Chelsea vs Manchester United - 1/4 Final UCL - 6/4/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely buzzing! Great performance from the team and surprisingly good atmosphere tonight.

Think we deserved the game over the 2 legs and we did seem in control.

Chelsea did start the better team tonight but after that initial period of pressure they didn't really threaten us untill the goal (great finish)

Ryan Giggs - Is this guy on steroids? Simply outstanding, can't believe he is 37, unbelievable. Best player to play for United in my honest opinion. Not much more to say about the man, just truly ******* unbelievable.

Park - Outstanding today, when he plays you know you will get a shift from him and that is why he is loved. He will run all day long and put 100% in for the team. Amazing <3

Hernandez - Amazing - always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I think most of us United fans thought that Chicharito would have a small part to play this season and over the years would get his chance but 17 goals first season is just unbelieveable. 6 million he costs and for him to be keeping Berbatov who is the top goal scorer in the league out of the side shows what a great player he is. Rooney and Chicharito combination is just amazing and hope to carry on seeing it for years to come. Some United fans saying Hernandez one of SAF's best signings ever which is saying something.

Vididc - Absolute tank. Beast of a man. Solid once again today - Didn't look troubled the whole match and think he has put the Torres problem behind him.

Could have a word about all players, everyone played there part. Rooney seems to be back to his best in that number 10 role and with Hernandez up front it seems to work wonders. Ferdinand battled through what seemed to be an early injury. Still a great defender, need him to play as many games as possible. VDS, 40 years old and still playing at the top level. Amazing, 1 more season please Edwin.

Don't really understand why Torres started over Drogba tonight. Quite clear Torres is still settling in and he should be given time, but when you have one of the best in the world who is proven and fits into your system perfectly I don't need to see why changes need to be made. It is obvious Torres is a great player, he just needs time.

Seen some people saying Chelsea need to have a clearout and they have an ageing squad. Completely disagree, can understand one or two players may need to leave but they have a quality squad, even at the start of the season everyone was saying they were going to walk the league after the start they had. Same squad (Plus Torres and Luiz who only add strength to it), obviously a quality team who is capable of challenging on every level. Chelsea fans need not to worry about Lampard and other players ageing. Think some of the United players VDS, Scholes and Giggs as well as other names across Europe such as Raul have shown you can still ooze quality at 35+. That experience combined with some of the exciting prospects coming through shows to me that drastic changes at Chelsea don't have to be made. If Ancelotti was sacked who would Chelsea bring in? Can't think of many better names out there, Roman needs to give his managers some time.

Anyway, what a great result for United. Bring on Schalke (Or Inter),hopefully will get another away trip and can't wait.

Awesome..

Vidic having torrid time against Torres is just bs. Torres has played 10 games against United, scored 3 goals. It is so funny how people think Vida fears Torres.

Haven't seen the full game but excited about the result.

May I add that torres is probably in the worst form he's ever been in, so don't think Vidic is the best defender to have walked the planet because Torres didn't get the better of him last night, and this is coming from a bitter liverpool fan.

When drogba scored last night I was thinking "yes! what a 15 minutes this will be!".... Screw you park! Well done to united, I still think Barca are winning this tournament though.

Oh, and chelsea should be used to playing with 10 men. They've been doing it since January. *hides*

May I add that torres is probably in the worst form he's ever been in, so don't think Vidic is the best defender to have walked the planet because Torres didn't get the better of him last night, and this is coming from a bitter liverpool fan.

When drogba scored last night I was thinking "yes! what a 15 minutes this will be!".... Screw you park! Well done to united, I still think Barca are winning this tournament though.

Oh, and chelsea should be used to playing with 10 men. They've been doing it since January. *hides*

Sigh no one said that about Vidic, so not sure where you've brought that in, probably should read the thread first.

Last edited:
Struggling to read what you've put in a sentence there, but I'm pretty sure you've tried to say that no one has said anything about vidic..

I was referring to your response 4 or 5 posts ago.

Struggling to read what you've put in a sentence there, but I'm pretty sure you've tried to say that no one has said anything about vidic..

I was referring to your response 4 or 5 posts ago.

you should get your eyes checked,since its not my response; its an article from the guardian, and nowhere does it call him best defender to have walked the planet oO)

Status
Not open for further replies.