• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjack41

Reaction score
There are rumours circulating that the campaign to make people change their facebook avatar to a cartoon from their childhood was a sick campaign to make it easier for paedofiles to add children.There is no evidence, but could not find the campaign on the NSPCC website so..

i dont see how pictures of cartoons helps paedophiles

Hmmmm you may be right. It's not on thier page...hmmm.

How do you work that out, loads of people have changed to a cartoon, my uncle has, and loads of others.

Yes but their are rumours, apparently it was on the news somewere..

This is what the NSPCC have said about it

A warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the UK. Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook
campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do. If
you would like to find out more about how you can... get involved,
please ...visit our website.

worst rumour ever. when you consider people of all ages are changing them, how does it help?

I don't understand how this will help paedophiles find children.

They are cartoon characters from their childhood, not real pictures of them. And even if, the most likely to happen is that the paedophiles will be caught out easier with the fact that others are doing it and can report when one is being harrassed.

Surely it makes it worse for paedophiles, as they don't get to stare at pictures of little children on facebook?

worst rumour ever. when you consider people of all ages are changing them, how does it help?

Thats just the cover up really isnt it? children are doing it because everyone is doing it so their "target market" so to speak have done it, then they can add children and Boom.. child abuse/cyber bullying.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in so long XD

So now it's easier to see who is a child by them having a cartoon picture as apposed to having a picture of themselves... Right.

I heard something like..

If a peadophile adds a child and has a cartoon as their picture, the child is more likely to accept them due to not knowing it is a 40 year old man...

I think it's a load of sh*t as its just as easy to find a random picture of a young person to do it anyway..

Hmm.. it's not them, so the rumours may well be correct :/
Just cos NSPCC didnt start it doesnt mean its the work of Paedos...

with no evidence to back this up its just bollox, in fact i will start the rumour that its a secret ploy from Aliens taking over the world wanting to turn all humans into cartoons...

yeah thats right, i can start bullshit rumours too

The group asking everyone to change their profile picture to their favourite cartoon character is actually a group of paedophiles. They're doing it because children will accept their friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nothing to do with supporting child violence in any way; it was on a television show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonight's news. Change your profile pictures back.

What i saw on facebook plus many other stasuses similar^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back