Chelsea sign Fernando Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
i expected you to all be upset but saying you hate him etc is a bit far and a bit sad if im honest (not geeky sad, emotionally).

I've not said i hate him tbf.
I still love him as a player.
As a guy and an ex Liverpool legend - not so much.

would love to say:
You'll Never Walk Alone

but at Chelsea, You'll Always Walk Alone

the biggest players who leave a club are always gna get stick, ronaldo tevez beckham, Henry, Ronaldinhio and now torres it just happens all fans are gna be upset give it a few weeks when suraez and carrol start to get a partnership, you willl be better off lfc fans

the biggest players who leave a club are always gna get stick, ronaldo tevez beckham, Henry, Ronaldinhio and now torres it just happens all fans are gna be upset give it a few weeks when suraez and carrol start to get a partnership, you willl be better off lfc fans

suraez is fast, runs down the flank, and carrol will head it home :)

I think liverpool made a big mistake not bringing someone who can give these players service though.. adam would have been a perfect and good value replacement for xabi alonso at 10m, especially if they rate carroll at ****** 35m?! ridiculous money for an unproven player.

**** Torres.

He's had his years in the Prem. Won't be the same player he was when he first joined Liverpool if you ask me, and for 50m Chelsea have been ripped off.

38m for Carroll is huge, but hes only 22. His best years are yet to come, and I think with the addition of Suarez, Pool now have a potentially deadly strike force.

and Blackpool accepted the Spurs bid of £6.5 million. I expect him to prob still go to Anfield-be a good fit there

I cant believe no ones looking at that fee for Carrol, Hopefully for England's sake it doesn't take time for him to settle in but i believe that it will hurt his game.

Can i just say to all these Chelsea fans saying Torres will destroy us on Sunday (whether made in jest or not)
Well, Liverpool have a secret weapon: We know Torres' game better than most, we'll know how he works and what he likes. Things he doesn't like - such as constant nibbles at the ankles, all that stuff.

Others saying Torres and Drogba - match made in heaven? I honestly don't think they'll hit it off (not bitter, just my honest opinion) Chelsea tried playing with 2 up top - Drogba & Anelka (the latter being vaguely similar to Torres) and we all know how thats ended up? oh yeah, Anelka on the wing. I just don't think they'll hit it off as easily as you lot think

**** Torres.

He's had his years in the Prem. Won't be the same player he was when he first joined Liverpool if you ask me, and for 50m Chelsea have been ripped off.

38m for Carroll is huge, but hes only 22. His best years are yet to come, and I think with the addition of Suarez, Pool now have a potentially deadly strike force.

Suarez has to prove he can score in the prem league remember he's coming from the dutch league which is pretty poor in terms of comparison with the week in week out battle of the prem league.

Can i just say to all these Chelsea fans saying Torres will destroy us on Sunday (whether made in jest or not)
Well, Liverpool have a secret weapon: We know Torres' game better than most, we'll know how he works and what he likes. Things he doesn't like - such as constant nibbles at the ankles, all that stuff.

Others saying Torres and Drogba - match made in heaven? I honestly don't think they'll hit it off (not bitter, just my honest opinion) Chelsea tried playing with 2 up top - Drogba & Anelka (the latter being vaguely similar to Torres) and we all know how thats ended up? oh yeah, Anelka on the wing. I just don't think they'll hit it off as easily as you lot think

There are no guarentees they will hit it off i know, but if they do it will be devastating. You say you know Torres's game better than most but i could easily counter that by saying Torres will know how to beat your defense. Drogba has been dropping a little deeper in recent games sort of playing in a Rooney role so maybe this is the way forward.

We hope haha (joking). I'll put a cheeky bet on Torres to be booed come the end of the season when he hasn't performed and Chelsea don't win the league. Feel free to quote me on his Chelski fans. Before you say am being bitter don't its just my opinion.

Suarez has to prove he can score in the prem league remember he's coming from the dutch league which is pretty poor in terms of comparison with the week in week out battle of the prem league.

Did ok at the World Cup, didn't he?

This is funny.
On paper we have one of the best striker partnerships in the world but maybe they wont hit it off and maybe we wont beat pool on sunday but its still exciting for Chelsea fans that weve signed Torres and Luiz!

We hope haha (joking). I'll put a cheeky bet on Torres to be booed come the end of the season when he hasn't performed and Chelsea don't win the league. Feel free to quote me on his Chelski fans. Before you say am being bitter don't its just my opinion.

Most Chelsea fans have come to terms that we proberly wont win the league.

You say you know Torres's game better than most but i could easily counter that by saying Torres will know how to beat your defense.

To be fair everybody knows how to do that :$

But I agree with Jones, I don't reckon they'll be super awesomez straight away; give it time I'm sure they'll both perform well together, maybe one just behind the other like an old Bergkamp-Henry partnership - Drogba with the strength to hold off defenders and Torres there to poach any threatening through-balls. And both can score long distance goals, we've seen this numerous times.

But yeah, I'll give them around a month before they start pulling together well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back