Chapter 16
"We are heading into the last minuet. Still 0-0 and extra time looks the most realistic outcome of this champions league final. One last attack for Chelsea now! Drogba, to Niang, Niang runs through the defense! He's one on one! Niang for Chelsea! GOOOOAAAAALLLL!! The 16 year old has won the Champions League for Chelsea! The crowd are chanting the managers name! Steven Stuart will go down in history as the manager who won the Chelsea there first Champions League! What do you have to say Steven? ... Steven? STEVEN!"

My eye flickered open, then slammed shut again due to the bright light. I could hear a beeping noise, like a life machine. Where was I? Slowly i opened my eyes again, and looked around the room. I was in hospital. I saw a familiar face, it was Abramovic, and next to him was the assistant manager Holland. To my left was someone who instantly made me feel better. Alice was standing right next to my bed, with my hand in hers. What the **** had happend? I was about to find out.

"Steven! your awake! are you okay? i came to meet you at 8 and you was lying on he floor! What happend?"
"Alice? I'm sorry! I missed are date. I can't remember anything. Wait. I remember seeing two men, they had bats and balaclavas. How bad am i hurt?"
With that a doctor entered, right on schedule.
"You have a broken Leg, and a lot of bruising to your ribs. You are lucky to be alive Mr Stuart."
"What day is it? Where is the team? Have we played any games yet?"
Abramovic cut in. "No Steven, We are playing Zenit tomorrow but Holland will take care of that game. All the players are worried about you, and want to play well for you. You stay in hospital and get some rest. I no you will want to be back for the United game next week."

He was right, i needed to be at that game, so i asked everyone to leave so i could get some rest. I watched the game against Zenit on TV, which made me remember the good old days, before i was a manager when watching on TV was the best way to see my team play. I hadn't thought about how lucky i was to be managing my childhood team, I had been to caught up in the football. I made a promise to myself that I would lead them to glory, and make the dream i had while in a coma come true. I wanted that Champions League.

Chapter 17
The game against Zenit made me smile, as not only did we get a fantastic 5-0 win that made us through to the knockout stages, but Niang got a hat trick and Hamsik and Malouda got one each. The thing that made me smile most was the fact every player had an undershirt saying "Get well Steven!" on it, which was revealed every time someone scored. I finally felt like i was winning the team over.

I was back for the United game thankfully, although i was on crutches due to my broken leg. I gave my team talk and got the players really pumped up. This was a must win game for us, but i still feared the fact are best strikers where out, even though Niang was on fine form. The game started evenly. We was favorites so i had high hopes of winning my first game against a top 4 in the Premier League. It was not to be however, as Vidic powered home a header just after the 30 minuet mark to give United the lead. I sent Holland out to the technical area to give out orders, as i could not walk properly, let along dive out of my chair every 5 minuets.

The second half was frustrating, we took hold of the game and were creating many chances. Like in every game against a big side, we could not take are chances, and we lost 1-0. I could not be too harsh on the lads, but i had a word with Holland and we agreed to give the midfield and strikers finishing practice to try and make us get the goals in these big games. Since i came out of hospital i had been staying with Alice (on the sofa unfortunately) and after the United game me and Alice stayed up all night talking. I told her about my ex girlfriend and she told me the same sort of thing happend to her and her boyfriend. We shared a kiss, and stayed in the same bed (but we did not have ***!) I knew i was falling in love with her. For once i had something to think about other then football.

Chapter 18
We came out as 3-0 winners against Stoke, with Terry scoring 2 thumping headers and Hamsik grabbed one goal. That night, i got back to Alice's and picked up "The Sun" newspaper and turned to the back page, only to be greeted by 4 words that made my stomach roll.
"Stuart close to sack" Screamed the headline. I was furious. after reading through the article, i phoned Abramovic to demand awnsers.
"Hello Steven, how are you feeling? Your leg any better?"
"No, i'm not alright, why does it say in the back of "The Sun" that i'm close to being sacked!"
"......"
"Well?!"
"I honestly do not no. Your job situation is stable at the moment. If we had any problems with your management you would no before the press i assure you"
"So my job is safe?"
"Providing you don't majorly balls up the remainder of the season yes."
"Okay, i just wanted to make sure."
"I understand, it must be very stressful for you at the moment, but if you want my advice, never listen to newspapers. They are full of more **** then David Cameron, If we had any problems we would consult you, just focus on bringing the club to glory and we will have no problems."
"Okay, thank you Roman"
"Get well soon Steve."

