Meet The Squad - Strikers

article-2328974-0099055A00000514-265_634x399.jpg

Albert - Striker

View attachment 360546

Young Spaniard signed from Real Madrid for £5m a few years back now, had a bad spell on loan at Stoke. Might struggle to compete with others.

Harry Crook - Striker

View attachment 360547

Young Harry came through the youth academy a few years back. Come along nicely and will get chances this year.

Filippo Delbono - Striker

View attachment 360548

Signed last year, has great stats and did well at Swansea on loan last season. Second choice striker behind the main man.....

Islam Feruz - Striker

View attachment 360549

Spent a lot of time on loan, tore the Championship to threads last season. On loan again at Sheffield Wednesday, wanted him to get regular game time. Stats remind me of Zaha's on FM12.

Rafael Rotondo - Striker

View attachment 360552

My new Bertoli. Little Argentine signed in January last season for £4.4m his value has already nearly trebled!! Hoping he can lead the line for many years.

And thats the squad people!! We have loads of youngsters out on loan but no-one outstanding. Some might make it but not worth noting now :)

September 2016

Chelsea_Fc_4_Footballpictures.net.jpg

Tottenham in the Capital One Cup...
Drama against United as usual
Solid start in the Champions League

League Results

Swansea 1 - 3 Chelsea

Rotondo(2), Hazard

Rotondo on the double once more and Hazard notches as well. A straight forward win.

Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool

Zhenjun

Our little Chinese dynamo scores the winner against the scousers on his debut. Brilliant.

Manchester United 1 - 2 Chelsea

Rotondo, Wilshere

View attachment 360605

WOW. Matis gets a red minutes after coming on, then Rotondo scores in the 80th minute from nothing. Then Pascual was hacked down in the box and Wilshere showed great calmness to slot home for the winner.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup Results

Third Round

Chelsea 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur

Hughes, Pascual

View attachment 360608

The kids did well. Danny Carney really impressed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League Results

FC Kobenhavn 1 - 4 Chelsea

Hughes, Kalas, Hazard(2)

Very straight forward, good to get off to a winning start.

Chelsea 5 - 2 PSG

Hughes(2), Kalas, Kaboul OG, Rotondo

View attachment 360616

Massive win, we tore them to shreds in the first half meaning we could relax in the second half. Will Hughes was amazing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A perfect month in which we played very well indeed. Rotondo has continues his great form, Will Hughes has been superb and Courtois is borderline unbelievable on his day. The United game was incredible just when I was thinking we were down and out Rotondo produces something out of nothing. That's what make him a top player.

He also won his first International Cap which is great.

Player of the Month

Will Hughes

Will-Hughes-Chelsea.jpg

Straight up beast this month. Assists and goals in the bucket load. Showing great progress.

Tables

View attachment 360618View attachment 360619

Back in the mix in the league as long as we make those games in hand count. Taken control of our Champions League group too.​

Wilshere Out For Three Months

article-2143347-0E1C68A700000578-399_468x397.jpg

(Jack in the hospital after the game)

Chelsea midfielder Jack Wilshere is out injured for 3 months after suffering a torn hamstring in the recent match against Newcastle. Wilshere was sprinting after the ball and pulled up short in the 77th minute.

''Yeah Jack will be out for a long time. Its a huge loss, he's our vice captain and a brilliant player. Other players are going to have to step up and be counted but its a massive blow to our season. We all wish him the best of luck in his recovery.''

October 2016

Chelsea-celebrates121107Rbg.jpg

Injuries really pile up as Piazon, Anikin, Albert and Maris all join Wilshere on the sidelines
Absolutely thrilling match against Arsenal in the Capital One Cup
Destroy Norwich as Azpilicueta, Chalobah and Hazard tear them to shreds

League Results

Blackburn 0 - 1 Chelsea

Chalobah

Managed to rest a number of key players here and we still got the three points.

Nottinham Forest 0 - 2 Chelsea

Hazard, Rotondo

Underestimated Forest a bit here, took until the 70th minute for Hazard to produce a bit of magic. Rotondo sealed the points with a tidy finish.

Chelsea 0 - 0 Newcastle

Didn't turn up here, Wilshere picked up his injury in this game.

Chelsea 6 - 2 Norwich

Chalobah(2), Hazard(3), Rotondo

View attachment 360855

That's more like it!! Norwich couldn't handle Azpilicueta's long throws and deadly crosses. Good to see Hazard scoring a hat-trick too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Fourth Round

Chelsea 2 - 2 Arsenal
AET

Zhenjun, Pascual

View attachment 360858

What a match!! Used all my subs up then Anikin gets injured so we have to play with 10 men. Goes to ET Arsenal score twice so I throw everyone forward and we get 2 late, late goals and then win it on penalties thanks to Batalla's heroics in the net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Fernerbahce 1 - 5 Chelsea

Rotondo(2), Piazon, Pascual, Hazard

Brilliant result in the Champions League in Turkey. Full control of the group now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a very injury hit month could have derailed our season but that Norwich game has given me confidence in the youth we have in this club. Hazard has been putting in some amazing performances, he can just change a game with his skill and pace. Great results against Norwich and Fernebahce but hopefully all these injuries wont ruin us.

