Status
Not open for further replies.

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Venue: Stamford Bridge - Fulham - London
When: Sunday 6th Ferbuary 2011 at 16:00 SkySports1
Competition: Barclays Premier League

Chelsea Team News:
When Fernando Torres said Chelsea is a team he'd rather play with than against, there must have been a few of the champions defenders ready to say they felt the same way about him. It goes without saying that the Blues are immensely strengthened by his acquisition.

Carlo Ancelotti said after the 4-2 win at the Stadium of Light that he could play the Spaniard as part of an attacking pair, hinting that a 4-diamond-2 formation was under consideration.
Playing and scoring from an advanced central midfield position in that victory, Nicolas Anelka produced one of his most influential performances of the season.

Yet as Tuesday at Sunderland again suggested, at times defending is still an issue for the Double winners. For that reason the arrival of David Luíz is equally exciting. The latest in half a teamful of Blues from Brazil, Chelsea's new no.4, aged 23, is fast, strong, skilful and an excellent passer. Whether Carlo Ancelotti decides to let him acclimatise further before throwing him into a game such as this is open to question. He can play anywhere in defence, and the Italian may feel inclined to return the more defensive Branaslav Ivanovic from centre- to right-back for this encounter.

Frank Lampard looked to be returning to his best, while Ramires and Florent Malouda were rested and started on the bench, having positive impacts when introduced. The squad no longer looks thin.

Liverpool Team News:
It's not just Fernando Torres, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson and Nicolas Anelka are up against their old club this weekend. The champions also welcome back former player Steve Clarke, who enjoyed such success here as assistant to José Mourinho. Clarke will be well-versed in how to counter a team whose core is fundamentally the one he helped mould between 2004 and 2008. Already since his arrival under Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool's defensive organisation has looked slightly better.

Dalglish has also found a more advanced role for our old Porto foe Raul Meireles, who suddenly has three goals in his last four matches.

The addition of new Uruguayan goal bandit Luis Suárez, who scored his first league goal since November against Stoke, was not the only difference. The Reds played with three central defenders against the towering Potters, and with Dirk Kuyt alone upfront.

Steven Gerrard, returned from suspension, played just behind, alongside Meireles, with Fábio Aurélio and Lucas Leiva in defensive midfield. Dalglish may ring further changes on Sunday. New Liverpool record signing Andy Carroll will miss the game through injury.

Chelsea Stats and Milestones:
  • Chelsea are on a run of four wins and a draw, scoring 18 goals since the defeat at Wolves and have picked up 13 points from the last 18 available.
  • Their home record in the league this season is eight wins against West Brom, Stoke, Blackpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn, two draws with Everton and Aston Villa and a defeat to Sunderland.
  • Chelsea have not lost a league game this season when opening the scoring.
  • The Blues have fallen behind in nine of their last 15 league games and have now come back to win twice - at Ewood Park against Blackburn in October and again at Sunderland on Tuesday.
  • No team has conceded fewer league goals than Chelsea's 21.
Liverpool Stats and Milestones:
  • Liverpool's last piece of silverware was the 2006 FA Cup when they defeated West Ham on penalties at the Millennium Stadium.
  • The Reds have the 18th best away record with eight points from a possible 36 on the road. Only Wolves have won fewer points away from home. They have won at Bolton and Wolves, drawn with Birmingham and Wigan and lost at Man City, Man Utd, Everton, Stoke, Tottenham, Newcastle, Blackburn and Blackpool.
  • Liverpool have won four points from the last 21 available away from Anfield, three of which were in their last away game at Wolves.
  • They have dropped 17 points from winning positions this term.
  • The Reds have conceded 31 league goals so far - they conceded a total of 35 goals in the whole of last season.
  • The Reds are one of seven clubs to have appeared in every season in the Premier League.
Head to Head:
Chelsea's Premier League record against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge is:
1992/93 Drew 0-0
1993/94 Chelsea won 1-0
1994/95 Drew 0-0
1995/96 Drew 2-2
1996/97 Chelsea won 1-0
1997/98 Chelsea won 4-1
1998/99 Chelsea won 2-1
1999/00 Chelsea won 2-0
2000/01 Chelsea won 3-0
2001/02 Chelsea won 4-0
2002/03 Chelsea won 2-1
2003/04 Liverpool won 1-0
2004/05 Chelsea won 1-0
2005/06 Chelsea won 2-0
2006/07 Chelsea won 1-0
2007/08 Drew 0-0
2008/09 Liverpool won 1-0
2009/10 Chelsea won 2-0

Chelsea v Liverpool in all competitions
Games played 159
Chelsea wins 56
Liverpool wins 70
Draws 33

Head-to-head in the league at Stamford Bridge
Games played 67
Chelsea wins 37
Liverpool wins 16
Draws 14

Biggest league win at Stamford Bridge for each team
Chelsea 6-1 Liverpool 28/08/1937
Chelsea 2-5 Liverpool 16/12/1989

All time PremierLeague Table:
1 Man Utd - 1548 points
2 Arsenal - 1360
3 Chelsea - 1311
4 Liverpool - 1259
5 Aston Villa - 1031
6 Tottenham - 996

Days Since:
Chelsea won the league: 272
Liverpool won the league: 7,581
Arsenal won a trophy: 2,086
Liverpool won a trophy: 1,729

This seasons reverse fixture:

As we can see Liverpool have a poor record at Stamford Bridge and i am confident it will continue on Sunday. Both sides are going into this game on a high and on the back of 3 wins in a row in the PL. This game has got a Torres goal written all over it and for that i think Chelsea will win 3-0. The lads played out of this world on Tuesday and their is a huge buzz around the Bridge once again.