Thank **** for that, my job was safe ... for now anyway. Dortmund was next, and although i was already through, i wanted a good result too silence critics. I got the result and we ran out 2-0 winners with Mata and Terry both grabbing the goals. If we beat Millan then we would have one all are games in Europe, and would be one huge step closer to lifting the Champions League. Blackburn was up afterwards, and are great run of wins continued as we eased to a 4-1 victory, with Drogba, Cahil, Meireles and Ramires getting a goal each. So, November was a good month for us, and i was hoping that we could keep this run of wins into December, as we had two hard games to start the month off. Arsenal and Milan away.

Chapter 19
December started the way December normally starts. Freezing cold. The lads where finding it hard to train in such cold conditions and the pitch had iced over, but i could not let them stop. We would be facing Arsenal at the Emirates in just a few days time and i could not risk the boys only playing half decent. They needed to be sharp so that Arsene Wenger didn't come out smiling.

On the big day the weather still hadn't changed.
"On the day where London breaks apart for the derby game of Arsenal and Chelsea, we witness the coldest day of the year! So if you are going to the game make sure you wrap up warm, cause it's going to be cold"
I flicked off the weatherman and slumped in my chair. Could we cope with the cold conditions?
I made my way down to the stadium to greet the lads, the one big boost was that Drogba, Sturridge and Torres were all fit. The game starts in just under an hour and i could tell it was going to be tense.

"The ball is in midfield with Arteta, who plays a "one-two" with Van Persie. Persie has made a great run and Arteta has found him! Van Persie! GOAL!, 1-0 Arsenal"
My heart sank. Why was it that we play so good against smaller teams, but bollocks up against these teams. Are only chance that half was Mata hitting the crossbar. This was not going to be are day!

The halftime whistle was like a god send. I needed to get the lads in and try and get to the bottom of this.
"Lads, for ***** sake what is the problem? United. City. Liverpool. Why can't you get a win from any of them?! Now your letting a team with a frog in charge beat you! What's going on? Sturridge and Torres your on, along with you Meleries for Hamsik. Drogba, you disappointed me mate! you had two big chances and you fluffed them. Come on lads! Lets do this for the fans and prove why we are the mighty! Chelsea FC!"

As the second half started i had adrenaline running through my body, as did the players i hoped. We needed at least a point, a loss was not good enough. Time was running out and it got too the 83rd minuet and i started too lose faith. Until.
"Van Persie loses the ball to Terry, who hits it long towards Mata. Lovely flick towards Torres who quickly returns to Mata. Mata through Sturridge who shoots! SCORES! What a strike from Daniel Sturridge! Into the bottom corner from 20 yards! Chelsea have pulled it back level!"
I shot out of my chair on my crushes and started waving one of the crutches in the air. A point was better then nothing.

Chapter 20
I sat up that night pondering. What was going wrong? why was we going on such a bad run? We was a **** position in the league, and i knew i needed at least 4th. It was 4am when i finally finished. In front of me laid 30 sheets of paper, all containing new tactics. I went with a 4-2-2-2 with two wingers, but the problem being i didn't have a natural right winger. I knew Sturridge could play there but i needed him up front. I texted my scout saying "good winger. Cheap. Good. Now." By the afternoon i had my new winger.

A.C Milan was a game i was not really too fussed about, and took the opportunism to give my youngsters a run out, and it showed. We was played off the park by Milan and was lucky to only lose by 2. I had expected this though, at the San Siro and Milan needed a win to go through. After the game i got a phone call from Real Madrid.

"Hello, is this Steven Stuart? Manager of Chelsea?!
"Depends who is asking."
"This is Mourinho, from Madrid, you must know me, i am a legend and the greatest manager to ever live."
"Oh, Hello Mourinho! Wow! Is this actually you? Your my icon! I can't believe I'm talking too you! What can i do for you."
"Well, i heard you was interested in signing are right winger. Jose Callejon?"
"Well, yes, i need a right winger badly."
"Well, since it is too a club i adore, i will sell him for a reasonable price. Shall we say, £7 Million?"
"Yes that is perfect!"
"Okay, i will get him to have his agent be in touch to discuss contract demands."
"Okay. Thank you Mr Mourinho."
"Goodbye Steven."

