille, he was a God over there.

Ehh, no offence, but neither Rangers or Celtic are minnows. Old English arrogance coming thorugh there ;) But they both attract a crowd that is in the top 5 of the attendances in Britain., and have been realatively succesful in Europe for their financial position. Also, I'd like to point out that when Chelsea win 6-0 two games in a row, it's because their so good, but when Rangers or Celtic do it, it's becuase of how bad the opposition is.
And for the record my ideal pot would be

Ac Milan
Madrid
Rangers
Msk Zilina :)
come you know i meant relatively speaking :D otherwise you wouldnt be floating round as 3rd seeds

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Too ******* right i'm confident if Celtic can beat use am sure we can aswell
football doesnt work that way mate, we'll have to be average and you at your best to get a result, otherwise nothing doing

come you know i meant relatively speaking :D otherwise you wouldnt be floating round as 3rd seeds

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

football doesnt work that way mate, we'll have to be average and you at your best to get a result, otherwise nothing doing

Oh no don't get me wrong the standard of football is pish, but no-one can question the size of the club :)