Chelsea v Newcastle - Stamford Bridge Wednesday 7:45 PM GMT

ancelotti picked a side too weak imo but ohwell only carling cup chelsea got better trophies to go win ;)

if man city are out it means two of our cup rivals are out ! :D

Oh Newcastle we love you!!!!!

Ameobi!!! Oh Ameobi!!!!

brilliant matcj, love the cup cos this happens and it can only be ood, makes the competition more open, cheers for the response on the thread lads much appreciated thinking of doing oe for city chlsea so keep an eye out for it!

Valueable expierience against a strong Newcastle, not so bad that our youth/backup team is as good as a championship winnig side...

We only had 3 first team players in the starting eleven. Although you could argue Tioté ahead of Smith now.

What a game! Great effort from the lads to come back with 10 men. In a way im glad we went out or we would have to play another 30 minutes ahead of our game against City. Well played Newcastle, they never gave up and took their goals well.

Also pleased that Josh McEachran came on and looked awesome.

Well played Newcastle United, yes it was only a Chelsea reserve side but they still have to "beat what's in front of them"'so much for the clean sweep of titles Drogba predicted the other day

anyone else prefer the carling cup to the fa cup as teams play youngsters?

Last edited:
Well played Newcastle United, yes it was only a Chelsea reserve side but they still have to "beat what's in front of them"'so much for the clean sweep of titles Drogba predicted the other day

dont know why drogba predicted that tbh because imo it was never gunna happen i cant see a team doing the quadruple any time soon espeically with the amount of talented clubs in england

Newcastle wasted so many good scoring chances. They could have scored 2-3 goals more. Superb cup tie. Deserving win for toons.

We weren't at full strength, with 7 of the starters not regulars(Krul, Ferguson, Taylor, Smith, Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands). Good win away, through to next round, maybe start dreaming, unless we draw ManUre next round:S

was a really good game to watch actually but obviously hugely dissapointed we just switched off right at the death. The positives we drew level at 3-1 with only 10 men, Anelka was out of this world, McEachran made Newcastle look amatuer he was immense, Van Aanholt scored and made a goal looks like a possible Ashley Cole replacement and most of this team wont play on saturday so it wont feel like a defeat going into a big game. Now for the negatives We lost, we lost Kalou and Yossi to injurys, Turnbull was ***** again, the defence was woeful at defending, Sturridge might aswell not have turned up he was really poor and Ramires needs to cut out stupid tackles.

Conclution well done Newcastle on the whole you proberly deserved to win the game so good luck with the rest of the tournement.

I will add i was very very very impressed with McEachran and i think even Newcastle fans would agree he was immense and should have started.

dont know why drogba predicted that tbh because imo it was never gunna happen i cant see a team doing the quadruple any time soon espeically with the amount of talented clubs in england

And there are three clubs in Europe who IMO are better - Inter, Barca and Real. The FA Cup is 3 months away, and if you draw ManUre, Arsenal, ManShitty or Spurs, it will not be easy.

i think chelsea did pretty well to come back from 3-1 down with a weakened side and josh mcEachran and van aanholt looked amazing tonight its a shame sturridge did nothing and just wasted opportunities :( wasnt too pleased with yuri zhirkov either the so called russian ronaldinho or whatever lol what a waste of money he has turned out to be

We weren't at full strength, with 7 of the starters not regulars(Krul, Ferguson, Taylor, Smith, Ameobi, Ranger, Lovenkrands). Good win away, through to next round, maybe start dreaming, unless we draw ManUre next round:S

knowing newcastles luck, they will.

was a really good game to watch actually but obviously hugely dissapointed we just switched off right at the death. The positives we drew level at 3-1 with only 10 men, Anelka was out of this world, McEachran made Newcastle look amatuer he was immense, Van Aanholt scored and made a goal looks like a possible Ashley Cole replacement and most of this team wont play on saturday so it wont feel like a defeat going into a big game. Now for the negatives We lost, we lost Kalou and Yossi to injurys, Turnbull was ***** again, the defence was woeful at defending, Sturridge might aswell not have turned up he was really poor and Ramires needs to cut out stupid tackles.

Conclution well done Newcastle on the whole you proberly deserved to win the game so good luck with the rest of the tournement.

I will add i was very very very impressed with McEachran and i think even Newcastle fans would agree he was immense and should have started.

The guys on BBC Newcastle were saying McEachran has the best ball control of any English youngster they'd seen in quite a while and looks to have a big future. As for Van Aanholt, I wish he'd managed to get that loan turned into a permanent deal, we still don't have adequate LB cover, although Ferguson impressed here he isn't up to that standard.

Anelka is a proven player, who will score if the service is there. Turnbull(who I went to school with, as well as another Boro GK, Jason Steele) is not Premier League quality. Hilario is way ahead in quality. McEachran looks a prospect though, fantastic player.

I dont think Ancellotti will be too disappointed. This trophy wouldnt be at the top of his priorities this season, and this gives them a few gaps in their fixture list over the next few months.

Fair play to Newcastle though, i dont know anyone who truly believed they would go on and win tonight