Looks like i just got myself a Winger. Over the next few games i tested out my new tactic, and was forced to play Sturidge in right wing. The results were good, and we dominated every single game, however i was disappointed in how bad the finishing was. We only managed a 1-0 win over Wigan with Niang coming on as a substitute and scoring. We only managed a poor 0-0 draw with Everton, even though they was on 10 men, we just could not break them down. Then we recorded a 4-2 win in the League cup over Fulham, which was excellent and meant we was favorites for the cup, with only Reading, West Ham and Birmingham left in the cup with us. Niang and Cahil got one, while Sturidge bagged two. The last two games of December against Sunderland and Wolves were the same story, Dominated but only managed 1-0 wins, with Sturidge getting the goals in both games. Lets hope we can have better finishing in 2012. Up first, City, and we was thirst for revenge.

Chapter 21
Revenge is one thing. Luck is another.
"Terry has the ball in defense. he plays a ball to Cole. Oh no! It's a really poor one! Tevez pounces on it! He must score! He does! 1-0 City! 5 Minuets gone. What a bad start for John Terry and a bad start for Chelsea. The curse of the top 4 looks to strike again."
After dominating for the rest of the game, would could not ****** an equalizer, and me and the team where left shaking are heads on why we was missing so many chances. Every tactic i threw in, no matter how detailed or clever they may be just could not see us scoring are chances. The extra finishing training didn't seem to be working either. I prayed are drought would be over fast, cause i could feel Abramovics axe being prepared for my execution.

Wigan in the Fa Cup was next. I opted to field a lot of my reserves, and they ended up teaching the first team a lesson. A 3-1 win with Malouda and are new winger Callejon got his first goal for the club. High flying Niang added another in the 90th minuet after coming on as a substitute. The big cup game was next, even if it was against Championship side Reading. They had knocked out Liverpool to get here and i knew they would give it 110%. We rode are luck. Big time. They had a 2-0 lead just after half time, and if it was not for them gifting us 2 own goals, we would of been left red faced. Still, 2 away goals for the second leg at Stamford Bridge should see us through. I hoped at least.

QPR was a game where once again, are poor finishing showed. Again we dominated, but was left fustrated when the final whistle went with the scores at 0-0. I thought i needed to rally the lads, as morale was really low. I called everyone together during training. Something had to be said.

"Lads, come round. I want a word. Now, you know as well as i do we have been playing **** lately. We may be 5th, which is a respectable position... For Liverpool or Arsenal, but i know that this club should 1st, maybe 2nd on a bad season. So what i want to know, is why you are all playing with no passion! This is not the Chelsea i remember watching a few seasons ago. Not the Chelsea that i saw as a kid. The Chelsea that played 110% every single game, no matter who they played or how bad the scoreline was. Do you even want to wear that shirt? Cause if you don't want to give it your all in every single game then i don't want you in my team. Now lets make Chelsea FC the greatest club in not just England, but the world! Are you with me lads?!"

A roar of cheers came from the players, and blue is the color was being belted out by a few of the more senior lads. I hoped and prayed this would help. We done something we had not done in a long time in the Premier League, we scored two goals! We also looked a lot more deadly going forward and was unlucky not to score more. Malouda and Callejon got both the goals, and i had a feeling i had uncovered a gem in the shape of are new winger, who had got 2 goals in 3 games, and a few assists to back it up. His fine form continued into the Reading game, where we just needed a win. We did, and got 3 goals in the process, with Callejon getting yet another goal, along with Sturidge and Ashley Cole got his first goal of the season. Things where actually starting to look up for us. We was in the final of the League cup!

