Chapman7 Manchester United tactic 14.3.0

4-2-4 works great! Had a run with it that resulted in all 11 players selected to the team of the week. :) I'll post a SS when I get home. I haven't tried the 4-2-3-1 yet, but I'll definitely give it a try. (I did change the CF role to a F9 role, which seemed to work well.)

I'm playing a Manchester United save, the year is 2016-17. By the end of the third season I had sold: RVP, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, and Anderson. I bought Shaw, Lamela, Balanta, Thiago, and Pogba (not sure how I landed Pogba, he's brilliant, but Juventus was willing to sell), with Gotoku Sakai as a backup LB/RB (he's been very good). Ferdinand retired with the club, Evra left on a free transfer in summer 2016, Carrick and Vidic will retire at the end of the season--but all have been great tutors for my youngsters. Welbeck and Rooney have been my main strikers, but Gabriel Barbosa was a great young purchase as a backup and has really developed well. Mata/Januzaj as the left inside forward and Kagawa/Lamela as the right winger have been just brilliant, with lots of goals scored and MotM awards.

I'm guessing that United save was one before the January patch came out? With Vidic still at your club as he leaves at the end of the first season on a free. In the summer of 2014 I sold Kagawa to PSG for ?40 million and was my only sale and made a overturn in profits just from that sale. Am selling Buttner for ?7.5 million in January 2015. I have clubs interested in Hernandez, Van Persie, Januzaj, Carrick and Rafael but won't be letting any of them go unless I get a massive offer for each of them.

I would play Balotelli as Poacher personally, Mitrovic would possibly be better as a Target Man. That's all that would really need to change role wise :)

Oh ok mate.... but which formation-tactic shall I use? 442 or 4411? And shall I stick with same tactic home and away? Also how do you think team would work if I changed on one cms to a apm?

I'm guessing that United save was one before the January patch came out? With Vidic still at your club as he leaves at the end of the first season on a free.
Yeah, it was after the Mata update but before Vidic signing with Inter. Disappointing, really, as he's a brilliant tutor and still has a few years to give the club.

Here's my team of the week. I'd just beaten Cardiff 8-0 with your 4-2-4. :)

Oh ok mate.... but which formation-tactic shall I use? 442 or 4411? And shall I stick with same tactic home and away? Also how do you think team would work if I changed on one cms to a apm?

It's entirely up to you, if you preference to play with two strikers then stick to the 4-4-2 one and then for the harder matches could switch to the 4-2-3-1. I sometimes switch to the 4-4-2 for the easier games to get a decent result. It wouldn't make much of a difference just different type of player to play that role with Carrick being a Deep-Lying Playmaker as to why it's set as the Deep-Lying Playmaker.

Yeah, it was after the Mata update but before Vidic signing with Inter. Disappointing, really, as he's a brilliant tutor and still has a few years to give the club.

Here's my team of the week. I'd just beaten Cardiff 8-0 with your 4-2-4. :)

Ah right, even before the Inter deal was confirmed he had a clause on the update with him leaving as on mine he left for Everton but he's doing poorly there so nothing for me to worry about. Luke Shaw cost you an arm and a leg like before the January update unless his price Southampton are willing to sell has gone down on this update? Yeah he's a top tutor but he does start to decline after the first season anyway so I wasn't to concerned for my save after I signed Balanta and he's been quality for partnership with Jones. Sweet result there!!

Luke Shaw cost you an arm and a leg like before the January update unless his price Southampton are willing to sell has gone down on this update?
I started a new save to try your tactics from the beginning. Luke Shaw cost 25m which is expensive, but I got 25m for Cleverley from Monaco so it worked out. Juventus want 120m (!!) for Pogba, so doesn't look like he'll be joining United this save.

How did u play Welbeck & Hern

With Hernandez I played him as the Poacher as why the Poacher role is on the 4-4-2 tactic with Rooney form being below par. So i partnered Hernandez and Van Persie at one point and they combined a lethal partnership after Van Persie's form started inproving.

But second season Hernandez is better in Advanced Forward role and I played Welbeck there in first season too, he did brilliantly there after almost matching Hernandez's goals in the league up until his form dropped and Hernandez won the golden boot in the Premier League

I started a new save to try your tactics from the beginning. Luke Shaw cost 25m which is expensive, but I got 25m for Cleverley from Monaco so it worked out. Juventus want 120m (!!) for Pogba, so doesn't look like he'll be joining United this save.

**** man, should have signed Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfburg who I signed who is probably better than Shaw on the game and is alot cheaper only cost me ?9.5 million and has improved alot in a season and is now my first choice Left Back the ageing Evra.

