• Chelsea Win

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Aston Villa Win

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And JT has proven me wrong, as I had my doubts about him once Carvalho had left. I don't know about Gabby, he's been injured a lot recently, hopefully he can spark a return to form for himself and the side. However, Heskey will probably start.

I'd of thought that Agbonlahor would start up front due to his pace. Only really Cole could keep within touching distance of him if they were to break away so I think he'd probably be better off than Heskey. Considering Terry, Essien, Drogba and Anelka are all expected to start and are all very good in the air it may cancel out Heskey's aerial threat, whereas Chelsea don't really have anyone capable of countering the threat of Gabby's pace.

Bruma is pretty quick actually, he has definatly got more pace than Ivanovic and Alex but yes on form Agbonlahour will eat him up obviously. Im glad people are saying these things about Terry and have recognised his form, i think he is playing some of his best football lately.

Thing about Gabby is, Bruma will need to be both quick and strong to deal with him. Physically, Gabby's more or less the perfect specimen, so if he plays he'll give Bruma a stern workout. Same goes for Heskey, actually, who when he gets up to speed is quite pacey.

Thing about Gabby is, Bruma will need to be both quick and strong to deal with him. Physically, Gabby's more or less the perfect specimen, so if he plays he'll give Bruma a stern workout. Same goes for Heskey, actually, who when he gets up to speed is quite pacey.

I have noticed that Gabby looks more stacked this season, maybe a pre-season in the gym i wouldn think but because of that i think he might have lost a little bit of his pace. But even so if he can learn to use his pace and strengh he can be a handful. Terry usualy has a tough time against Heskey as he does against Davies but Chelsea normally struggle to deal with Young more than anyone.

I have noticed that Gabby looks more stacked this season, maybe a pre-season in the gym i wouldn think but because of that i think he might have lost a little bit of his pace. But even so if he can learn to use his pace and strengh he can be a handful. Terry usualy has a tough time against Heskey as he does against Davies but Chelsea normally struggle to deal with Young more than anyone.

For "stacked" read "fat". Last year Gabby's size was perfect, maximising strength and keeping his pace, but he let himself get a bit out of shape over the off-season, whether through injury or not I do not know. He had a talk with Houllier, and has slowly worked himself back to his best shape, and should be coming into full readiness right about now, as his progress was slowed by injuries and illness. I think you're right though, he still has to learn how to use his pace and strength, and he needs to learn better off-the-ball movement to complement them both. That'll come though.

I think of all the people in the Prem I would take to deal with Heskey, either Terry or Vidic would be one of them, so I would imagine you'd have less trouble against him than otherwise. That said, with Albrighton's lethal crosses he's a handful, especially as he's on fire recently. Young's been consistently good this season, and it'll be up to Mikel and Essien to keep him quiet rather than Ivanovic/Bosingwa this game, due to his new central position.

For "stacked" read "fat". Last year Gabby's size was perfect, maximising strength and keeping his pace, but he let himself get a bit out of shape over the off-season, whether through injury or not I do not know. He had a talk with Houllier, and has slowly worked himself back to his best shape, and should be coming into full readiness right about now, as his progress was slowed by injuries and illness. I think you're right though, he still has to learn how to use his pace and strength, and he needs to learn better off-the-ball movement to complement them both. That'll come though.

I think of all the people in the Prem I would take to deal with Heskey, either Terry or Vidic would be one of them, so I would imagine you'd have less trouble against him than otherwise. That said, with Albrighton's lethal crosses he's a handful, especially as he's on fire recently. Young's been consistently good this season, and it'll be up to Mikel and Essien to keep him quiet rather than Ivanovic/Bosingwa this game, due to his new central position.

It'll be Bosingwa as Ivanovic is suspended, hence Bruma starting.

I agree. They'll have more problems with Gabby than Heskey, and to be fair to him, Agbonlahor is no slouch when it comes to headers either really..

Hopefully chelsea lose, i support city but i rather see Monkey-Bale and his team in the CL next year than Chelsea. ;)

Well Mikel has been ruled out through injury so i would think it would be Ramires's and Bosingwa's job to try and stop Young.

Well Mikel has been ruled out through injury so i would think it would be Ramires's and Bosingwa's job to try and stop Young.

Ramires' job eh? This is good... he's quick and strong, admittedly, but less positionally disciplined than Mikel at the minute, and hasn't set the world alight so far. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a good signing, but at the minute I know who I'd rather see in your team against us.

wont Essien be the holding man?

Wasted there, IMO.

Ramires' job eh? This is good... he's quick and strong, admittedly, but less positionally disciplined than Mikel at the minute, and hasn't set the world alight so far. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a good signing, but at the minute I know who I'd rather see in your team against us.

Wasted there, IMO.

Yer Ramires will need time to adapt, i think in the PL you have to be more diciplined and he is learning a new language, lifestyle etc. He has had a few really good games, he was excellent against Bolton the other day and got MOTM so i hope he can push on from this. But yer i would have picked Mikel if he was fit.

Come on Villa. Do us a mighty big favour.

I would presume that Chelsea will line up:

Cech
Bosingwa Bruma Terry Cole
Essien
Ramires Lampard
Anelka Malouda
Drogba​

Cech
Essien
Ramires Lampard
Anelka Malouda
Drogba​

This will be more sided than Ronaldo and Heskey's respective goalscoring records. :mad:

Cech
Essien
Ramires Lampard
Anelka Malouda
Drogba​

This will be more sided than Ronaldo and Heskey's respective goalscoring records. :mad:

Don't know what you mean ;) Leaves Cole plently of room to get up and down that wing! :D

I think the game will be alot more tighter than what people are giving Villa credit for. Obviously i hope not but i honestly think they will go to the Bridge with nothing to lose and put up a good fight.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Cech
Essien
Ramires Lampard
Anelka Malouda

Drogba​

I would think so mate yer, the only thing which is still not 100% is whether Anelka will start again so if he dosen't than it will be Kalou but i hope not.

Right, so I reckon our squad will look something along these lines:

Friedel
Lichaj Cuellar Collins Warnock
Petrov Reo-Coker
Albrighton Young Downing
Agbonlahor

Now that I look at that, it's a nice squad. We have hard-working and defensive disciplined wingers, Albrighton in particular, who will look to nullify Chelsea's fullbacks. Petrov's reliable distribution and cool head is something we've missed, and Reo-Coker's energy will be vital in matching Chelsea's all-action midfield. Lichaj is rather inexperienced, albeit a very good young player, so he'll need help from Marc. Speaking of Lichaj, watch out for him at throw-ins. New Rory Delap. ;)

I was impressed with Lichaj in the game against Spurs, I thought he did very well, and was unlucky not to score too. Coped with Bale well, but Malouda is a different kind of player. Should be a good test