Change your avatar scam by paedofiles?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The group asking everyone to change their profile picture to their favourite cartoon character is actually a group of paedophiles. They're doing it because children will accept their friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture. It has nothing to do with supporting child violence in any way; it was on a television show that warns you about internet frauds plus tonight's news. Change your profile pictures back.

What i saw on facebook plus many other stasuses similar^
no new friend requests since i changed to cartoon pic two days ago...

scare·mon·ger (skâr
prime.gif
m
ubreve.gif
ng
lprime.gif
g
schwa.gif
r, -m
obreve.gif
ng
lprime.gif
-)n. One who spreads frightening rumors; an alarmist.

anyway i'm not changing my Avatar picture until someone has guessed what cartoon its from

Why would paedophiles come after you if you changed your avatar to a cartoon from your childhood? That info to a pedo is about as useful as a chocolate fireman.

This just reminded of the pedophobe scene from Peep Show. Thanks (K)

Why would paedophiles come after you if you changed your avatar to a cartoon from your childhood? That info to a pedo is about as useful as a chocolate fireman.

The idea is that a child would be more likely to accept if they saw a cartoon

seriously, this is bullcrap, in what way would it help paedophiles by changing your pic to a furry cartoon character. Like, wtf?

anyway i'm not changing my Avatar picture until someone has guessed what cartoon its from

Is It MASK by any chance???

Anyhow back on topic, this thread should be closed absolute waste of web space

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in so long XD

So now it's easier to see who is a child by them having a cartoon picture as apposed to having a picture of themselves... Right.
my thoughts exactly.

OP, you're talking nonsense, this is the kind of ridiculous thing you would hear in the Sun.

just cos it was on tv doesn't mean it's fact you know

Guys you are misundertanding, the idea is that if a child saw the person adding them had a cartoon as their pic, they would be more likely to accept the friend request. and it is a rumour.

this is what i bought up to my mate today, surely it will attract them rather than scare them off?? Also what does is prove and it dosen't help in any way, shape or form.

The idea is that a child would be more likely to accept if they saw a cartoon
it doesnt make any sence...

surely it would make more sense for the paedos to have cartoon pics and the kids to have pics of themselves...

with everyone changing their pics to cartoons, how can the paedos find the kids from the adults??

sure a child would be more likely to accept a request from a cartoon but they wouldn't be more likely to accept a request because their own pic was also a cartoon

no logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back