Change your avatar scam by paedofiles?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys you are misundertanding, the idea is that if a child saw the person adding them had a cartoon as their pic, they would be more likely to accept the friend request. and it is a rumour.

I think you've made this up XD

even you have a cartoon picture as your avatar :P

Is It MASK by any chance???

Anyhow back on topic, this thread should be closed absolute waste of web space
incredible!
character's name?

that would really impress me

I think you've made this up XD

even you have a cartoon picture as your avatar :P

Several people posted on facebook this;

The group asking everyone to change their profile picture to their favourite cartoon character is actually a group of paedophiles. They're doing it because children will accept their friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nothing to do with supporting child violence in any way; it was on a television show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonight's news. Change your profile pictures back.

This is where my rumour came from, and apparently its been on the news

Guys you are misundertanding, the idea is that if a child saw the person adding them had a cartoon as their pic, they would be more likely to accept the friend request. and it is a rumour.

Theres a simple answer to this. Don't accept a friend request from someone you don't know.

several people posted on facebook this;

the group asking everyone to change their profile picture to their favourite cartoon character is actually a group of paedophiles. They're doing it because children will accept their friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nothing to do with supporting child violence in any way; it was on a television show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonight's news. Change your profile pictures back.

this is where my rumour came from, and apparently its been on the news

doesnt

make

it

true

The "campaign" ends tomorrow anyway, or so it said in the chain statuses.
The "paedophiles" didn't give themselves much time.....

I know, but would the news say it without any sources?

The news believes the Sun, where the rumours allegedly came from I think, as a normal paper. We however know it's full of donkey ****

Theres a simple answer to this. Don't accept a friend request from someone you don't know.

My thoughts summed up.

I'm of the opinion any child old enough to have Facebook and stupid enough to accept a friend request from someone they don't know is asking for it, frankly.

Don't think many people accept people that they don't know and have 0 Mutual friends with tbh :S

I believe this completely!

Just realising that about 70% of my friends are peadofiles....

Several people posted on facebook this;

The group asking everyone to change their profile picture to their favourite cartoon character is actually a group of paedophiles. They're doing it because children will accept their friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nothing to do with supporting child violence in any way; it was on a television show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonight's news. Change your profile pictures back.

This is where my rumour came from, and apparently its been on the news

****. My plan was foiled :@

Whether it is fake or not, it is pointless. How does changing a picture help? How does it show you support them? The real way is to donate and actually campaign, not doing something with very little effort, affecting no one's life.

children are doing it because everyone is doing it so their "target market" so to speak have done it, then they can add children and Boom.. child abuse/cyber bullying.

^ thats what the rumours suggest, thats how it would help paedofiles

Does anyone have any links or something which explains the scam? It's just that none of my mates believe it's just bullcheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back