Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
with or without Torres, LFC will still continue, no player is bigger than the club... one thing u cannot take away from LFC is its passionate fans, its history and culture

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

He had 3 seasons of rampant goalscoring for Ajax, 81 goals in 108 games, and 16 goals in 38 for Uruguay. A long period of goalscoring, no? I'd say he needs to prove himself in a bigger league though, and I'll be pleased if the deal goes ahead.

he certainly needs to prove himself in a bigger league, sure Dutch league is a good competitive league and all but no its not the EPL is it, like for example he has a better record of goals than Drogba or Rooney but u wont rate either of them lower than Suarez

As far as I am concerned only a player who proves himself in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A and to a certain extent the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 can be called world-class as this are the only league's remaining which have some quality players and good opposition

He isnt world class . Kezman did near enough the same and well... yeah. Potential to be world class? certainly, but he isnt there yet

Yeah so did van Nistelrooy, what's your point.

Still Wouldnt class him as World Class....? Would you..? I think he for sure has the potential, just not yet there,

No, I wouldn't. He has had more than 1 good season though, he just hasn't proved himself in a good enough league to call him world class.

One stepped up and made himself world class, kezman didnt. thats my point. nistelrooy wasnt considered world class then

Pretty sure he was, hence why United paid £20ish million for him..

Compare that to the transfer fee of Kezman.. Not exactly mind blowing.

they bought into his Potential to be world class, in the same way liverpool are with this transfer...>

they bought into his Potential to be world class, in the same way liverpool are with this transfer...>

If that's the case then why are you comparing him to Kezman......

We paid top dollar for a very good player on the way up, with potential to be world class. And he stepped up. Liverpool have done the same, whether Suarez steps up is the question (personally i think he will and im actually incredibly excited to see him play), but he isnt there yet, much like Ruud wasnt then

Chelsea paid 5.3 million for Kezman though. Not 20+.

Still had a similar record in Holland...? All 3 scored goals for fun and have the ability to score goals for fun in england, just his record in holland doesnt mean he will score in england, just like Kezmans didnt.

What's the point to purchase Torres? I mean, he is an excellent player but isn't in his best fit for a long time.
Besides he's facing a lot of injuries in the last 2 years.
I think that if Chelsea wants to renew you squad (as we know, damm older) he could attempt for other options Like Edinson Cavani or Alexandre Pato for Drogba's position because he wouldn't be playing well next season due to their age and limitations... actually he isn't playing well right now so Drogba's Era has just passed away.
Chelsea has a great midfield but Lampard and Malouda need to be replaced in about one or two seasons and in this case Marek Hamsik, João Moutinho, Steven Defour, Javier Pastore and Paulo Henrique Ganso are great players for the team.
And it's very clear also that Chelsea need a decent defender, because Alex and Jeffrey Bruma... brrrgg... for God's sake....
I can't undesrtand how they could loose David Luiz.

Drogba's position because he wouldn't be playing well next season due to their age and limitations... actually he isn't playing well right now so Drogba's Era has just passed away.

It's difficult to play your best when you're recovering from malaria.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Still had a similar record in Holland...? All 3 scored goals for fun and have the ability to score goals for fun in england, just his record in holland doesnt mean he will score in england, just like Kezmans didnt.

As you can see by the price tag though, Kezman was more of a gamble than an investment. If Kezman was really believed to have had the potential to be world class he'd have went for four times the price he did, like Ruud did and Suarez is.

It's difficult to play your best when you're recovering from malaria.

Come on, Drogba had malarya in October/November and the medical deppartment gave him green light to play in December.
So this isn't the problem.
I remember Carlos Gamarra playing with arm in a sling in a world cup and at the end he was appointed as the best defender in that competition.

(Man City are set to blow Chelsea out of the water with a megabucks bid for star striker Fernando Torres.

TFOAR has learned from it's sources that the LFC board last night recieved a player plus cash offer from City that is just too good to be refused.

While we have yet to recieve full details of this offer, our source claims that the deal would effectively value Torres at £75m.

Details of bid

£40mil up-front

Carlos Tevez

Option on Shaun Wright Philips
)

Not beleivin a word of it though

If City bid, I want at least £40m+ Adam Johnson.

THANKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

(Man City are set to blow Chelsea out of the water with a megabucks bid for star striker Fernando Torres.

TFOAR has learned from it's sources that the LFC board last night recieved a player plus cash offer from City that is just too good to be refused.

While we have yet to recieve full details of this offer, our source claims that the deal would effectively value Torres at £75m.

Details of bid

£40mil up-front

Carlos Tevez

)

Lol, where's that from

Details of bid

£40mil up-front

Carlos Tevez

)

LMAO, I'd bite their hand of at Tevez but I'm sure there is a 99.99999999999999% chance of this never happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back