Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need now is
Suarez
Adam
Warnock to sign

and then id be happy this window! :)

Drogba is a at his best when he plays as lone striker. If they are planning to offload Drogba then it make sense to make a bid for Torres. I dont think they can play together.

Sold Babel, and possibly Jovanovic with no replacements coming in. Oh dear.

Drogba is a at his best when he plays as lone striker. If they are planning to offload Drogba then it make sense to make a bid for Torres. I dont think they can play together.

why would they 'offload' drogba, where did u hear such rumours?

So Chelsea make a bid they know will be rejected (and they know the buy-out price - they knew in the summer too). Makes you wonder why they'd do that. Are we due to play Chelsea again soon? Not another transfer for a striker that Chelsea are trying to push through but are getting knocked back on is there?

I lol'd.

Well Torres is not worth more than 35m pounds...so it's clear that they rejected it only because he is not for sale. Not because the price isn't right. (if the rumoured 35m pounds is right).

Well im guessin it will be in all papers tomorrow and most journo's reporting it on Twitter.. would not just start out of nothing

btw this is literally 5 mins old... off a liverpool facebook group who provided the link

Even if it was accepted why would he go to Chelsea anyway...Aging side and can see them falling from grace in the next 3 years..YES Iknow Man U have an aging side as well before the usual replies..lol

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

All we need now is
Suarez
Adam
Warnock to sign

and then id be happy this window! :)

What do you want Neil Warnock for????
Kenny is doing OK...lol

why would they 'offload' drogba, where did u hear such rumours?

I said IF. Not saying Chelsea will sell Drogba, i said making bid for Torres makes no sense with Drogba in your team.

So Chelsea make a bid they know will be rejected (and they know the buy-out price - they knew in the summer too). Makes you wonder why they'd do that. Are we due to play Chelsea again soon? Not another transfer for a striker that Chelsea are trying to push through but are getting knocked back on is there?

I lol'd.

According to Guillem Balague there is no buy-out-clause in his contract, and Torres has also asked Liverpool to consider Chelsea's offer. So if this is correct it will be solely up to Liverpool whether he goes or not.

For the prices being rumoured, I know I wouldn't want him. Given that he has been off form for a good year and a half now, and has had numerous injuries, if we pay 40+ Million Liverpool will be laughing. If we can get him for 30-35M then I'd take him. Going over 40 is over the top.

Shows Chelsea are weak and need reinforcements though.

Although I agree that are squad is on the thin side in terms of strength in depth, the logic in this is laughable.

Barca wanted and got David Villa in the summer. Shows they are weak and needed reinforcements.

I think Torres wants to move to Chelsea. I know he loves Liverpool but he is turning 27 and wants to win trophies. And he wont do it with Liverpool....idk if he would do it in Chelsea either :D

Fergie to make a late bid to nab Torres....!! If Only

the offer is insulting when u c bent goin to villa for up to 24 m y wud he wanna join chelsea a ageing team he will stay

the offer is insulting when u c bent goin to villa for up to 24 m y wud he wanna join chelsea a ageing team he will stay
not really insulting at all, if you use that logic you should be happy becuase villa went to barca for £34 million

The offer is realistic when you see David Villa, arguably a better player than Torres, going to Barca for 34 Million. ;)

Edit: Zoomed

In all Seriousness Who ever said Mikel is ****( Joss) that is retarded. Carrick is no way better then Him, neither is Zab, **** it Mikel Better then Song and Thud for that matter..

On the Torres issue, if he doesnt go in the summer i will be suprised, Many Real will make an offer...? Can jose persuade him to join Ath Great rivals...? He wont leave for chelski this window! the only English side he will ever play for is City for cash after liverpool i reckon.

valencia are in debt thats y barca got him for that price we arent

On the Torres issue, if he doesnt go in the summer i will be suprised, Many Real will make an offer...? Can jose persuade him to join Ath Great rivals...? He wont leave for chelski this window!

Can't see him joining Real, he loves Athletico far too much.

This now, makes capturing the signature of Suarez absolutely vital.

We need a real show of intent now to show Torres that the owners are here to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.