Chapman7 Manchester United tactic 14.3.0

I've started a save with Schalke, Thinking of using it with them, Huntelaar upfront with Draxler just behind should be able to work well

Ah right I thought you meant like lower league teams, yeah it should work with Shalke as someone else has had some success with the 4-2-3-1 tactic with them they've posted about it (Y)

Can you help ive done no transfers and they wont score or they lose or draw with late goals do you have any advice

Can you help ive done no transfers and they wont score or they lose or draw with late goals do you have any advice

You'd want to sign a new left back with it being weak with quality there. Show me your team how you set them up to play then I'll help you.

in a 4-2-3-1 do u play with a ball winning midfeilder (def)

in a 4-2-3-1 do u play with a ball winning midfeilder (def)

Sorry for late reply, I played it how I posted it up with a Box-To-Box then if I had to play Jones if Fletcher and Fellaini aren't match fit then change it to Ball-Winning-Midfielder.

Just play around with him, he's hard to find a perfect role for. I think he played better as the Shadow Striker, he won't score all that many unless you go with the tactic with two strikers. Or any decent tactic with two strikers.

I haven't really played FM games, since CM01/02, so I decided to try one after almost 8 years hiatus ( last I played updated 01/02 in like 2005/6 or something). Being United supporter, it was no-brainer which team I would pick, so I tried this tactic, since I don't have the experience, neither the time to dedicate hours into creating and testing my own...

I'm using 4-2-3-1, although I set up first tactics also as one of the 3 which my team will train and get familiar with.

So far, with 'no transfers' in the first transfer window, looks excellent. I only played friendlies, against weaker teams, my strongest opponent being Olympiacos. I won that game 0 : 2, and could have easily been 4 or 5. My goal difference is 40 : 2. As I said all are much weaker teams, but it looks impressive.

I do have a few questions, do you use some player instructions and which one? I usually set up keeper to distribute short to defenders, Januzaj at RW to roam from positions, and Carrick/Giggs at MCR to direct passing. I also put ACM and CF to move into channels, and MCL to close down.

Also, I usually switch to high tempo, and at least against weaker teams it works even better. Do you switch team instructions, and which one do you usually use. It seems to me that higher tempo, and occasionally exploit flanks might be a good idea. Did you, or someone else, tested it with different team instructions, I usually like my teams to play high tempo attacking games and score a lot :)

As I said, I'm not really experienced, and haven't tested in the Premiership yet (but will soon, only 2 more games until start of the season, will report back).

P.S. Thank's so much for the tactics, saves me a lot of time which I don't have, and enables me to again dive into football management world :)

I haven't really played FM games, since CM01/02, so I decided to try one after almost 8 years hiatus ( last I played updated 01/02 in like 2005/6 or something). Being United supporter, it was no-brainer which team I would pick, so I tried this tactic, since I don't have the experience, neither the time to dedicate hours into creating and testing my own...

I'm using 4-2-3-1, although I set up first tactics also as one of the 3 which my team will train and get familiar with.

So far, with 'no transfers' in the first transfer window, looks excellent. I only played friendlies, against weaker teams, my strongest opponent being Olympiacos. I won that game 0 : 2, and could have easily been 4 or 5. My goal difference is 40 : 2. As I said all are much weaker teams, but it looks impressive.

I do have a few questions, do you use some player instructions and which one? I usually set up keeper to distribute short to defenders, Januzaj at RW to roam from positions, and Carrick/Giggs at MCR to direct passing. I also put ACM and CF to move into channels, and MCL to close down.

Also, I usually switch to high tempo, and at least against weaker teams it works even better. Do you switch team instructions, and which one do you usually use. It seems to me that higher tempo, and occasionally exploit flanks might be a good idea. Did you, or someone else, tested it with different team instructions, I usually like my teams to play high tempo attacking games and score a lot :)

As I said, I'm not really experienced, and haven't tested in the Premiership yet (but will soon, only 2 more games until start of the season, will report back).

P.S. Thank's so much for the tactics, saves me a lot of time which I don't have, and enables me to again dive into football management world :)

I haven't given any player instructions no. The way I've set up my team is how I uploaded the tactic. I will be restarting again as a new team possibly but not sure who yet though or I may start again as United again.

