Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/3/2011

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesing to see how we line up. Whether it is a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

Hernandez has given no reason to drop him and has delivered every time. On the other hand Berbatov has not played much in the past 2-3 weeks and he is the league top scorer. We need Rooney's energy/workrate in the middle. It is a nice headache to have for a manager.

I think Hernandez might get a nod as Terry is not that quick and Hernandez always likes to play on the last man shoulders.. Chelsea do try to press higher up the pitch and if Hernandez starts i think we can create few good goal scoring chances.
But I think Fergie will field 4-5-1 . We need the trio Fletcher-Carrick-Scholes to combat Chelsea's midfield because they'll use a diamond. Anyway has Giggs returned?Rooney can play wide at the left with Hernandez/Berba as lone forward. I think it'll be a tight game for both side

Come on Chelsea,

My prediction

2-1 Chelsea

Torres 2X
Rooney

Should be a close, defensive, boring game. I think Chicharito will come off the bench to score in the 80 somethingth minute. 1-0 ManU. The off the field distractions won't have helped Chelsea. I do think though that Chelsea will still be able to grab the 4th spot though, and ManCity will fall to 5th right at the end of the season. Although I actually would prefer ManCity to qualify for the Champions League to Chelsea, for variety's sake.

Last edited:
Chelsea 1 - 3 United

Drogba
----------
Rooney
Nani
Berbatov

If United can get 3 points from this game, and then 3 points from the Liverpool game it's pretty safe to say they'll have pretty much won the league.. So I'm hoping they don't win either.

But with the way Chelsea & Liverpool have been this season in contrast to United the probably will win both games, and go on to win the league.

Although I can't stand with both, I think ManU will win tonight. Their team blend is much better than chelsea's. Ancelotti has to find a way to play Torres and Drogba together. As long he doesn't manage it they won't reach their potential. My result: 2-1 for ManU

not even sure ill watch the match tonight, with the amount of hassle at work at the mo, not sure i need the extra stress tonight

He won't score against United, he plays very badly this year the only good game he played was against Chelsea on Anfield. Btw this will be a tactical battle so I don't think there will be that much goals.

Yes he has had a poor season but this is one game. Torres played well in Copenhagan?? Also he statisicly plays well against Utd so who knows, maybe this is the game he wants right now.

If Hernandez is going to start I'd prefer it to be for Berbatov. I feel Rooney's work rate will be needed against Chelsea at the Bridge. And we'll probably play Rooney as a lone man anyway.

Stat of the day: If Chelsea lose to Man Utd tonight then they will be as close to the top of the league as they are the bottem.

Stat of the day: If Chelsea lose to Man Utd tonight then they will be as close to the top of the league as they are the bottem.
never thought i'd see a stat like that concerning chelsea in the Roman Era

Yes he has had a poor season but this is one game. Torres played well in Copenhagan?? Also he statisicly plays well against Utd so who knows, maybe this is the game he wants right now.

197 mins for a goal is not that good stat. It is an Ok stat. He had 2 odd good games, and world cried about how he was always good against United.

never thought i'd see a stat like that concerning chelsea in the Roman Era

Tell me about it, it tells us 2 things. One is that Chelsea are way off the pace and the second is that all the teams in the PL are at a better class this season because of the points they have gained.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

197 mins for a goal is not that good stat. It is an Ok stat. He had 2 odd good games, and world cried about how he was always good against United.

He has featured in 3 games and every game he has looked fitter and much more involved and confident. Sometimes stats are mis-leading.

Tell me about it, it tells us 2 things. One is that Chelsea are way off the pace and the second is that all the teams in the PL are at a better class this season because of the points they have gained.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

He has featured in 3 games and every game he has looked fitter and much more involved and confident. Sometimes stats are mis-leading.

:S The stat i gave was his record against United. Check the last page, i have posted a pic which shows Chelsea striker's record against United.

Too much can be read into stats. They can't fully represent a player's performance.

:S The stat i gave was his record against United. Check the last page, i have posted a pic which shows Chelsea striker's record against United.

Ah my bad mate i thought you ment his Chelsea record. That still isent bad mate, try and find Rooney and Berbas strike rate against Chelsea and i can guarrentee its worse. 3 in 7 is pretty good and he is now playing for a team who historicy play well and beat Man Utd on a regular basis.

Ah my bad mate i thought you ment his Chelsea record. That still isent bad mate, try and find Rooney and Berbas strike rate against Chelsea and i can guarrentee its worse. 3 in 7 is pretty good and he is now playing for a team who historicy play well and beat Man Utd on a regular basis.

But point is No one goes on about how Rooney destroyed Chelsea or Berba gave mares to Chelsea's defense..

But point is No one goes on about how Rooney destroyed Chelsea or Berba gave mares to Chelsea's defense..

Yer because their record isent great thats why. Torres's record is pretty decent against Utd.

Yer because their record isent great thats why. Torres's record is pretty decent against Utd.

Decent. Thats it.. If he had a record like Drogba against Arsenal then i would have said, yes he destroyed defense. Not with that stats.

And i dont think anyone would say Drogba was Vida's ***** forever until he scored last season, where he didn't score a league goal against United.

Status
Not open for further replies.