That night, to celebrate getting into the final, me, Alice and a few of the players went out to celebrate. After a night of heavy dancing, and the night was coming to an end, there was an announcement from the DJ
"Ladies and Gentlemen, i have a request from a man whom in which i adore a lot, even if he does not know me. Would a Mr Steven Stuart please come to the dance floor, you know what to do son."
This was my que, i took Alice by the hand and led her onto the dance floor and we danced to her favorite song, and just as it was coming to a end, i dropped down to one knee, and produced a little box. Alice's jaw dropped as soon as she saw it, followed by a huge grin.
"Alice, will you marry me?"
"Wha?.. Umm... Well... Yes! Of course! Yes! Oh my God!"
A roar of applause came from around the club. I was engaged.
The final game of the month was are Fa Cup game against Bristol City, although it was a poor performance, but we still scraped a 1-0 win with Romeu getting a last minuet goal. So after a bad start to the month, we picked back up form, getting into the League cup final, and picking up 9 points from a possible 13. Lets hope we get maximum out of February.

Chapter 22
February turned out to be the best month in my whole time at Chelsea. After are poor performance against Bristol City at the end of January, and my new engagement being announced around the squad, the lads were really eager to bounce back and make me proud. They did just that against Norwich picking up a 2-0, with my high flying striker Niang getting a goal, along with my Fa Cup savior Romeu getting the other. I knew this was a vital result. If we had lost, morale would have been low and we needed good morale for are next game against the league leaders Tottenham. After losing out 1-0 in the game at White Heart Lane i was eager to get one over are London rivals.

Hamsik makes a great ball to Niang, who lays it off to Lampard, but he is fouled by King. This is a great chance this you know, 25 yards out, I have seen Srna score them from this distance, and it is that man who lines up the free kick. It's 0-0, 65 minuets gone. Snra for Chelsea... SCORES! What a beauty! Top right hand corner! Gomes had no chance! 1-0 Chelsea due to a fantastic free kick from the world class right back"
I was Delighted! We held on for a vital 1-0, but it could of so easily been more, with Gomes making some fantastic saves. We was 5th in the Premier League, and only 2 points behind Liverpool in 4th, although we had a game in hand, which was up next against Fulham. If we won, we would march into 4th, and i was not prepared to blow it.

I jumped out of my chair with delight, and hobbled over to my technical area as Niang fired in his second of the night. 3-0 shone from the scoreboard, and we had stormed into 4th place. I was delighted with the win over Fulham, and even more happy that Torres grabbed a goal too, rounding off a great victory against are rivals. Cech had also made it 486 minuets without conceding. Unfortunately, it come to an end in are disappointing 2-2 draw against Bolton, although credit to the boys, we did come back from behind twice, with Torres finally starting to refind the net as he grabbed one, along with an own goal from Jaaskelenain. I was hoping that the result would just be a one off, and not send us on another bad streak. With that we took a break from the premier League, with are next 3 fixtures all being cup games, with a Fa Cup 5th round tie with Fulham, are 1st Leg of the Champions League battle with CSKA Moscow and are League Cup final against West Ham. Although I had a wedding to plan.

Great writing! I just read through it and it's very interesting. Keep it up!

Chapter 23
"Niang and Sturidge, can i have a word please?"
The two strikers followed me into my office with a puzzled look on there faces.
"So lads, you have been playing in the first team for the majority of the season, mainly because you have been playing good and consistent football. I fully believe that you are the best strikers at the club at this present time, and i do not expect you to change this. You will continue to play most games as long as you prove you can, as i know Drogba and Torres are itching to take your places. Keep up the good work lads."

The players had a great smile on there face and looked confident. They needed to be, with big games coming up, i needed them to be on top form to keep us in all the competitions coming up. The Fa cup was just 2 days away.

"Niang turns his marker! Shoots! Four! Chelsea take a 4-0 lead just before half time, and Niang has added his second!"
Result. This was just what we needed. I knew having a word with the two strikers would pay off, and the did not disappoint. Sturidge scoring in the 15th minuet, Niang bagging two and David Luiz struck a bullet header in on 30 minuets. As long as we did the same against CSKA Moscow at there ground on Wedensday we would stand a great chance of progressing. Away goals where vital.

We got two. A very Impressive display, as Niang and Callejon scored within 5 minuets of eachover, giving us very valuable away goals for the game at Stamford Bridge in a few weeks time. I couldn't help but think of how good of a purchase i got with Niang. £8.5 million pounds worth of pure class! I knew one day he would be one of the greatest players in the world, and i knew i would be known for uncovering him. If he keeps up this form however, I'm scared in the summer transfer window, he is going to be hard to keep. Enough of worrying about the end of the season, i had bigger worries. My first cup final was just a week away, and i was ******** myself.