View attachment 384233

So, first match of the season. I'm really impressed with result. OK Wigan is certainly not a top notch team, and you expect to win matches like this with Manchester United, but the result was positively shocking to me. Especially the first half, it was 35 minutes of Blitz. On top of it, I got two goals disallowed because Valencia and Rooney were offside.

If anyone is interested, I tweaked a bit with player instructions, both CB are told to "close down more", both complete wing backs to "cross more often". GK set do distribute short and to defenders.

MCL, Box-To-Box is set to fewer risky passes and close down more, while MCR, AdvPlay is set to play more direct.
Center Forward and Shadow Striker to move into channels and ShadowStriker to roam from position.

On the wings, I set for specific players, for Mata and Januzaj to roam from position, while for Nani, Young and Valencia to cross from byline, and for Valencia only also to try more direct.

Far from this being such an event, given the strength of Man Utd players, still felt like sharing, both to thank Chapman7 for this awesome tactic, and to share my experience cause it might give you people even better ideas to improve tactic.

View attachment 580182

So, first match of the season. I'm really impressed with result. OK Wigan is certainly not a top notch team, and you expect to win matches like this with Manchester United, but the result was positively shocking to me. Especially the first half, it was 35 minutes of Blitz. On top of it, I got two goals disallowed because Valencia and Rooney were offside.

If anyone is interested, I tweaked a bit with player instructions, both CB are told to "close down more", both complete wing backs to "cross more often". GK set do distribute short and to defenders.

MCL, Box-To-Box is set to fewer risky passes and close down more, while MCR, AdvPlay is set to play more direct.
Center Forward and Shadow Striker to move into channels and ShadowStriker to roam from position.

On the wings, I set for specific players, for Mata and Januzaj to roam from position, while for Nani, Young and Valencia to cross from byline, and for Valencia only also to try more direct.

Far from this being such an event, given the strength of Man Utd players, still felt like sharing, both to thank Chapman7 for this awesome tactic, and to share my experience cause it might give you people even better ideas to improve tactic.

Thank you for the praise :). Yeah they are one of the strongest in the league with the exception of the Left Back position which I settrengthened which is now one of the strongest ones. I'm thinking of restarting as United and making Giggs my assistant manager like he United's official assistant to Van Gaal after he takes over after the World Cup has finished. I have made some tweaks like that myself just haven't got round to uploading it yet :)

trying it out with liverpool on the 14.3 patch, only change's ive made is gave them 60 mill as thats what they have to spend in real life now, bought koke for 24mill and lallana for 20 mill, will let you no results further on, trying your 4-2-3-1 one

trying it out with liverpool on the 14.3 patch, only change's ive made is gave them 60 mill as thats what they have to spend in real life now, bought koke for 24mill and lallana for 20 mill, will let you no results further on, trying your 4-2-3-1 one

Sweet man, and give us some feedback who it does with Liverpool :)

Hi there,

which link is the correct download? Starting third season now with Man Utd and I thought I might try this out for a change. Do you think Rooney is strong enough to play up top by himself?

Hi, im going to try this tactic...it seems a very good tactic....any advice on training..???

Which tactic did you use for your second season and when will you be uploading it ?
cant wait to try it out.

Hi there,

which link is the correct download? Starting third season now with Man Utd and I thought I might try this out for a change. Do you think Rooney is strong enough to play up top by himself?

Personally no, if you want to play him up front be best of using the 4-4-2 based tactic that is also uploaded. As he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct Van Persie has from when I've played him upfront.

Hi, im going to try this tactic...it seems a very good tactic....any advice on training..???

I use my coaches advice and go from there, but I've signed some of the top coaches since the start of the game, so may want to look into signing better as some aren't that great.

Which tactic did you use for your second season and when will you be uploading it ?
cant wait to try it out.

I used the 4-3-2-1 tactic that's uploaded on the first page, I am going to try a few tweaks during the pre-season and if proves a success I will upload it after the pre-season.

chapman the last pictures you uploaded. which tactic was that?
It's the 4-3-2-1 tactic I've uploaded and can be found on the first page :)