Chelsea What is wrong behind the scenes- A general discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to take a mad guess here and assume Scott is bored so he's going on the troll?

Also, if Chelsea do 'decline' this season and lets say finish 4th at worst. Don't you think Abramovich will just reinvest in the squad and maybe even a new Manager. I know the man wants Chelsea to break even but he likes to win stuff so as long as he has the money, he won't let Chelsea decline.

Lampard's absence hasn't made a difference until abouta month ago. We've coped better without him than we probably would have with him. He's a very important player, but up until 4/5 games ago no one noticed he was missing.

All teams have important, key players and will suffer without them, but we have much more stand out players than most, when they're on form. Lampard, Cech, Terry, Ivanovic, Malouda, Anelka, and not forgetting Essien and Drogba. We can cope without 3/4 of these (except Cech), but it's all got a bit too much, and we do not have enough depth in the squad any more. Just pensioners (pun intended).

We've definitely missed Lampard's creativity, vision and passing ability from the start of November, and Drogba's dip in form is a contributing aspect.

All-in-all, the team aren't moving as quickly and with as much pace as in the start of the season, and last year, and the team are lacking confidence.

What happens in January will make or break out season. Another creative midfielder is needed. A goalkeeper to back-up Cech, a defender or two and a right winger, too.

On top of this, the fans need to support and encourage the team however experienced the team are. Regular boos do not help, although they're justified.

Last edited:
A player as good as Lampard you are looking at players like Kaka, Gerrard etc and these players don't want to be back up players. We bought in Ramires who in the long term i think Chelsea want him to mold him into a Lampard type player but that will take a year or 2.

Frank cant go on forever though, and the fact you have became so poor without him( if that is the real reason for this decline in form) is surely very worrying....

Did you ignore the rest of my points, because you agreed with them...

You talk about Lampard being vital, but he attacks and scores 20+ goals a season, doesnt stop you getting anally raped at home 3-0 to Sunderland?

Terry organises the defensive side of the team and Lampard organises the attaking movement of the side, surely thats simple to see.

A player as good as Lampard you are looking at players like Kaka, Gerrard etc and these players don't want to be back up players. We bought in Ramires who in the long term i think Chelsea want him to mold him into a Lampard type player but that will take a year or 2.

I'm sorry but you cant compare Lampard to players like Kaka. He's good but not that good.

Also another one for the Chelsea guys to remember in about 2 seasons or so your key players Drogba, Lampard JT aren't gonna be playing 50 games a season. Where as Man U & Arsenal are nurturing the youth players e.g Hernandez, Wilshire, Evans, Wojech blah blah

Thats one of the points on this thread that Chelsea's back-up players are too young?? So really your point is absolutely false.

Thats one of the points on this thread that Chelsea's back-up players are too young?? So really your point is absolutely false.

Or not good enough, you can be a good 20 year old, and an average one, For instant someone like Kakuta is not good enough to start for chelsea, and i dont think he ever will be.

I'm sorry but you cant compare Lampard to players like Kaka. He's good but not that good.

I mean to Chelsea, Lampard is that good for Chelsea you would need players of that ability to be able to be safe to back him up.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

Or not good enough, you can be a good 20 year old, and an average one, For instant someone like Kakuta is not good enough to start for chelsea, and i dont think he ever will be.

And i don't think Kakuta will be either, unless we change our system he won't fit in the squad at all. But there are alot of players that i am totally confident will make it.

And i don't think Kakuta will be either, unless we change our system he won't fit in the squad at all. But there are alot of players that i am totally confident will make it.

I honestly dont see it, i think players like Josh whatever his name, will be no more then a flash in the pan, Michael Woods comes to mind.... sturridge is just not a chelsea player... Bruma has played what a handful of games..... where are these players...

Chelsea's back up is awful, kalou and sturridge the main bench threats, with van aanholt mceachran usually on the bench, with their spending power they should ring in some back up, this is why ive always said this season they arent strong enough and with a few injuries drop points :)

also they need a new cb

I honestly dont see it, i think players like Josh whatever his name, will be no more then a flash in the pan, Michael Woods comes to mind.... sturridge is just not a chelsea player... Bruma has played what a handful of games..... where are these players...

I have to agree with you. McEachran is getting match experience, but I'm yet to notice him do anything decent. I believe his passing game is OK but other than that nothing stands out. Kakuta is **** to say the least, and no one else stands out for me.

josh maceachren may be good now but i have a feeling he may turn out to be like luke chadwick. anyone else remember when luke chadwick was compared to beckham when he was younger and just look where he is now

Thats just your opinion of McEachran not a fact. I have seen alot of these lads in the youth team and in the first team and some feature for the reserves this season. Van Aanholt is a very good talent and has proved it every time he has featured, Bruma is a solid 19 year old who already has a Dutch cap, Sturridge needs more starts simple as that his goal ratio from starting matches for Chelsea is very good indeed. Nemanja Matic played a handfull of games last season and looked alright indeed and is out playing reguarly for Vitesse.

Their are much more young lads who are being picked for levels above them which Chelsea have never really had im talking lads 15-17 which unless your a Chelsea fan you wouldnt know about.

josh maceachren may be good now but i have a feeling he may turn out to be like luke chadwick. anyone else remember when luke chadwick was compared to beckham when he was younger and just look where he is now

I have to agree...

from what I can see, McEachran = poor mans wilshere

Absolute joke what is being said on here about McEachran, the lad is 17 for ***** sake, its more about wishfull thinking than anything else with the comments.

Thats just your opinion of McEachran not a fact. I have seen alot of these lads in the youth team and in the first team and some feature for the reserves this season. Van Aanholt is a very good talent and has proved it every time he has featured, Bruma is a solid 19 year old who already has a Dutch cap, Sturridge needs more starts simple as that his goal ratio from starting matches for Chelsea is very good indeed. Nemanja Matic played a handfull of games last season and looked alright indeed and is out playing reguarly for Vitesse.

Their are much more young lads who are being picked for levels above them which Chelsea have never really had im talking lads 15-17 which unless your a Chelsea fan you wouldnt know about.
that goal to game ratio he probably got from the bench when you where 3-0 up and scored...

thats why i said i think, i never said it was fact. just the same ramble was said about woods, and look at him now..... A dutch cap means nothing, really, loads of players can get international caps. Van Aanholt is he really going to replace The best left back in the world. Is he anything better then a poor mans fabio???? Matic is what 23ish, so it is about time he was surely playing for chelsea if he was ever going to be good enough for your club starting XI. Sturridge starts against awful teams tbh.

Name some of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.