7am. Clear skies. 29 degrees. Perfect day for a final. The thing i loved about Alice's apartment is that i could see Wembley from her bedroom window, and even better, i could feel the atmosphere building. The game was a 3:00 kick off, so i told the lads to meet me at Wembley for 12, to go through last minuet plans and training. I jumped in the shower and got ready, and just as i was about to walk out the door, Alice called me.
"Steven, come here, we need to talk."
"Ugh! Babe! I have a cup final in a few hours, can't it wait?"
"Fine, go, your football is obviously more important."
I could tell in her voice she was ****** off, but i could not miss this cup final, this was the biggest day of my life (although is Alice asks, meeting her was). I made my way down to Wembley to be greeted by the players and staff.
"Big game lads, against are rivals! Lets smash these ******* 'ammers and bring home the cup!"
A roar came from the players, as they run off onto the grass to begin warm up. Kick off was just a few hours away,

"Hello! and welcome to the League Cup Final! Live! here at Wembley sponsored by Budweiser." Roared the commentator. The stadium, was packed! and we won the toss, and decided to kick off. Was i just 90 minuets away from winning my first cup at Chelsea? I got my answer soon enough as Frank Lampard was bundled over in the area by a West Ham defender. Penalty! a sharp whistle was heard, and the ref pointed at the spot! 5 minuets gone, and Lampard had the chance to put us up. My only worry was that Lampards form was in tatters lately, along with his morale. Could he put one hand on the cup for the club he loves against the club who made his name known? Of course he could! Top corner! 1-0 in 5 minuets! Then, Lampard sparked into life! Grabbing his second goal in the 29th minuet with one of his trademark runs into the box, followed by a great finish. 2-0 within half hour! surely the cup was ares!

At half time i got the lads in, and warned them of complacency, along with telling them how proud i am of them. I prayed we would not slip up and gift West Ham a way back into the game. Instead, Malouda secured my first every cup by blasting a rocket from distance into the corner! 3-0! The players all sprinted over to me and we celebrated together. It was a great moment. The final whistle went and a sea of blue flags swept around the stadium, followed by "Blue is the Color" being sung by every blue fan in the ground. Let the Celebrations begin.

Hey guys, sorry, i wont be updating for about a week, as my mum has been taken into hospital so i wont have time to update, let alone be in the right mind frame. Will try and get an update in when i have some time. Sorry, i promise the next update will be well worth waiting for!

Chapter 24
My mum had always been a drinker. In the last 5 years it took a turn for the worst as she hit a all new low. I used to come home to find her passed out on the bed with an empty bottle of vodka sleeping on the pillow next to her. It finally caught up with her as she was taken into hospital with critical liver failure. I caught the phone call after the game and rushed straight to the hospital.
"It's bad news i'm afraid, your mum has a very bad liver failure due to excessive alcohol consumption"
"Is there a chance she will make it?"
"A very small one"
My world came crashing down, i walked into the small hospital ward and stood over her, with a tear making it's way down my cheek. On the bedside table was a few "Get Well Soon" cards. I hoped she would. Get well soon mum. What would i do without you?

Sorry the last post was not really about the story, but i just wanted to dedicate the post to my mum, who is currently in hospital with severe liver damage. I will get back to the story in my next update which i shall be starting soon.

Chapter 25
They say too much of a good thing can be bad. This was brought into effect against Newcastle where we just was not switched on, and only managed a 0-0,. They was suffering from the celebrations of are League cup win. Never mind though, I knew that the Premier League was probably out of are sight. My goals were now set on only two cups. Fa and the Champions League.

With Liverpool next up, i knew we would have a tough game, and a loss would ensure that we would be too far behind to win the Premier League, however, 18 minuets in, Callejon scored a great goal from an angle. Hope filled all Chelsea fans hearts, and 3 points looked even more secure when Sturidge popped up with a goal in 43 minuets. Every thing was looking good, until Romeu, who had been so good for us while Cahil and Luiz was injured got sent off for a two footed challenge. I shot into my technical area and screamed at the lads to park the bus and hold on for a 2-0 win. The final whistle went and i was relieved, we had held on superbly and got a massive 3 points and pushed are selves into 4th. Aston Villa away next though, and i thought that would be a real tough game.

