Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
no sense in ur statement and u probably know it yourself

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

lol so we are having a bad run of form and suddenly we are on the DOWN, if we are on the down i doubt that arguably the bes striker in the world would consider joining us ;)

actually foget it, I cant b bothered getting into an arguement with mugs like u
he's saying that most of the key players are in their 30's

Sorry but I don't really get Chelsea's logic. How does spending £50 million on a player who's on **** form improve them? Everyone knows that Chelsea need to improve their squad overall due to their older players, if they have £50 million, how about they buy a number of players to help revamp their squad..

he's saying that most of the key players are in their 30's

That still does not make us a club on the DOWN, i mean if u look at it, Man Utd got Scholes, Giggs and Van Der Sar in their late 30s too while Pool have Gerrard if i am not wrong, still all of them are clubs on the way up

That still does not make us a club on the DOWN, i mean if u look at it, Man Utd got Scholes, Giggs and Van Der Sar in their late 30s too while Pool have Gerrard if i am not wrong, still all of them are clubs on the way up

They're not the key, key players for United though. Vidic, Rooney, perhaps Fletcher, Nani (****), Evra etc are all in the 20's I think, while Chelsea's spine : Terry, Lampard, Drogba all in 30'. So's Anelka, Malouda, Cole, etc,

Sorry but I don't really get Chelsea's logic. How does spending £50 million on a player who's on **** form improve them? Everyone knows that Chelsea need to improve their squad overall due to their older players, if they have £50 million, how about they buy a number of players to help revamp their squad..

does it look like we are short of money ;) Roman is just going for one last spending spree before the UEFA Financial Fair play regulations comes in thats all

PS: Torres just cored 2 goals last weekend s he is hardly on **** form, plus when he is on top form he is arguably the best striker in the world and he is only 26, in his prime

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

They're not the key, key players for United though. Vidic, Rooney, perhaps Fletcher, Nani (****), Evra etc are all in the 20's I think, while Chelsea's spine : Terry, Lampard, Drogba all in 30'. So's Anelka, Malouda, Cole, etc,

all i am saying s that that hardly means we are a club on the way down as namki suggested, all of the players u mentioned got a good 2-3 seasons ahead of them, plenty of time to bring in replacements

You've got a really good point. But, i think this is a sign of things to come. Every one has said Roman is losing interest, what a way to prove them wrong. What a way to prove to Torres that he'll make new signings.

Liverpool have been **** lately, and they have a bigger task rebuilding their squad then Chelsea do.

Another thing to note;

Daniel Sturridge wasn't even in the Chelsea squad yesterday, he isn't injured either. He usually starts most of the FA Cup games.

neither did i get Man Utds logic of spending 10m on an uproven striker but hey thats football

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Another thing to note;

Daniel Sturridge wasn't even in the Chelsea squad yesterday, he isn't injured either. He usually starts most of the FA Cup games.

Its getting more and more likely that we are prepared to offer Pool 50m plus Sturridge which is as good a deal as any

Sturridge is a decent prospect imo and 50m will go along way in getting a capable sriker partner for Anelka

neither did i get Man Utds logic of spending 10m on an uproven striker but hey thats football

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Its getting more and more likely that we are prepared to offer Pool 50m plus Sturridge which is as good a deal as any

Sturridge is a decent prospect imo and 50m will go along way in getting a capable sriker partner for Anelka
We don't want Sturridge.

Hmm, look at this. Chelsea put on their website Torres deal agreed, check URL - http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Error...age/LatestNewsAll/blues-agree-torres-deal.php

Now it's not working.

I wouldnt put it past Chelsea, remember when he thought we signed Robinho we put shirts with his name on the back before the deal was done. If so its so unprofessional.

WHAT DONT PEOPLE GET!!!!

He wont win trophies at Chelsea, they are a club who are on the down!!!!!!

Fair enough if he went 2 Barcelona but CHELSEA???

Their whole team will be on their pension soon, hope it doesn't happen but if it does. I wouldn't be suprised if Suarez said no to us :(

Chelsea need players from 23-28 and Torres fits that bill. We have our older players the Lampards, Drogba's Terrys etc and we have our young lads the McEachrans, Brumas etc. But we do already have some 23-28 year old that just need to improve. And at the moment with our squad being as small as it is these 23-28 year olds get complacent because they know they will more than likely get games.

Ivanovic - 26
Cech - 28 (young for a keeper)
Alex - 28
Bosingwa - 28
Essien - 28
Ramires - 23
Zhirkov - 27
Kalou - 25
Sturridge - 21
Mikel - 23

All either already excellent players or have the ability to get much better. And with Torres just 26 i see alot of logic in the deal.

By the time Terry, Drogba, Lampard retire the likes of McEachran, Bruma and Torres will be at the club and possibly ready to replace them.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Another thing to note;

He is injured, he picked up a knock on wednesday or thursday in training and didnt train.

as mentioned earlier, Lamps, Terry and the Drog all got a good 2-3 seasons ahead of them so there is plenty of time to bring in replacements

Alcaraz, no offence, but your logic is being twisted by what you want to happen. You see all these sources telling you that the move is about to happen, post it wherever you can getting all happy about it, and start claiming Liverpool will not challenge for the title for 2-3 years. While this may be true, if the owners keep pushing in the way that we have this window, and the players play well, then there's absolutely no reason that we couldn't challenge for the title. Torres must surely know that, and as far as I'm concerned, everything is still speculation.

