Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not we were the only team in for Suarez or not it's a positive move for Liverpool to sign a player of his calibre.

Easy tiger, nobody is denying that. We're just adamant that none of the clubs listed made enquiries and/or offers.

Not the same thing. Liverpool defensive mode disengage.

Easy tiger, nobody is denying that. We're just adamant that none of the clubs listed made enquiries and/or offers.

Not the same thing. Liverpool defensive mode disengage.

I was responding to this.

Also, you cannot call Suarez world class.

correct me if im wrong but didnt he score either 39 or 49 goals last season forgot which number it was and even if it was just in the dutch league that is still an amazing amount of goals to get in one season and Suarez does have alot of talent he is a very good signing for Liverpool in my opinion.

Indeed. I think RTW just wants this to be the case to make himself feel a bit better about Liverpools current situation.
I dont think liverpool are in any situation, bigger players have left them before, and we dont even for certain that he will leave, either now or in the summer

Torres won't be leaving this window. It's too late-on.

Perhaps wishful thinking by me, but if Chelsea do manage it, then bye 4th spot.

correct me if im wrong but didnt he score either 39 or 49 goals last season forgot which number it was and even if it was just in the dutch league that is still an amazing amount of goals to get in one season and Suarez does have alot of talent he is a very good signing for Liverpool in my opinion.

Ignore him, he's an Everton fan, they're all the same.

Why is everybody talking as if we're in crisis? We won the Champions League without Fernando Torres, I doubt he's leaving until the summer and I am pretty sure we can reinvest the money in the right areas of the team. What's this situation we're in?

But you simply can not call a player world class on one good season... Surely he needs to do it over a long period of time to be considered truly world class, Talented with the Potential to be world class...? With out a doubt, but actual world class. Not yet...

Apparently we're working on targets if he does leave, and they are:

3 PL players - Young, Adam, N Zogbia?
2 la liga players - Llorente and Negredo?
1 Ligue 1 player - Hazard/Gervinho?
1 bundesliga player - Gomes perhaps?
These are 'targets' - doesn't mean we'll sign them, most are attacking ..

All I've heard about is the league of the targets, the names put next to them are who I think it will be.

Although, I am resigned to losing him this transfer window :S

But as said here, with or without Fernando Torres, LFC will continue.

And for once I agree with Scott. He is exceptionally talented but I wouldn't call him world class just yet.

All I've heard about is the league of the targets, the names put next to them are who I think it will be.

And for once I agree with Scott. He is exceptionally talented but I wouldn't call him world class just yet.

I think Negredo would be a good signing and so Would Llorente Very good players, both goal scorers, Wouldnt touch Young or N'zogbia if i was you...

And you always secretary agree with me anyway

Last edited:
Chelsea will be laughing there eds of if they dnt get him now he is still unsettled for the rest of season

But you simply can not call a player world class on one good season... Surely he needs to do it over a long period of time to be considered truly world class, Talented with the Potential to be world class...? With out a doubt, but actual world class. Not yet...

He had 3 seasons of rampant goalscoring for Ajax, 81 goals in 108 games, and 16 goals in 38 for Uruguay. A long period of goalscoring, no? I'd say he needs to prove himself in a bigger league though, and I'll be pleased if the deal goes ahead.

He had 3 seasons of rampant goalscoring for Ajax, 81 goals in 108 games, and 16 goals in 38 for Uruguay. A long period of goalscoring, no? I'd say he needs to prove himself in a bigger league though, and I'll be pleased if the deal goes ahead.
He isnt world class . Kezman did near enough the same and well... yeah. Potential to be world class? certainly, but he isnt there yet

I think Negredo would be a good signing and so Would Llorente Very good players, both goal scorers, Wouldnt touch Young or N'zogbia if i was you...

And you always secretary agree with me anyway

I'd much rather Llorente obviously, but Negredo is still a very good player and one whom is capable of leading the line, a la Torres.

I wouldn't mind Young, as long as he wasn't too expensive. Although if we were to go for anyone from Villa I'd want it to be Albrighton.

Don't worry though GodCubed, a bit hasn't been put in yet (K)

Still Wouldnt class him as World Class....? Would you..? I think he for sure has the potential, just not yet there,

young adam gomes will do me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back