Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes a lone striker that gets kicked about and ends up getting injured when he does. He is a smart lad and a young lad who could easily adapt to playing with Drogba. Also in the last few games Drogba has been coming abit deeper to get the ball so maybe he will play a Rooney type role? If Carlo plays both of them then he will play a 4-4-2 diamond with full backs Cole and Bosingwa getting forward as much as possible.

Whos going to play right midfield? Where are Kalou, Malouda Anelka going to fit in. Torres isn't versatile at all, if you play Torres' way he will score goals. If you don't he won't. Essien sitting back with waste most of his qualities. Honestly don't understand how use will play.

I cant believe this has happened!

Didnt expect to see so many bitter fans, well i sort of did..

Whos going to play right midfield? Where are Kalou, Malouda Anelka going to fit in. Torres isn't versatile at all, if you play Torres' way he will score goals. If you don't he won't. Essien sitting back with waste most of his qualities. Honestly don't understand how use will play.
Surely a midfield like this

Obi Mikel
Essien Malouda
Lampard

A diamond doesnt have to have wingers.

It is hard to take you know, Liverpool's best players mean a lot to the fans and when club icons leave it really gets to fans. It's a natural reaction.

we will play with 2 centre mids.

GK: Cech
DL: Cole - getting forward as much as possible
DR: Bosingwa - Getting foward as possible
DC: Terry/Alex
DC: Ivanovic/Luiz
DM: Mikel/Essien
CM: Lampard
CM: Essien/Ramires
AM: Malouda/Benayoun
ST: Torres/Anelka
ST: Drogba/Kalou

Give it a break. Were not bitter were being realistic like any one would be. Were not bitter towards Xabi Alonso because we all appreciate the way hes acted since he moved and he still truly loves the club and respects the club. Torres left us in January with 3 days to find a replacement and said shocking things in his interview. If you think you wouldn't be annoyed/upset your naive as ****.

Obi Mikel
Essien Malouda
Lampard

Lampard wont play at the tip of the diamond, its been tried and it wasnt good.

Obi Mikel
Essien Malouda
Lampard

we will play with 2 centre mids.

DL: Cole - getting forward as much as possible
DR: Bosingwa - Getting foward as possible
DC: Terry/Alex
DC: Ivanovic/Luiz
CM: Lampard
CM: Essien/Ramires
AM: Malouda/Benayoun
ST: Torres/Anelka
ST: Drogba/Kalou

True didn't think of that to be honest. Looks promising.

Give it a break. Were not bitter were being realistic like any one would be. Were not bitter towards Xabi Alonso because we all appreciate the way hes acted since he moved and he still truly loves the club and respects the club. Torres left us in January with 3 days to find a replacement and said shocking things in his interview. If you think you wouldn't be annoyed/upset your naive as ****.
Where be the praise for o' mighty Mascherano?

Nah, just messing with you, Alonso has reiterated a still glowing love for Liverpool, Torres, he'll be all giddy with the Champs League play, but there will still be an empty feeling

Why is it pathetic? He wants to win things and at the moment Chelsea have a better chance of winning trophys than Liverpool. It may change again 5-10years down the line but at this current moment Chelsea are a better team than Liverpool.

No, don't get me wrong, his motives for the move are fine (apart from it being Chelsea) I just think the way he justifies the move to the Chelsea reporter was pathetic. "They're a difficult team to play against blah blah blah.

Due to a better squad, a better manager and more money i think chelsea are moving in a better direction than liverpool.

A) A better squad maybe, an aging squad - perhaps, don't kid yourself, this Chelsea team will need a lot of investment in the near future, and with the FFP coming into action soon, Chelsea won't be able to throw money around like they have done here - just not profitable enough as a club atm.

B) Better manager? I don't know tbh, you can't compare the two.

C) More money? Nah. We've shown today we're not short of a bob or two. Add to that the introduction of FFP next season and that Liverpool are a far more profitable club than Chelsea, i think you'll probably see Liverpool have more money than Chelsea next season - especially if our new owners market us right in both America and Asia (which i believe they will)

heck, I think next season, we'll even be able to outspend your beloved City, because unlike them, we make rather good profits each year. In fact, i think theres only United with a bigger profit than us each season.

no one thing about this torres saga my 8 year old cousin hasn't stop crying his idol has left he has met the man and got autographs of him

Have to admit, I felt extremely aggreived when Rooney left for Man Utd. We discovered an absolute gem, and when he buggered off to Man Utd, I was absolutely livid. But now, when I see him play now and see how he's developed, it's like well good luck to him. But the timing of all this does pretty much stink and can pretty much see where Liverpool fans are coming from.

i expected you to all be upset but saying you hate him etc is a bit far and a bit sad if im honest (not geeky sad, emotionally).

To be honest I feel for the Newcastle supporters, did they even get a replacement???

True didn't think of that to be honest. Looks promising.

It will be if it works. But Carlo might not change it, if its not broken why fix it but in that case i would think it would be somthing like this:

DL: Cole
DR: Ivanovic / Bosingwa
DC: Terry
DC: Alex / Luiz
MC: Lampard
MC: Ramires/Essien
STR: Anelka
STL: Malouda/Zhirkov/Kalou
STC: Drogba/Torres

thinking about it, you can't really blame liverpool fans for being aboslutely gutted, I mean if we lost someone like drogba or lampard to one of our rivals I would be absolutely distraught.
his motives, moving to a top side though, are fine imo. plus we have a very bright future, we can spend a bit of money over the next couple of years, not sick amounts, but enough, and slowly ****** through our very, very talented youth players, not as immediately as we tried to do at the beginnning of this season.

CAREFREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE, WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back