Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt Carroll would play sunday....broke down during recovery didnt he

Rooney was also dreadful at the wc and has had an even worse season than Torres but I bet you still think his world class aye.

Still top, GOD you lot hated him now look you are crawling at his feet, he has done noting for you yet

Good signing if it he gets on well with the team although I have a feeling that Drogba and or Anelka aren't going to be happy if they have to move positions to accommodate for Torres just like Drogba was when Scolari was in charge.

Bit of maths to get my head around on this torres deal. If he's signed for 50m, he will likely get a 10% cut of that for signing on, which makes it 55m. Then, his wages are rumoured to be at least 180k a week, which over his contract equates to 50m or so. That leaves the investment on Torres by Chelsea at well over 100m. That's without agents fees and other goal bonuses and trophy bonuses. CRAZY, crazy money.

Still top, GOD you lot hated him now look you are crawling at his feet, he has done noting for you yet

I hated him 180 mins a season tbh always admired his talent and just wait Tull he starts smashing in the goals in a Chelsea shirt ;) well I hope he does lol:@

I have been quite quiet and nice and i respect Liverpool as a football club but thank you very much for this deal. I am very happy and i will quite happily admit i was wrong about this deal from the start.

FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9!!!​

Pity, really. Really like Torres, but this is going be majorly weird...

Good news in the Short Term for Arsenal, though: Played Cheatski twice already and they have to play Utd home and away..

Can't think how Chelsea are going to play now, though.

Torres needs a target man to take some of the slack off him. enter Drogba!! If these 2 gel it could be devastating.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

he said he is looking forward to playing in the same team as Terry. He said i would prefer to play with him than against him lol.
Torres doesnt need a targetman, he never has. what he needed was supply when he was facing goal, into feet in the channels, which he wasnt getting at liverpool but should get plenty of from lampard

People if you're not talking about the signing then do one off the thread

Pity, really. Really like Torres, but this is going be majorly weird...

Good news in the Short Term for Arsenal, though: Played Cheatski twice already and they have to play Utd home and away..

Can't think how Chelsea are going to play now, though.

he will either keep the same system and rotate of change to a 4-4-2 diamond.

I have been quite quiet and nice and i respect Liverpool as a football club but thank you very much for this deal. I am very happy and i will quite happily admit i was wrong about this deal from the start.

FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9!!!​

Didn't you say you didn't want him? What's with the change of tune out of curiosity?

Torres Interview:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlm_Vk5aBQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlm_Vk5aBQ[/ame]

Carroll 100% out of game and there still is a possibility torres might not be able to play.. depends if LFC put a clause in his CFC contract about this sunday

Didn't you say you didn't want him? What's with the change of tune out of curiosity?

A part of me thought it would never happen to say we didnt want him. We could really get him back to his best without a dout.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Torres prefers playing as the one striker, which Drogba won't be too keen on...

Torres is a smart guy, he could adapt. Like is said Torres sturggles playing upfront on his own now days and Drogba will take alot of pressure off Torres.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

He still looks like a girl lol.

A part of me thought it would never happen to say we didnt want him. We could really get him back to his best without a dout.

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Torres is a smart guy, he could adapt. Like is said Torres sturggles playing upfront on his own now days and Drogba will take alot of pressure off Torres.

---------- Post added at 04:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

He still looks like a girl lol.
Again i have to pick you up on this. He doenst struggle on his own. he was struggling with the type of supply he was getting

Again i have to pick you up on this. He doenst struggle on his own. he was struggling with the type of supply he was getting

Its all up to Carlo. Big problem is that do we change the system, if its not broke dont fix it.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

Gutted but hey,best of luck to him.

Very nice of you mate.

Its all up to Carlo. Big problem is that do we change the system, if its not broke dont fix it.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

Very nice of you mate.
Well drogba is very happy picking up the ball with his back to goal, then turning his man. Torres likes the channels.So you can see Drogba coming deep onto the ball, turning and finding Torres who goes at goal, or finds Drogba on the return pass.

Can see you going back to 4-1-2-1-2, which will be good as long as lampard isnt at the tip,

Well drogba is very happy picking up the ball with his back to goal, then turning his man. Torres likes the channels.So you can see Drogba coming deep onto the ball, turning and finding Torres who goes at goal, or finds Drogba on the return pass.

Can see you going back to 4-1-2-1-2, which will be good as long as lampard isnt at the tip,

Yer alot coming out of Chelsea that if we do go to a 4-1-2-1-2 then Malouda will be at the tip with Lampard in the middle and then 2 out of Essien/Ramires and Mikel to fill the gaps.

The man on Ssn just said Torres can make his debut tomorrow night?? Bit confused I thought we signed him too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back