Championship Manager 2010

All Gloss and No Show !!

After laying dormant for a little while, championship manager 2010 has been in the process of being made for 2 years.

I am to understand that you can manage in leagues far below the blue square now, and that there is now a unique way to set up your set pieces, it is also the first edition manager game to come out for the 2010 season arriving in our stores during september.

ive got to be honest with you, cm10 looks very good, i will now have to buy both cm10 and fm10 to compare.

any information about cm10 add to this thread.

screenshots of cm10.

View attachment 9132

I suggest anyone contemplating CM2010 should download the demo. Having done that they'll soon realise it's a no contest!! CM2010 looks slick,has an initially better 3D match engine but play for a bit and you'll uncover the flaws and absent data!!!
The 3D players have plenty of movement and superior animation to FM2009 BUT some movements are a joke and the football behaves more like a medicine ball with no bounce at all !! Dig deeper and you'll discover how much data is NOT available i.e. match reports for other games do not include scorers and goal times etc!!
It is the sheer wealth of data that makes FM THE game to have!! Ok if like me you started at the birth of this genre with Championship Manager then perhaps some might feel like a traitor to desert the original but remember the guys who developed CM are now the core of FM !! Roll on October 30th!!!

View attachment 9133

View attachment 9134

View attachment 9135

Main Factors;

1) Dislike the Skin
2) Took a while to get used to how things work in the sense of navigation.
3) I quite like the Media thing, it's like a backpage of a newspaper and informs that way instead of the usual boring text.
4) Quite easy; I'm West Ham and currently top of the table with a 2-0 win over Liverpool and 2-1 over Man City only conceded 3 goals least in EPL.
5) Well worth the 1p good to fill some time in especially when you've exhausted FM 09
6) Scouting more interesting. Gives you a map and you clikc and place how much money you want to put into that regent. Which comes back with hundreds of players.

Overall I quite like the match engine is quite good however it will never be FM 09 there just doesn't seem to be there.

i have just bought the game today .. its absolutley **** !! i hate it

its hard to read the screen because of the unchangeable small font and the gameplay is **** no player faces **** tactics setup

DO NOT BUY ! I HAVE JUST ORDERED FM2010

I played the demo n i found it to be rather confusing but thats probably coz im used to the FM layout lol

Try updating your DirectX and your graphics card driver.

dont like it, some how felt dead inside playing it

CM10 is far far to easy and unrealistic. I was able to climb to the top 4 of the Prem. with Wolves and win the Carling Cup with very little effort. Thought that maybe CM might be good enough this year to hold me over until FM10 is released but it just left me wanting FM10 even more.

Just got it, looks alright :) I think people are being a little harsh on the game though, so yeah FM is the best and it's better than CM, but CM is still pretty good and it will definetly keep me going until FM10 :)

It's so buggy sometimes, but at least it has a good 3D Match Engine.