You posting early this morning that Torres had opened talks with Chelsea, for example, was pure *****. Hanging onto strings.

Sorry to go off on one like this, but I really am getting sick of all these people trying to add insult to injury to the Liverpool fans.

We don't want Sturridge.

ok take the 50m alone then, no difference to me, we just get to keep a decent prospect imo lol :)

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Alcaraz, no offence, but your logic is being twisted by what you want to happen. You see all these sources telling you that the move is about to happen, post it wherever you can getting all happy about it, and start claiming Liverpool will not challenge for the title for 2-3 years. While this may be true, if the owners keep pushing in the way that we have this window, and the players play well, then there's absolutely no reason that we couldn't challenge for the title. Torres must surely know that, and as far as I'm concerned, everything is still speculation.

You posting early this morning that Torres had opened talks with Chelsea, for example, was pure *****. Hanging onto strings.

Sorry to go off on one like this, but I really am getting sick of all these people trying to add insult to injury to the Liverpool fans.

i think i posted that on facebook not on here lol, but i am pretty sure we are all admant that with the Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man Citys of the world, Liverpool will find it hard to make any decent challenge for the title, i am prett sure veeryone aim this season is to finish in the top 6 atleast and then maybe CL football next season

Torres is in his prime, in 2-3 years he may be declining, he knows that, if he was younger then maybe he would have stayed but the lad has to think about his own career too

As you can see by the price tag though, Kezman was more of a gamble than an investment. If Kezman was really believed to have had the potential to be world class he'd have went for four times the price he did, like Ruud did and Suarez is.

Kezman only had 12 months on his deal though when the blues signed him.... He was being touted around for 15million the summer before hand. SO Kinda the same rep and record. Kezman scored 81 goals in 3 season before he joined the blues.

LOOOOOL. Hey Liverpool, Would you like the best striker in the league for a crocked Spanish rent boy PLUS £40M?... Best joke of the transfer window so far.

Why the **** would Tevez go to Liverpool XD

The £40M Plus SWP might be more like it.

Best striker in the league..? You lot havent got Chicarito.

Tevez might leave for the same reason he left Utd, Money.

i think i posted that on facebook not on here lol, but i am pretty sure we are all admant that with the Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man Citys of the world, Liverpool will find it hard to make any decent challenge for the title, i am prett sure veeryone aim this season is to finish in the top 6 atleast and then maybe CL football next season

Torres is in his prime, in 2-3 years he may be declining, he knows that, if he was younger then maybe he would have stayed but the lad has to think about his own career too

Yeh you posted it on Facebook, but it's still an outlandish thing to post :P I agree that Liverpool will be happy with a top 6 finish this season, possibly pushing for 5th ahead of Chelsea ;) But next season, if Torres stays and we have Suarez too, then I really think that will make a formidable partnership, and with the summer window to reshape the squad, we can bring in LB, LW and CB, and I don't see why with this squad we shouldn't be setting our sights high next season.

Yeh you posted it on Facebook, but it's still an outlandish thing to post :P I agree that Liverpool will be happy with a top 6 finish this season, possibly pushing for 5th ahead of Chelsea ;) But next season, if Torres stays and we have Suarez too, then I really think that will make a formidable partnership, and with the summer window to reshape the squad, we can bring in LB, LW and CB, and I don't see why with this squad we shouldn't be setting our sights high next season.

My view is that Liverpool more than likely wont be in the CL next season which is fine because they are in a transitional period. But next season im 100% sure with Torres or without Torres, with Dalglish or without Dalglish they will challenge the top 4 again.

You can look at this 1 of 2 ways, i think you can agree that Liverpool need new players. Now if you lose Torres you lose a talisman simple as that but you do get a reported 50million which could buy 2-3 sensational players.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Kezman only had 12 months on his deal though when the blues signed him.... He was being touted around for 15million the summer before hand. SO Kinda the same rep and record. Kezman scored 81 goals in 3 season before he joined the blues.

Best striker in the league..? You lot havent got Chicarito.

Tevez might leave for the same reason he left Utd, Money.

Off Topic: Il'l admit at the start of the season i was critical about Hernandez, i thought it would take him a little while to get used to PL football but the lad has been sensational. Honestly i think Utd could have got rid of Rooney and still be top of the league now because of the lad, and you would have been 50+million richer.

no i doubt Chelsea will fall to 6th Calum, btw i posted it on Facebook for fun, jus wanted to scare my mates for a few seconds when they would frantically check BBC and Sky to see if its true but as i said there is no doub Pool will be challneging for CL football next season, they got the players and he manager to do so

mate and dont go high and mighty about finishing ahead of Chelsea, u have only just started to win games lol :) kidding mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back