Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/3/2011

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be abit of an emmotional atmosphere at the Bridge tonignt also as its 5 years today since Peter Osgood past away. Would love a Chelsea 1-0 win with Lampard (someone who knew him well) to score a penalty infront of the Utd fans at the Shed End which is the penalty spot were Peter Osgood's ashes are buried. What a fitting tribute that would be.

Top goal scores in United Vs Chelsea tie
Top Goal Scorers
SoccerPunter show you the all time goal scorers for all the meetings of Manchester United vs Chelsea. If you want to bet on the first goal scorer or player to score anytime during the match, you must not miss this section! Note that some of the players may already have left the team.
Goal Scorer
Soccer Team Goals Eidur Gudjohnsen
Chelsea​
3 Goals​
Frank Lampard
Chelsea​
3 Goals​
Ricardo Carvalho
Chelsea​
3 Goals​
Wayne Rooney
Manchester United​
3 Goals​

Decent. Thats it.. If he had a record like Drogba against Arsenal then i would have said, yes he destroyed defense. Not with that stats.

And i dont think anyone would say Drogba was Vida's ***** forever until he scored last season, where he didn't score a league goal against United.

Drogba has never been great agianst Utd and he is out of form so i dont expect him to start. Anelka on the other hand has a pretty good win record against Utd and played very well at OT last season. He is also our only on goalscoring form stiker at the moment and is playing where he should be playing which is on the shoulder of the defence.

The match wont be won upfront anyway, the battle in midfield will determine if anyone picks up 3points today.

Yeah it will be mid field battle. Sad that Anderson is injured. We needed his energy in the middle.

Yeah it will be mid field battle. Sad that Anderson is injured. We needed his energy in the middle.

Yer he has usualy done well against Chelsea. Utd will need someone to track Ramires and Anderson could have done that.

Yer he has usualy done well against Chelsea. Utd will need someone to track Ramires and Anderson could have done that.

We have Fletcher who can do that, but his form has not been that good. And Anderson upper body strength is excellent and shields ball very well. And also he carries ball from defense very well which Fletcher is struggling to do this season.

We have Fletcher who can do that, but his form has not been that good. And Anderson upper body strength is excellent and shields ball very well. And also he carries ball from defense very well which Fletcher is struggling to do this season.

Yer Fletcher could do it but i think with Ramires's pace then Anderson would have suited him more. Will be intresting to see how the sides line up then we will know more about the battles etc etc.

We are going to win 2-0 i think... I am almost sure of it... Vidic will play like a monster as usual.... Rooney to score and Fletcher to score. :)

Its going to be a cracker of a match, and I can see a few handbags flying. I'm going to stick my head on the line, and say 1-0 Chelsea. Lampard set up by Torres, who has a great match. The win puts Chelsea above Spurs, and then a chance to leap-frog Man City if they beat Birmingham.

I'm a nervous wreck!! I really want to see Hernandez or Chris Smalling to score the winner.

I'm a nervous wreck!! I really want to see Hernandez or Chris Smalling to score the winner.

Lol, looking at you sig, i always feel that you are telling something to me..

And check out King training photos. With first team squad ;)

Praying that Chelsea win or even draw so it helps us

a win would be nice, a draw wouldn't be to bad and a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world. feeling fairly confident as the game approaches, like i said yeserday as long as United come away from here and Anfield on Sunday without to much damage, i'd say one hand is on the trophy for us.

He won't score against United, he plays very badly this year the only good game he played was against Chelsea on Anfield. Btw this will be a tactical battle so I don't think there will be that much goals.
I think he might, pleasee;)
and yeah but rarely you would get an exciting game with the big games, like man u 4-3 man city. And Man City are so boring.

The best attack against the best defence. I think this says what type of game it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.