Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we're working on targets if he does leave, and they are:

3 PL players - Young, Adam, N Zogbia?
2 la liga players - Llorente and Negredo?
1 Ligue 1 player - Hazard/Gervinho?
1 bundesliga player - Gomes perhaps?
These are 'targets' - doesn't mean we'll sign them, most are attacking ..

All I've heard about is the league of the targets, the names put next to them are who I think it will be.

Although, I am resigned to losing him this transfer window :S

But as said here, with or without Fernando Torres, LFC will continue.

And for once I agree with Scott. He is exceptionally talented but I wouldn't call him world class just yet.

Pretty sure Llorente to Madrid is all but done (This according to Sid Lowe). Negredo would be good, gives another option..

Not sure why Young isn't an option, Scott - pacey LW or who can also play through the middle - Think he's a very good player.. N'Zogbia less so though.

Don't think you'll get Hazard either, especially if Arsenal go in for him. This probably sounds bias/like i'm trolling but I expect he'd rather go to Arsenal due to Franco Belgian connection and he's previously said he'd love to come to us.. Never know though! Don't know much about Gervinho, striker right? :/

Wouldn't go anywhere near Mario Gomez either! Big TM but not much good from what I've seen of him, certainly not a natural finisher on the basis of his WC.

He's the only person remaining in Melwood atm, interesting to see what comes out tonight.

Torres Training today on his own good or bad
scaled.php

Liverpool will agree to sell striker Fernando Torres before the end of January - but only if Chelsea pay £50m, BBC Sport understands.
The Reds have already rejected a £35m bid from Chelsea for the 26-year-old Spaniard, who joined the Reds from Atletico Madrid in 2007 in a £20m deal.
Liverpool also turned down a transfer request for Torres on Friday.
Another option could be a £40m deal, with a world-class replacement - namely Nicolas Anelka - heading to Anfield.

I'll post this in here too.

Torres Training today on his own good or bad
scaled.php

Bad, obviously. He's been isolated from the squad, whether it's of his own accord or not, it is a bad thing.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Another option could be a £40m deal, with a world-class replacement - namely Nicolas Anelka - heading to Anfield.

Nicolas Anelka is not world class.

A term so overly used nowadays it is ridiculous.

If Nicolas Anelka is world class then I am Foghorn Leghorn.

Either Chelsea get him now for 50 million, or they get him in the summer for 10 million or more less.

Thing is, they need him now.

I hope he doesn't move though. Don't aid Chelsea, Fernando.

Torres wasnt that prolific in spain before he came to liverpool, different clubs and different leagues have different effects on players.

i hope it has a good effect on saurez.

Lets hope Roman had a good christmas

View attachment 129258

No Liverpool player should have to walk alone :(

Talk about a picture painting a thousand words. That above photo is the epitome of that saying.

:'(​

View attachment 129258

No Liverpool player should have to walk alone :(

Talk about a picture painting a thousand words. That above photo is the epitome of that saying.

:'(​

Horrible picture, makes you feel really sorry for him, I reckon he feels really guilty. YNWA Fernando. :'(

Hopefully he reconsiders and stays, a team with Torres and Gerrard is quality, and with the addition of possibly Suarez, we could see Liverpool come good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back