Charlie Adam submits transfer request

Ian Holloway has been fantastic this season, hes doing nothing short of an amazing job, however what ive been reading from him in the last few days has been outrageous, hes constantly in the press talking about Adams and using phrases like "Blackpool OWNS him", "he BELONGS to us" etc, and to be frank I would be ****** off if that was said about me. All that needed to be said is that Adams has a long contract and Blackpool dont want to sell him, where as Holloway's tone and language suggests Adams is a slave and isnt allowed an opinion, im not suprised at all hes put in a transfer request after the way Holloway is talking.
Holoway is doing a superb job, which has drawn him national attention and raised his profile considerably, hes also great entertainment, but he wont keep that position if he alienates his star players with this type of talk, respect works both ways and all the cards are in the players hands in the modern game.

Last edited:
Ian Holloway has been fantastic this season, hes doing nothing short of an amazing job, however what ive been reading from him in the last few days has been outrageous, hes constantly in the press talking about Adams and using phrases like "Blackpool OWNS him", "he BELONGS to us" etc, and to be frank I would be ****** off if that was said about me. All that needed to be said is that Adams has a long contract and Blackpool dont want to sell him, where as Holloway's tone and language suggests Adams is a slave and isnt allowed an opinion, im not suprised at all hes put in a transfer request after the way Holloway is talking.

He doesn't have a long contract though, it's up in 18 months which is why Blackpool are in such a predicament and Adam will get what he wants.

As much as I hate Liverpool he will join them. I reckon he will go for £10 Million or so which will be a good signing for Liverpool.

As much as I hate Liverpool he will join them. I reckon he will go for £10 Million or so which will be a good signing for Liverpool.

I'll be dissapointed if we pay 10 million for him. I'll take him for anything under 6.5.

Reckon he'll go for about £6M tbh.

People saying £7M, and they've offered £4.5 so reckon they'll negotiate to about 6 and settle on the last day of the window.. just for tension.

10 Million is the figure thats apparently talked about...Blackpool would want as much as possible for him so i reckon it will be near 10 or 6-8 upfront with a view to up it to 10 million.

He doesn't have a long contract though, it's up in 18 months which is why Blackpool are in such a predicament and Adam will get what he wants.

Big issue with this one is that Rangers have a 10% sell-on fee due if he moves. Blackpool want that covered and then some and have been trying to get Rangers down to 5% by pointing out that if they keep him til his contract runs out Rangers will get the square root of naff all.

Holloway has a point about not receiving anything like his potential value. But that's the downside to what they've been doing - players on relatively low wages and whose contracts are rapidly running out. They're not going to get the money they want for players, although I have a lot of sympathy for them as they'll lose some key players whether they stay up or not.

Big issue with this one is that Rangers have a 10% sell-on fee due if he moves. Blackpool want that covered and then some and have been trying to get Rangers down to 5% by pointing out that if they keep him til his contract runs out Rangers will get the square root of naff all.

Holloway has a point about not receiving anything like his potential value. But that's the downside to what they've been doing - players on relatively low wages and whose contracts are rapidly running out. They're not going to get the money they want for players, although I have a lot of sympathy for them as they'll lose some key players whether they stay up or not.

Didn't know about the Rangers clause, but still don't think they'll be getting more than £6.5m for him if I'm honest. Holloway knows that if Adam isn't happy at the club, no matter how much he loves it then he won't perform to his best. He showed he still has passion for the club at the weekend when he scored, but then pretty much said farewell to all the fans after the game (although Holloway is saying he'll definitely play tomorrow..) so he's obviously expecting something to happen relatively soon.

Surely they know if they wait until the summer they'll get even less than what they want...

I dont think they should sell him, 7 million is peanuts compared to the amounts they get for being a premier league team, let him stay till his contract expires.

Ian Holloway is the manager, and he has all the right to deny any attempts of Charlie Adam, his club captain and best player, to leave the club. Holloway's ultimate job is to keep Blackpool in EPL, not to do some stupid business like selling his best player in the mid-season and then end up getting relegated. The revenue they could earn by staying 1 more year in EPL is certainly way more than what Liverpool/Villa is willing to pay for Adam. To sell Adam now just because his contract is running out soon to prevent from having to sell him on a cheap is the definition of penny wise pound foolish.

Look at Burnley last season, they were a breath of fresh air in the EPL as well. What happened to them? They lost the main reason they had been playing good (Owen Coyle) and ended up getting relegated. Although Owen Coyle is the manager and Adam isn't, but you can tell how important Adam is to Blackpool. He is their captain, their playmaker, their best player and the way they play is built around Adam. I'm pretty sure Holloway would be devastated as well if Adam ends up leaving the club with a cheap price. Now tell me, who can Holloway replace Adam with 4m?

Just because a big club wants to buy a player doesn't means that the manager of that player have to give in. You can say that Man Utd do the same all the time, but at least we had always paid the amount the club deserve (sometimes even more than what they deserve). I had never saw Man Utd making a cheeky bid just to unsettle the best player of a small club.

You don't have to leave your club to progress your career either. Matt Le Tissier stayed in Southampton his whole life and is an absolute football legend (Xavi's idol as well).

I think he should wait to summer if he keeps Blackpool up and keeps playing well, He Is guranteed a bigger wage and Blackpool a Bigger fee

I wish Arsenal would get hi.... wait, our midfield is 10x better than any other in the league XD

I think he's worth around 7m, idk if they will get that though because of the contract and all this fiasco

I dont know where to put this, as this is related to Blackpool, i will post it here.

Fergie on Holloway..Fergie’s business with Holloway, who managed to snap up Cathcart for a fee believed to be around £350,000, left the Reds manager in tears!

“He (Holloway) bends your ****** ear on the phone. He’s never got a penny, always pleading poverty. You end up crying after he comes off the phone.

“He feels sorry for himself. He has always been that way, wanting loans and things like that.

“Even when we were dealing with Cathcart, he would say he couldn’t afford him.

“Now, he says he is the best signing he’s ever made.”

Despite Holloway’s irritating phone technique, he has transformed Blackpool and Fergie believes he should be honoured for his achievements.

“No doubt the manager of the year so far is Ian Holloway,” Fergie added

I wish Arsenal would get hi.... wait, our midfield is 10x better than any other in the league XD

I think he's worth around 7m, idk if they will get that though because of the contract and all this fiasco

its will work, but we have a players that can play like him

hey, why not trade charlie with denison or diably :) seems fair

i personally eel sorry for holloway,he has done a great job at blackpool this season and the main driving force behind the great results. and now bigger clubs(knowing exactly what they are doing) offer 3.5 million to try and pinch him. i believe holloway i right to reject the bids but i think his valuation of him (12 million?) is far from realistic, i would put adam at around 6 million

What a player, he had a great game tonight, would maybe do him good to stay till end of the season and see if you can become aa hero and keep them up then maybe move on.