Change your avatar scam by paedofiles?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, apparently it was on tv somewere..

The NSPCC have said it did not originate from them though.

It's quite funny watching all my facebook friends change their profile pics back. :P

"Hmm.. where on the NSPCC site does it mention about the favourite cartoon characters on your DP?"

Only 2 likes so far, but my mate left this message:

Did u hear da group askin every1 to chnge der profile pic to der favurite cartoon characters is actually a group of pedophiles.They're doing it because kids will accept their friend requests faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nuffin to do with supportin child violence it was on that tv show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonights news., change your profile picforward this message to everyone.

"Hmm.. where on the NSPCC site does it mention about the favourite cartoon characters on your DP?"

Only 2 likes so far, but my mate left this message:

There the messages i've been seeing, cant wait for it to come out true/false though

I swear the level of retardation on this site has gone up near infinitely since FM11 launched. Also it increases awareness of NSPCC, if changing pictures has made even one more person make an actual donation, then mission accomplished. Kids shouldn't be on facebook anyway, and if they are their privacy settings should be ultra-strict (whilst the majority of people should still have it on strict levels anyway).

I swear the level of retardation on this site has gone up near infinitely since FM11 launched. Also it increases awareness of NSPCC, if changing pictures has made even one more person make an actual donation, then mission accomplished. Kids shouldn't be on facebook anyway, and if they are their privacy settings should be ultra-strict (whilst the majority of people should still have it on strict levels anyway).

God mate it's a rumour, dont try and imply im a ****** because i posted this, the NSPCC have said "we appreciate what this has done to show the work we do though it did not originate from us." that itself is suspicious.

No, it's some people saying "The NSPCC is a good cause, let's help it out. Kids like cartoons, that would make sense!"

Plus, many adults are doing this, and it's characters from your Childhood, i.e. the past, when you were a child, not now.

God mate it's a rumour, dont try and imply im a ****** because i posted this, the NSPCC have said "we appreciate what this has done to show the work we do though it did not originate from us." that itself is suspicious.

Other people start such crazes all the time, for example Pokémon pictures, this one has just been a lot more successful. Due to its success people have started spreading stupid rumours which don't even make sense, and then gullible people buy into them and perpetuate them to the level of the initial craze itself. Just because it's a rumour doesn't mean you have to back it to the hilt just because the origin wasn't the NSPCC itself. A child your age (publicly available on your profile) shouldn't be on forums or facebook if you don't have the mental capacity to realise this.

Paedophiles are a lot more cunning than having to rely on pictures of cartoon characters, which actually obscure potential targets.

People have mis understood the OP badly.

It means it is easier for the paedos to be accepted BY children, as they think the person with the Cartoon Character Avatar may also be a child themselves.

Paedophiles are a lot more cunning than having to rely on pictures of cartoon characters, which actually obscure potential targets.

You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Dear lord in heaven, what have we come to? Well, mobs of people who chase paediatricians and the like.

Other people start such crazes all the time, for example Pokémon pictures, this one has just been a lot more successful. Due to its success people have started spreading stupid rumours which don't even make sense, and then gullible people buy into them and perpetuate them to the level of the initial craze itself. Just because it's a rumour doesn't mean you have to back it to the hilt just because the origin wasn't the NSPCC itself. A child your age (publicly available on your profile) shouldn't be on forums or facebook if you don't have the mental capacity to realise this.

Mate, im not stupid, i might be young, but i believe im mature and can handle any discussion just like someone twice my age, and it makes clear sense that it could be a pedofile, on the nspcc facebook page it says it did not originate from them. so were else could it have originated?

Mate, im not stupid, i might be young, but i believe im mature and can handle any discussion just like someone twice my age, and it makes clear sense that it could be a pedofile, on the nspcc facebook page it says it did not originate from them. so were else could it have originated?

People who want to help a good cause?

Human good heavily outweighs serious Human bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back