Chelsea v Newcastle - Stamford Bridge Wednesday 7:45 PM GMT

Chelsea got humiliated.....almost,tbh
Ha! on the other hand, Liverpool lost to Southhampton, more humiliated!

seen a little of him, but impressed me a lot last night. too early to be hyping him, becuase too often we put weight on young players shoulders, but i think under ancellotti he could go a long way (i dont think he would get the same chances under jose), it seems we've got some very good young english talent coming through, now we must look after them

Chelsea, were in no way humiliated.

The side was strong but in the end, of a similar ability to ours, they came back from a 3-1 deficit with ten men and were unlucky not to get more.

Chelsea's youth played really well but were beaten by the better team on the night.

And Liverpool lost to Northampton.

Liverpool lost to Northhampton, and chelsea werent humiliated either.

if that was an attempted troll that was a poor effort

My Thoughts on Last Night's Match

Pro's
Definetly got your moneys worth, both teams made it a brilliant game.
Good to see youth in our team, especially the impact of van Aanholt and Josh McEachran.
Josh McEachran looks a fab prospect for the future.
Newcastle didn't give up at 1-0 down.
Chelsea played brilliant second half after going down to 10.

Con's
The referee had a ****** shocker of a game. He shouldn't have awarded the penalty, but there were penalties each way that could've been given. He did nothing to control the game.
The injuries to Kalou and Benayoun.

It was a fab match, despite losing :p

McEachran looks quality from that video, i do see the comparison between him and Jack Wilshere, though he looked like he was playing deeper in that match (certainly for the first part of the video, though he does get forward more towards the end.) plays nice, simple, short passes, and looked unfazed by PL opposition, didn't play any careless balls, and misplaced about 3 passes! Where exactly is his favourite position, deeper or further forward?

McEachran looks quality from that video, i do see the comparison between him and Jack Wilshere, though he looked like he was playing deeper in that match (certainly for the first part of the video, though he does get forward more towards the end.) plays nice, simple, short passes, and looked unfazed by PL opposition, didn't play any careless balls, and misplaced about 3 passes! Where exactly is his favourite position, deeper or further forward?

he was fantastic last night, and maybe if we were in a different position, I would say he would be in the kind of role that Lampard plays in

Further forward, centre midfield or behind the strikers. He only played deeper because we had 10 men and he had to drop back to get the ball.

Further forward, centre midfield or behind the strikers. He only played deeper because we had 10 men and he had to drop back to get the ball.

Thanks, and thanks Nick.

Always good to see him play in something a little more important though, even if it's just 20 minutes in an 8-0 routing of Wigan or whatever. Think he'll get some starts? Or will he be loaned out to get more first team action? Alla Lansbury & co.

i think he, along with cleverly wilshere and gibbs, are showing what i hope is the new english footballer, blending the best traits from english and continental football. they have a long way to go yet, but early signs, particularly in wilshere, are very promising

can't wait for the future of British football with Maccy J, wilshere, gibbs and cleverley :D

Thanks, and thanks Nick.

Always good to see him play in something a little more important though, even if it's just 20 minutes in an 8-0 routing of Wigan or whatever. Think he'll get some starts? Or will he be loaned out to get more first team action? Alla Lansbury & co.

I think he will get starts or be on the bench in the FA Cup, and Champions League group games. Can't see him playing in the league yet unless we have major injury problems. I don't think he's physically built for Premier League football yet. We were looking into the option of sending him on loan when the transfer window was open but we ended up keeping him. I think he will go on loan next season, he is only 17 and still learning so it will be good for him, hopefully. :)

what a great two days of footy i`ve never loved this cup more for years with chelsea,spuds.shity,pool all out it was a great two days! credit to northampton,newcastle,brentford and offcoarse the mighty arsenal happy days. we will probley get manu away next round lol.

what a great two days of footy i`ve never loved this cup more for years with chelsea,spuds.shity,pool all out it was a great two days! credit to northampton,newcastle,brentford and offcoarse the mighty arsenal happy days. we will probley get manu away next round lol.

Nah, that'll be us. ;)

That Josh guy will go through the 'Welbeck and Macheda Phase.'

Get a load of hype and then it'll settle down.

That Josh guy will go through the 'Welbeck and Macheda Phase.'

Get a load of hype and then it'll settle down.

i hope it does, he needs to try and keep hes feet on the ground.

Thanks Chelsea for ruining my accumulator and chance to go to Chelsea Away in the next round :'(