"Niang receives the ball from deep, lays a "one-two" with Lampard and shoots! GOAL! Niangs 3rd! Chelsea's 7th! What a great performance for Chelsea today."
The best performance i have seen from the lads, and we destroyed Villa 7-0, with Niang getting yet another hat-trick, Sturidge got 2, Lampard scored a scorcher and Callejon again proved why he was an absolute bargain by scoring yet another goal. This was just the performance we needed for the game against CSKA Moscow in a few days time. With a 2-1 lead to play on, i felt confident, but this is Football. Anything can happen.

Stamford Bridge was packed. Every seat filled with a Moscow or Chelsea fan. After promising the Chelsea faithfuls i would do so well in this tournament, i did not want to disappoint. My nerves were settled when Gary Cahil scored a great header from are first corner after 5 minuets, putting up 3-1 on aggregate, and 2 away goals to boast. Things got even better when we won a penalty 4 minuets later, which Lampard confidently converted. 4-1 on aggregate! Surely we are through! Callejon added yet another goal to his tally after 15 minuets, scoring from the rebound of a missed Lampard penalty, and it looked like this game could become a cricket scoreline. CSKA rescued some dignity and pulled a goal back after 28 minuets, but Cahil slapped them back down with another bullet header in the 38th minuet. CSKA scored another just before half time, making it a very entertaining game for all the people watching. The only goal in the second half was from Frank Lampard, who has finally found his shooting boots and was starting to re-find the net. 5-1 on the night and 7-3 on aggregate meant we was into the Quarter-Finals, lets hope the draw would be kind to us once again.
"Manchester United vs Bayern Leverkusen."
"Chelsea vs Inter Milan"
"FC Bayern vs Lyon"
"Barcelona vs Manchester City"
****. Inter are a great side, and it would be really hard to beat them, and to make matters worse, the Semi-Final draw was not too much kinder.
"Manchester United or Bayern Leverkusen vs FC Bayern or Lyon"
"Chelsea or Inter Milan vs Barcelona or Manchester City"
The dream of winning the Champions League was starting to look harder then i thought.

Chapter 26
After the champions league draw, i realized that we did not really have a hope in ****'s chance, so my thoughts turned to the Fa Cup. Luckily, the draw had been kinder to us in this case, and we had Burnley in just a few days time. Burnley however, could not be underestimated. Jay Rodriguez was the competitions top scorer, and had to be watched. A day before the game I took Alice out for a meal, she desperately needed to talk too me, so this was the perfect time.
"Steven, we really need to talk"
"What is it? Has someone died?"
"No, well, not yet, depends if you shut up and listen or not!"
"..."
"I have been given a promotion at the company i work, i have been working towards this for 6 years! I have always dreamed of being head Chef at a restaurant and now i am!"
"That's Brilliant! Well done babe! This calls for celebration!"
"Wait. Let me finish. I have been given a promotion as a head chef... for a restaurant in Scotland."
"SCOTLAND?! That's ****** miles away! Well, i'm sure you will another offer somewhere closer to home ay"
"No, i wont. I have accepted the offer. I am due to be in Scotland next week."
I could not believe what i was hearing. I stood up, stormed out the restaurant and went down the pub. I needed to get ******.

Burnley came and went, picking up a 3-1 win with Cahil, Drogba and Torres all getting a goal. Then West Brom, and the cracks started to show, my bad moods was spreading around the club, and the teams morale started to drop, and we only managed a 2-2 draw, with Drogba and Torres both getting a goal, only form West Brom to pull it back level and steal a point. This would not be good enough for the game against United in a weeks time, and after that was Inter Milan. I just knew this was going to be a real bad few weeks.

Sorry I haven't commented in a while mate, great story!! Keep going with it, its great. Hope your mum's okay too pal

I cannot continue this story anymore because even though i ended up winning the Fa Cup and the League cup, and i finished 4th, it was not good enough for the board so i somehow got sacked. Sorry everyone, and thanks for following my story :) I might do another story in the coming weeks.