**** man, should have signed Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfburg who I signed who is probably better than Shaw on the game and is alot cheaper only cost me ?9.5 million and has improved alot in a season and is now my first choice Left Back the ageing Evra.
I'll keep him in mind, I also signed Jonathan Silva from Estudiantes for 4.5m and he has massive potential as a left back. Not developing as quickly as I'd hoped, but might be better than Shaw when all's said and done.

Can this work with any other Lower league teams swell?

I've not tested with any other teams, but could be worth a shot at if your up to try it with s lower league team

I'll keep him in mind, I also signed Jonathan Silva from Estudiantes for 4.5m and he has massive potential as a left back. Not developing as quickly as I'd hoped, but might be better than Shaw when all's said and done.
As you've got Evra, Shaw and Silva might be worth loaning Silva out whilst you have 3 top left backs and Silva won't be getting much improvement if he'd not playing enough.

Best Tactic ever 4-2-3-1

Mister Chapman, your 4-2-3-1 tactic its absolutly amazing. Personally, is the best tactic for this patch! I'm in the fourth season with Sporting CP, and I was making a season where I couldn't find any consistence and balance in my team's performances in all the competitions we were playing. Before using this tactic, my team was in 2nd place in the Portuguese League, four points below the 1st place, and in the Champions League I finished at 2nd place in my group, with the same points of the 3rd, and it was a very easy group. I started using your tactic in January 31, and it's been fantastic. First of all, I won the first 6 matches with this tactic without conceding any goals!! It quickly started to achieve that consistence that any team is looking for. I continued to make very good performances and winning matches. In 26 matches with your 4-2-3-1, we lost 4, drawed 3 and won the rest of them! This tactic allowed me to overtake the previous 1st place, and won the league with 2 points above and won another national competition! Now comes the best part: I made it to the Champions League final, and won in the penalties against Bayern Munchen with a very balanced match which ended the 90mins with a 0-0, and in the extra time, my team made the 1-0 but at the 115 mins they made the 1-1... I was not expecting at all winning UEFA Champions League, because I don't have a Top Team squad like Man Utd's, and it was very tough to make trough the groups. So, I have no doubts that was the 4-2-3-1 tactic the most important factor to have this results with only 4 months using it. I guess we have here a miraclous tactic thanks to the God Chapman! Congratulations, I am very thankful, cheers!

Mister Chapman, your 4-2-3-1 tactic its absolutly amazing. Personally, is the best tactic for this patch! I'm in the fourth season with Sporting CP, and I was making a season where I couldn't find any consistence and balance in my team's performances in all the competitions we were playing. Before using this tactic, my team was in 2nd place in the Portuguese League, four points below the 1st place, and in the Champions League I finished at 2nd place in my group, with the same points of the 3rd, and it was a very easy group. I started using your tactic in January 31, and it's been fantastic. First of all, I won the first 6 matches with this tactic without conceding any goals!! It quickly started to achieve that consistence that any team is looking for. I continued to make very good performances and winning matches. In 26 matches with your 4-2-3-1, we lost 4, drawed 3 and won the rest of them! This tactic allowed me to overtake the previous 1st place, and won the league with 2 points above and won another national competition! Now comes the best part: I made it to the Champions League final, and won in the penalties against Bayern Munchen with a very balanced match which ended the 90mins with a 0-0, and in the extra time, my team made the 1-0 but at the 115 mins they made the 1-1... I was not expecting at all winning UEFA Champions League, because I don't have a Top Team squad like Man Utd's, and it was very tough to make trough the groups. So, I have no doubts that was the 4-2-3-1 tactic the most important factor to have this results with only 4 months using it. I guess we have here a miraclous tactic thanks to the God Chapman! Congratulations, I am very thankful, cheers!

Wow man, that is quite a turn around with form and consistency too. Glad to hear you are having so much success in using my tactic and in only a short amount of time too! Bayern are a very difficult team to beat but I some how beat them as my squad at the time wasn't up to their depth in quality but I beat them in the final, and won the trophy too of course. Thanks for the feed back too!

I can try it mate, any suggestions of teams that I could use?

Depends what league you are thinking of going with really, Championship - you could try Leicester City, Nottingham Forest maybe League One - Sheffield United might suit the 4-2-3-1.

Depends what league you are thinking of going with really, Championship - you could try Leicester City, Nottingham Forest maybe League One - Sheffield United might suit the 4-2-3-1.

I've started a save with Schalke, Thinking of using it with them, Huntelaar upfront with Draxler just behind should be able to work well