Little thing to think about, Fernando Torres's first goal for Liverpool was against Chelsea... irony??? We shall see.

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

Anelka
Kuyt
Suarez

IMO it goes either one of 2 ways Liverpool get hammered by 3+ or Liverpool rides their luck and wins 1-0. I say this because Anelka and Malouda have stated play out of their skins once they heard Torres was on the way. But I can see Liverpool players wanting to show up Torres and be driven on by the rather snide comments he made during the 1st Chelsea interview

Big big big game. Just want to see us go there an play like we can. Get stuck in to them an show them the old Liverpools back. Think were gonna struggle at the back against them with Kelly and Johnson to be honest. Think it will be a draw. 1-1 Hopefully Gerrard/Suarez hopefully not Torres.

Big big big game. Just want to see us go there an play like we can. Get stuck in to them an show them the old Liverpools back. Think were gonna struggle at the back against them with Kelly and Johnson to be honest. Think it will be a draw. 1-1 Hopefully Gerrard/Suarez hopefully not Torres.

Kelly? Kelly as in our best defender?

2-1 to Liverpool

Raul Meireles & Steven Gerrard :wub:

Drogba for Chelsea

Kelly? Kelly as in our best defender?

Aggers our best defender. I have faith in Kelly just think Malouda, Drogba and Torres attacking him might be a bit to much. Sure he will prove me wrong as he keeps proving everyone wrong every week but I'm not sure. Gonna have a battle with Ashley Cole aswell don't forget.

Ill be suprised if Malouda starts actually, this is what i think the side will be:
GK: Cech
DL: Cole
DR: Bosingwa
DC: Terry
DC: Ivanovic
DM: Mikel
CM: Essien
CM: Lampard
AM: Anelka
ST: Drogba
ST: Torres

Both teams have had a bad patch this season, Liverpool's has obviously been worse but since King Kenny took over we've gained more confidence and we've been playing some really nice football, as you can see in the OP we've already beaten Chelsea this season, granted the player who got both goals is now a Chelsea player I still think we'll win again..

The Liverpool player will know Torres and how he plays more then anyone else in the league, so I feel if any team can stop him from scoring surely it'll be Liverpool?

Chelsea 1 - 3 Liverpool

Drogba
-----
Suarez
Gerrard
Kuyt

Liverpool to score the first two goals, Chelsea to score and have a period where they look like they'll get back on terms and we'll end the game pretty late on.

Aggers our best defender. I have faith in Kelly just think Malouda, Drogba and Torres attacking him might be a bit to much. Sure he will prove me wrong as he keeps proving everyone wrong every week but I'm not sure. Gonna have a battle with Ashley Cole aswell don't forget.

Kelly is less error-prone than Agger but yeah Agger offers a lot to the side. The lad hasn't put a foot wrong and I know he is young and inexperienced but if you're good enough you're old enough. He's played some big games for us and has been brilliant so far. Hope Johno isn't playing though!

Both teams have had a bad patch this season, Liverpool's has obviously been worse but since King Kenny took over we've gained more confidence and we've been playing some really nice football, as you can see in the OP we've already beaten Chelsea this season, granted the player who got both goals is now a Chelsea player I still think we'll win again..

The Liverpool player will know Torres and how he plays more then anyone else in the league, so I feel if any team can stop him from scoring surely it'll be Liverpool?

Chelsea 1 - 3 Liverpool

Drogba
-----
Suarez
Gerrard
Kuyt

Liverpool to score the first two goals, Chelsea to score and have a period where they look like they'll get back on terms and we'll end the game pretty late on.

But i can also flip that and say if anyone knows how to beat your defence its Torres?

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

2 wins at Stamford Bridge for Liverpool since the start of the PremierLeague dosnt make good reading.

But i can also flip that and say if anyone knows how to beat your defence its Torres?

Very true.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see?

But I really don't think Torres will score. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool

Torres, Ivanovic

Very true.

But I really don't think Torres will score. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

It makes for an entertaining build up mate thats for sure. Saying this Torres might not even start, Ancelotti may feel he is not in the right frame of mind. I hope not though it will make the game alot more intresting.

I have spoken to alot of Chelsea fans today and from the ones i spoke to Joe Cole can expect a very warm recpetion on Sunday and rightfully so.

Very true.

Playing against someone in training, is completely different to playing against someone in a game.
So, both arguments are invalid :)

Liverpool to win hopefully.

It makes for an entertaining build up mate thats for sure. Saying this Torres might not even start, Ancelotti may feel he is not in the right frame of mind. I hope not though it will make the game alot more intresting.

I have spoken to alot of Chelsea fans today and from the ones i spoke to Joe Cole can expect a very warm recpetion on Sunday and rightfully so.

I'm really looking forward to the game, I've been doing what I can around the house just so my mother will let me watch it on the big TV downstairs, she normally watches ****** Sunday TV. I'd normally just watch the games on my TV but with game like this the bigger the better.. It's got potential to be one of the best games of the season.

I don't think Cole will even get onto the pitch, and if he does it'll be towards the end of the game just for the simple fact it's against his old team, but he does deserve a warm welcome back. He did an awful lot for your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.