Chelsea vs Manchester United (19/12/ 2010 Sunday)

Winners

• Chelsea wins

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Man Utd wins

Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect Chelsea to show why they were champions last year and win this, however i voted United because this league at the moment is far from predictable

good game in prospect...

Just thought i would let Chelsea fans know Lampard played 60minutes in a full intensity training match today even scoring as it ended 5-3 with Daniel Sturridge scoring a hat-rick and setting up a goal also. By the way the match was 11v11 all first team players 30minutes a half. Kakuta and McEachran were the other scorers for the winning side as Anelka opened the scoring for the losing side. Danny Sturridges 2nd goal was from the half way line lobbing keeper Petr Cech. All in all the biggest possitive is that Lamps is training very well.

Just thought i would let Chelsea fans know Lampard played 60minutes in a full intensity training match today even scoring as it ended 5-3 with Daniel Sturridge scoring a hat-rick and setting up a goal also. By the way the match was 11v11 all first team players 30minutes a half. Kakuta and McEachran were the other scorers for the winning side as Anelka opened the scoring for the losing side. Danny Sturridges 2nd goal was from the half way line lobbing keeper Petr Cech. All in all the biggest possitive is that Lamps is training very well.

Great to know, without Lamps we really look an average side, all the more reason to get a creative mid in January

Frank Lampard is going to start on Sunday as long as he has no reaction to the training match today, which so far nothing has been reported. Also, I heard differently to the teams. I read it was Chelsea first team against another team made up of the reserves and Under-18's. Not saying I'm right, but that's what BBC say.

Anyway, Rio and Vidic are in excellent form at the moment and it looks very difficult to break us down at the minute. Rafael I think will be able to handle Malouda reasonably well, as he's been able to stop every other left winger he's come up against this season (including Gareth Bale), and well Evra being Evra should stop Anelka.

Saying that, I don't think we'll got 4-4-2 away at Stamford Bridge. We'll probably play a very similiar if not the same team that we played vs Arsenal, meaning Rooney will be isolated up top against two very strong aerial defenders in Terry and Ivanovic. If Nani is playing from the left, which I'd expect considering Malouda will be on Chelsea's left and Anelka won't drop back, I think Nani can have the better of Ferreira and Park will do his usual job and constantly running and not letting the danger man out of his sights.

Anderson will boss Ramires in CM if he plays, Lampard will be in his first start for 3 months, so an early Fletcher challenge could rough him up a bit, and Mikel will do his usual square/backwards passing.

Should be an excellent game, but as CJACKO said I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw anyway. Away against on of our main title rivals already top of the league with a game in hand and the 2 rivals face eachother next week while we're at home to Sunderland.

Still think a draw will be the final result, but as I said I wouldn't be surprised to see either side pick up a win.

Frank Lampard is going to start on Sunday as long as he has no reaction to the training match today, which so far nothing has been reported. Also, I heard differently to the teams. I read it was Chelsea first team against another team made up of the reserves and Under-18's. Not saying I'm right, but that's what BBC say.

Anyway, Rio and Vidic are in excellent form at the moment and it looks very difficult to break us down at the minute. Rafael I think will be able to handle Malouda reasonably well, as he's been able to stop every other left winger he's come up against this season (including Gareth Bale), and well Evra being Evra should stop Anelka.

Saying that, I don't think we'll got 4-4-2 away at Stamford Bridge. We'll probably play a very similiar if not the same team that we played vs Arsenal, meaning Rooney will be isolated up top against two very strong aerial defenders in Terry and Ivanovic. If Nani is playing from the left, which I'd expect considering Malouda will be on Chelsea's left and Anelka won't drop back, I think Nani can have the better of Ferreira and Park will do his usual job and constantly running and not letting the danger man out of his sights.

Anderson will boss Ramires in CM if he plays, Lampard will be in his first start for 3 months, so an early Fletcher challenge could rough him up a bit, and Mikel will do his usual square/backwards passing.

Should be an excellent game, but as CJACKO said I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw anyway. Away against on of our main title rivals already top of the league with a game in hand and the 2 rivals face eachother next week while we're at home to Sunderland.

Still think a draw will be the final result, but as I said I wouldn't be surprised to see either side pick up a win.

I can confirm the sides as iv seen the goals on ChelseaTV. The side that lost had Lampard, Terry, Cole and Anelka in it lol.

Carlo Ancelotti said we will beat man utd and thats for sure

I think Chelsea 3-1,
Drogba netting 2 and Rooney will find the back of the net with one from the penalty spot.

Chelsea win.

I am sure, Ancelotti is hyping his team up for this- Chelsea did very well last week, and after it the confidence in the camp, has grown. Chelsea's record against Big Teams with Ancelotti is also impressive- Beating Man United home and away last season, shows Ancelotti may have a slight edge over Ferguson.

Lampard is a big introduction into the Chelsea 11 (If he starts) the amount of goals from midfield he produces, and the play he brings to chelsea has been missed since August. I've always seen Drogba having the better of Rio Ferdinand, and if Rafael plays (Isn't he RB?) then Malouda should have him chasing shadows (Or snow-tracks)

On the day any team can win this game- Expect it not to be a thriller of the game, as Chelsea don't want to risk toomuch, with their shaky defence. Berbatov is inconsitent and Rooney in poor form could be the key OR they could at the best, which would surely see Man United win.

My prediction: Chelsea 2 - 0 Man United (Drogba, Lampard)

Utd don't need to win as Chelsea cannot afford to lose, we win 6 points ahead with a game in hand and that will be against Blackpool. But for me a 1-1 draw, Utd scoring first, then a disputed offside or pen for Chelsea like last year at OT.

Chelsea win.

I am sure, Ancelotti is hyping his team up for this- Chelsea did very well last week, and after it the confidence in the camp, has grown. Chelsea's record against Big Teams with Ancelotti is also impressive- Beating Man United home and away last season, shows Ancelotti may have a slight edge over Ferguson.

Lampard is a big introduction into the Chelsea 11 (If he starts) the amount of goals from midfield he produces, and the play he brings to chelsea has been missed since August. I've always seen Drogba having the better of Rio Ferdinand, and if Rafael plays (Isn't he RB?) then Malouda should have him chasing shadows (Or snow-tracks)

On the day any team can win this game- Expect it not to be a thriller of the game, as Chelsea don't want to risk toomuch, with their shaky defence. Berbatov is inconsitent and Rooney in poor form could be the key OR they could at the best, which would surely see Man United win.

My prediction: Chelsea 2 - 0 Man United (Drogba, Lampard)

yes, some people are saying "chelsea recent form was poor, so how do you expect they can win against man utd "... then i will just say see what chelsea will do nothing else

Im good with a draw ♥
United will score first, probably Park, then, Chelsea will equillise with a goal from Frankie Lampard... AS ALWAYS, some stupid goal...

But, to be mean ... 0-3 for us, Dmitar hattrick , muaaahaha XD

Chelsea have not lost at home to Utd in the league under the Abramovic era.

Status
Not open for further replies.