• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge, Fulham, London
Kickoff: 13:00 - Live on SkySports 1 and HD1
Competition: Barclays Premier League round 20

Chelsea News:
The relief at finally winning a game on Wednesday must have been tempered somewhat for those who were aware of the consequences of the yellow card shown to Branislav Ivanovic who has been outstanding in the heart of Chelsea's defence in recent games. The card was his fifth of the season, bringing a single match suspension - just two days before the punishment threshold was raised to ten cautions.

Who will partner JT on Sunday? Back in November when the missing Serb was Chelsea's only senior centre-half available, Paulo Ferreira moved into the middle, with Jose Bosingwa at right-back. The game was Sunderland at the Bridge, and we all know how that turned out. Young Jeffrey Bruma was not considered ready for that match but has played in two Champions League games since. Another possibility would be to deploy Michael Essien in an occasional role which has been quite successful. The Double winners' options elsewhere in the team will depend on whether the likes of Jon Obi Mikel, Daniel Sturridge or Yuri Zhirkov are available again following injury.

Villa News:
Gerard Houllier can welcome back Emile Heskey though his movement is more restricted these days, the former England international has often caused even John Terry problems in the air. At set plays the Frenchman would expect his more powerful players such as centre-back James Collins, wide forward Gabriel Agbonlahor, and big John Carew, who is usually on the bench and does not always come on. The Norwegian missed the Christmas games having been stuck in his homeland due to snow.

Another threat from the bench is veteran former Arsenal wideman Robert Pires, although Villa have lost all five league matches in which the onetime France international has been involved since his arrival.

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Chelsea's home record in the league this season is seven wins against West Brom, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Fulham and Bolton, one draw with Everton and a defeat to Sunderland.
  • The Blues have fallen behind seven times in our last 10 league games.
  • Chelsea have scored six goals in the last nine league games and won nine points from the last possible 27.
  • Chelsea have conceded the fewest goals, 15 from 19 games, in the Barclays Premier League this term.
  • Frank Lampard has scored more goals for Chelsea against Aston Villa than any other team - 10.
  • Didier Drogba is due to make his 150th Premier League start in a blue shirt.
  • Salomon Kalou's next strike will be his 50th Chelsea goal
  • Happy Birthday to Ross Turnbull who celebrates his 26th birthday on Tuesday.
Villa Stats and Milestones:
  • Villa's 20 points is their lowest total at the turn of the year since the Premier League began in 1992.
  • Villa have lost five of their last six in the Barclays Premier League and won only one of their last seven. They have lost all seven matches in which they have conceded the opening goal.
  • Villa have the worst away record in the Premier League having won four points from a possible 27 with a -17 goal difference. They have won at Wolves, drawn with Fulham and lost at Newcastle, Stoke, Tottenham, Sunderland, Blackburn, Liverpool and Man City. They have won one point from their last six away games as well as a defeat to Birmingham in the League Cup.
  • The Villans have conceded 20 goals in their last eight Premier League outings and have not kept a clean sheet since 31 October.
  • No club have let in more league goals than Villa's 34, nine of which have been conceded in the final 10 minutes.
  • The Villans are one of seven clubs to have appeared in every season in the Premier League.
Head to Head:
Chelsea's Premier League record against the Villans at Stamford Bridge is:
1992/93 Villa won 1-0
1993/94 Drew 1-1
1994/95 Chelsea won 1-0
1995/96 Villa won 2-1
1996/97 Drew 1-1
1997/98 Villa won 1-0
1998/99 Chelsea won 2-1
1999/00 Chelsea won 1-0
2000/01 Chelsea won 1-0
2001/02 Villa won 3-1
2002/03 Chelsea won 2-0
2003/04 Chelsea won 1-0
2004/05 Chelsea won 1-0
2005/06 Chelsea won 2-1
2006/07 Drew 1-1
2007/08 Drew 4-4
2008/09 Chelsea won 2-0
2009/10 Chelsea won 7-1

Chelsea v Aston Villa in all competitions
Games played 141
Chelsea wins 53
Villa wins 55
Draws 33

Head to head in the League at Stamford Bridge
Games played 63
Chelsea wins 33
Villa wins 18
Draws 12

Biggest league win at Stamford Bridge for each team
27/03/2010 Chelsea 7-1 Aston Villa
19/09/1931 Chelsea 3-6 Aston Villa

Chelsea got their needed win, and Villa keep on losing. Don't see anything changing to be honest.

Chelsea 2-0 Aston Villa - Lampard, Essien

this is a very big game for chelsea imo, and i think they will win quite comfortably .

Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa - Drogba (2) Lampard(1)

I voted win for Chelsea. I see an utter spanking for us here, 4-0, Lampard, Drogba and Malouda x2.

Chelsea win. Given their recent form though, I can't predict huge wins. Can maybe see them going 2-0 or 2-1 winners.

Chelsea- Malouda, Drogba
Aston Villa- Albrighton (if they score)

Chelsea 3-1 Aston Villa
(Drogba,Anelka,Lampard)/(Heskey)
Should be routine, but they'll lose concentration in the last 15 mins.

hope for 1-1

think it will be 5 or 6 nil to chelsea :'(

Come on Villa. :(

Give us a chance to jump back into the top four.

Chelsea 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Chelsea 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Drogba, Malouda & Young with the goals.

Please don't play Ferreira at Centre Back and we should win ok.
Give Bruma a chance - we are supposed to be relying on these youngsters so time to play him!

Hope Villa up their game for this one and take points off Chelsea. Chelsea are not in greatest of form. Bolton were unlucky not to get a point, so i wont be writing Villa off. Agbonlahore should start. wither on wings or upfront. His Pace would be lethal against Chelsea's CBs.

please dont play Kalou...chelsea will win 2-0 (drogba and lampard)

voted for a Chelsea win, even if they're not in their best form, Villa is surprisingly ( spelling ) bad at the moment, sorry Villa fans :)

Although he's naturally a centre half, Gabby Agbonlahor could boss him about tomorrow...

Doubt it though. He'll have JT alongside.

Although he's naturally a centre half, Gabby Agbonlahor could boss him about tomorrow...

Doubt it though. He'll have JT alongside.

And JT has proven me wrong, as I had my doubts about him once Carvalho had left. I don't know about Gabby, he's been injured a lot recently, hopefully he can spark a return to form for himself and the side. However, Heskey will probably start.

Bruma is pretty quick actually, he has definatly got more pace than Ivanovic and Alex but yes on form Agbonlahour will eat him up obviously. Im glad people are saying these things about Terry and have recognised his form, i think he is playing some of his best football lately.