Chelsea v Newcastle - Stamford Bridge Wednesday 7:45 PM GMT

The guys on BBC Newcastle were saying McEachran has the best ball control of any English youngster they'd seen in quite a while and looks to have a big future. As for Van Aanholt, I wish he'd managed to get that loan turned into a permanent deal, we still don't have adequate LB cover, although Ferguson impressed here he isn't up to that standard.

yer touch wood McEachran will keep progressing because Chelsea and England could really have a star on their hands. Yer Van Aanholt was flying down the left made a goal and scored a goal. well done though mate.

i think chelsea did pretty well to come back from 3-1 down with a weakened side and josh mcEachran and van aanholt looked amazing tonight its a shame sturridge did nothing and just wasted opportunities :( wasnt too pleased with yuri zhirkov either the so called russian ronaldinho or whatever lol what a waste of money he has turned out to be

To be fair, Zhirkov has yet to get a chance to prove himself, only 18 starts in a season + 4 weeks.

Forget Mcwhateverhisnameis, what about Ranger! :D

Anelka is a proven player, who will score if the service is there. Turnbull(who I went to school with, as well as another Boro GK, Jason Steele) is not Premier League quality. Hilario is way ahead in quality. McEachran looks a prospect though, fantastic player.

yer i think sometimes Anelka goes un-noticed but he was the main man today so he really stood out. I agree i would rather of had Hilario but he is injured at the moment. And yer i am really excited with Josh.

Nile Ranger has a big future for england i think anyway, him and carroll will terrorise defences in future! And for McEachran he really does look a good footballr and his touch andcontrol and embience on the ball are amazing.

TOOOOOONNN ARMY!!!! i had a cheeky £2 bet on newcastle at 8/1 cheers william hill

Forget Mcwhateverhisnameis, what about Ranger! :D

Shame he couldn't get that chance about two minutes after his first, or maybe it's a good job he didn't, don't want him attracting too much attention from the big wallets =P

Nile Ranger has a big future for england i think anyway, him and carroll will terrorise defences in future! And for McEachran he really does look a good footballr and his touch andcontrol and embience on the ball are amazing.

the last time i got this excited about an English youngster was Rooney. I honestly think this lad is something special.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Neil Barnet who reports for ChelseaTV has just interviewed Ancielotti and said to Carlo '' I have been watching Chelsea for over 50 years and have seen the likes of Osgood and Harris come through at a early age but McEachran looks something really special''.

Chelsea were flattered, in my opinion - Anelka brought them back into contention almost single-handedly. McEachran looks like one **** of a prospect, his first touch was superb and he was going looking for the ball in almost Gerrard-esque fashion. Looks like he has a range of passing as well, and he tested Krul from distance. All at 17 too...let's hope Chelsea actually play him and let him develop in the first team.

So pleased with Newcastle - by no means did we put out a full strength team (and why would we, huge game at home to Stoke on Sunday), but the squad players performed magnificently and their performance is proof of what a fantastic job Chris Hughton has done at this football club. Say what you like about Chelsea's 'weakened team', the fact a Newcastle side has gone to Stamford Bridge and come away with a win after the two years we've had is a phenomenal result.

Chelsea were flattered, in my opinion - Anelka brought them back into contention almost single-handedly. McEachran looks like one **** of a prospect, his first touch was superb and he was going looking for the ball in almost Gerrard-esque fashion. Looks like he has a range of passing as well, and he tested Krul from distance. All at 17 too...let's hope Chelsea actually play him and let him develop in the first team.

So pleased with Newcastle - by no means did we put out a full strength team (and why would we, huge game at home to Stoke on Sunday), but the squad players performed magnificently and their performance is proof of what a fantastic job Chris Hughton has done at this football club. Say what you like about Chelsea's 'weakened team', the fact a Newcastle side has gone to Stamford Bridge and come away with a win after the two years we've had is a phenomenal result.

no one is denying that not even me. But as a Chelsea fan personly i think their was so many positives to take from this game.

Conclution well done Newcastle on the whole you proberly deserved to win the game so good luck with the rest of the tournement.

Please don't use the word "proberly", it ****** me off. It is probably.

For obvious reasons I am delighted with the result, makes the road to the latter rounds much easier.

Please don't use the word "proberly", it ****** me off. It is probably.

For obvious reasons I am delighted with the result, makes the road to the latter rounds much easier.

it dosen't **** me off ;)

that was a joke of a penalty decision

that was a joke of a penalty decision

definatly, when i was watching it live i said thats not a pen. Although i think their was a case that Taylor should have been sent off he killed Kakuta with that tackle, Kakuta was lively before that challenge.

definatly, when i was watching it live i said thats not a pen. Although i think their was a case that Taylor should have been sent off he killed Kakuta with that tackle, Kakuta was lively before that challenge.
that challenge was horrible, really really horrible

that challenge was horrible, really really horrible

just makes you think if he did get sent off like he should have he wouldn't have been on the pitch to take that free-kick. its a shame it didn't show more highlights we didn't get to see much of McEachran.

It was a great game without a doubt ! The penalty was harsh, because Alex is such a strong lad and he fell so easily .. Well, Newcastle had luck by their side ..

just makes you think if he did get sent off like he should have he wouldn't have been on the pitch to take that free-kick. its a shame it didn't show more highlights we didn't get to see much of McEachran.

I honestly didn't think it was that bad of a tackle. Just Kakuta doing flips made it look worse than it was. Yellow card for me.

Here's a video on all McEachran's touches last night. People close to the club have been raving about him for a while, now maybe others will start to see why.

He reminds me of Jack Wilshire in his style of play.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf56xfUoLdA&feature=sub"]YouTube - Josh McEachran v Newcastle[/ame]

Just watched it on iPlayer. Ameobi's last goal was superb, as was Taylor's and Anelka's. Brilliant game.