Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seen this on one of liverpool forums

I got a email from a business colleague earlier who is a life long Chelsea fan (yes, even before Roman).

He was actually a close friend of Matthew Harding.

He reckons there is every chance that Anchelotti will resign if the Torres deal goes through. Apparently not happy about players being bought for him when he wanted to improve the defence in this window. Livid was the word he used.

He also stated that Fernando would be a great signing, but thinks Anchelotti is right, its not up front they need to buy.
Lol dont be silly

What has Torres seen at Liverpool, to make him put in a transfer request from the club he has always wanted to play for and if rumours are true he even has a tattoo.

My guess GREED as usual same as any modern player even at United it happens no loyalty.
Chelsea for me need more than a Torres as a lot of there senior players are well past 30, and will Russian be willing to put more money into the squad, with Russia winning the world cup, I am sure he will have a lot to do with Russia and making sure it is a success

to be honest i cant see Ancelotti resigning. He worked at Milan for 8 years where he had no say in transfers and staff. I think its one of the reasons Roman hired him.

At the moment all this Torres stuff is guess work until we hear an official statement from someone at Liverpool or Torres. I still dont think it will happen and i said this from day one.

I cant go back,the site freezes.I could only read something about his agent.

Basically the transfer request mas made ealier last week becasue torres felt promises were no being met. Then we signed suarez and torres saw ambition and a reason to say but his agent handed in the transfer request anyway... now it got into the media and people are turning on torres... rumours torres is sacking his agent and commiting himself to liverpool

but this is just one of the many rumours on the situation

KOPWATCH Kopwatch
Time will show what will happen. Clearly Torres does not get on with a few players and word is Diouf hate's that person well.

sounds like Carragher

KOPWATCH Kopwatch
Time will show what will happen. Clearly Torres does not get on with a few players and word is Diouf hate's that person well.

sounds like Carragher

now i can guarantee that is rumours tryin to spread **** and cause problems within the squad

He stays = bollocking off the crowd on Wednesday, with most fans hating him.
He leaves = think Michael Owen 2.0

He stays = bollocking off the crowd on Wednesday, with most fans hating him.
He leaves = think Michael Owen 2.0

He stays = Hyprocrites come and and maybe hate him for abit before he scores and love him again
He leaves = he'll actually win something in his career with a better team

Sorry harsh reality needed for all liverpool fans who think we can compete anymore

I'd sooner have £50 mil up front for Torres from Chelski - never thought I'd actually end up saying that. Don't want Anelka as a makeweight: he's 31 & only got one good season left in him. I'd use what we have in the striking department & get a class forward in this summer when the transfer market isn't so insane.

What a total bummer.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

He stays = Hyprocrites come and and maybe hate him for abit before he scores and love him again

Sorry harsh reality needed for all liverpool fans who think we can compete anymore

We don't want reality at the mo - it's a far too unatractive concept .

I'd sooner have £50 mil up front for Torres from Chelski - never thought I'd actually end up saying that. Don't want Anelka as a makeweight: he's 31 & only got one good season left in him. I'd use what we have in the striking department & get a class forward in this summer when the transfer market isn't so insane.

What a total bummer.

Lose torres were ******.. were just starting to get back on our feet.. everyone is saying get a world class player with the money but i say again

why would world class players choose us over the likes of barca, united, madrid ETC

all w ehave got going for us is history

Lose torres were ******.. were just starting to get back on our feet.. everyone is saying get a world class player with the money but i say again

why would world class players choose us over the likes of barca, united, madrid ETC

all w ehave got going for us is history
Well, Suarez is signing over the likes of Barcelona, United, Madrid, and I highly doubt we were the only team in for him.

One of Torres's team-mates told the Mail on Sunday: "He has always been a complex character. He is so naturally gifted he's always been totally self-absorbed.

"For the first year we'd put his quietness down to a lack of fluent English, but then he'd come out with something word perfect, which made you realise he understood what was going on all the time.

"It wasn't shyness, more aloofness. And on the pitch he'd definitely play for himself rather than the team. Even the real pros like Stevie Gerrard and Jamie Carragher noticed it but when Torres is on top form you'd forgive him anything.

"But his efforts for the team this season under Roy Hodgson made everyone notice. His Prozone stats for some games were laughable for a Premier League striker. He has always been admired by his teammates, but not loved. He hasn't endeared himself in the way that Pepe Reina has, for example."

Rumours, rumours, rumours, rumours ^^)

wow wasnt expecting that from a Liverpool fan. very honest mate and it shows that you understand if Torres decides to leave Liverpool.

Well, Suarez is signing over the likes of Barcelona, United, Madrid, and I highly doubt we were the only team in for him.

Wishful thinking. If any of those clubs had made an enquiry, it would have been widely publicised.

Not quite true, since none of those sides made a move for him

Agreed...Liverpool was the only club after him this january. Suarez said his dream was to play in spain. So if a spanish team would have gotten a bid accepted. Suarez would be going there now.

Whether or not we were the only team in for Suarez or not it's a positive move for Liverpool to sign a player of his calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back