We've also done really well in the Champions League, all we need is another win and we're gonna be in the knockout stages. Also into the Quarters of the Capital One Cup and we have Southampton so should get past them. Batalla has really impressed him he's a very good keeper for his age and could possibly challenge Courtois in a few years.

Player of the Month

Eden Hazard

eden.jpg

Really hope he wins the Golden Ball or World Player of the Year.. so much love for him.

Tables

View attachment 360863View attachment 360864

Made ground in the league but Liverpool looking good this year!! Champions League group is simple enough win another game and we're through!!​

Chalobah and Hazard Shortlisted For World Player of the Year

0,,10268~11176276,00.jpg
Eden-Hazard-Chelsea-008.jpg

Two Chelsea players have been nominated for this years World Player of the Year.

Eden Hazard is an early favorite for the award, but Chalobah had an amazing year notching an impressive 15 goals from defence. He might be only 21 but the he's been handed the Chelsea captaincy as well this year. He also won the Euro's with England.

Eden Hazard has been knocking on the door for the past few years with many complaining of favoritism towards Lionel Messi. Hazard has won numerous titles at Chelsea and has been credited as their best player for many years now.

November 2016

Chelsea-fans-590x393.jpg

Champions League group basically won
Another thriller in the Capital One Cup
Brilliant league form continues

League

Chelsea 2 - 1 Tottenham

Hughes, Hazard

A solid win, they scored in the 92nd minute then had a player sent off in the 93rd!! Spurs also committed 28 fouls in this game!!

West Brom 0 - 2 Chelsea

Hughes, Hazard

The two H's do it again. West Brom were very hard to break down though but we deserved the win.

Manchester City 0 - 2 Chelsea

Rotondo, Zhenjun

View attachment 361124

What a win, we dominated City. Rotondo was immense and Zhenjun came on as a sub and bagged a nice goal.

Capital One Cup

Quarter Final

Chelsea 3 - 2 Southampton

Hazard, Maris, Redmond

View attachment 361125

Thrilling match as we went 2-0 up then nearly threw it away but Nathan Redmond gave us the win in the last minute!! On to the semi's we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Chelsea 5 - 0 Fenerbahce

Zhenjun, Rotondo(2), Colman OG, Ake

View attachment 361127

Brilliant result. Managed to rest some players here and still get a good result.

Chelsea 2 - 1 FC Kobenhavn

Hazard, Hughes

Our worst performance of the month. Should have won by a lot more, nearly drew it but Will Hughes scored in the 93rd minute to save our blushes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Another perfect month!! Some great results especially against City and Spurs its just the smaller teams we sometimes seem to struggle a bit against at times!! West Brom are no ''small'' team but we really did struggle a bit!!

Tan Zhenjun had a solid month and is nominated for Asian Young Player of the Year and is apparently favorite to win it. Also as you would have seen Hazard and Chalobah are nominated for the World Player of the Year!! Chalobah is still just 21 remember people, what an achievement for him.

Player of the Month

Will Hughes

4539618.jpg

Another great month from the lad. Lots of goals and assists too.

Tables

View attachment 361130View attachment 361131

Just one game left in the Champions League and its basically pointless unless PSG give us a spanking. The league's looking weird though with United struggling, if we win our games in hand we will storm clear. But we have the Club World Cup next month and will be even more behind in games!!​

Doing a similar challenge with Manchester City. The only over 21 player I signed was Pastore, but I needed a left winger and I got rid of Nasri. Signed Chalobah as well and I've got Kompany tutoring him! Hope he turns out as good as yours.

Really good read - keep up the good work!

Great work mate, an unbeaten season in the league would be nice!
It would indeed!! Not sure if we'll do it though.

Doing a similar challenge with Manchester City. The only over 21 player I signed was Pastore, but I needed a left winger and I got rid of Nasri. Signed Chalobah as well and I've got Kompany tutoring him! Hope he turns out as good as yours.

Really good read - keep up the good work!
Awesome mate, should have maybe got Muniain. I would of loved to have signed him. Chalobah is an absolute beast its unreal how good he's become for me.

Thanks mate :D

December 2016

CF+Monterrey+v+Chelsea+FC+FIFA+Club+World+mQr_1wNEoYnl.jpg

(Nice face Dave)

Club World Cup Final another thriller against Sao Paulo
Lose our last Champions League game
Injuries and game congestion really starting to take its toll

League

Chelsea 5 - 0 Fulham

Redmond, Pascaul, Bassilekin(2), Zhenjun

View attachment 361307

Superb result, Fabrice Bassilekin really did well in a more advanced role.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Reading

Hazard, Rotondo(2)

A fairly straight forward result with the devestating duo of Hazard and Rotondo getting the goals.

Southampton 0 - 0 Chelsea

Southampton were really struggling at the beginning of the year but since sacking their previous manager and getting Stale Solbakken in charge they've massively improved. They have some good players as well. Still a disappointing result for us.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Everton

Chalobah, Pogba, Kalas

Much better result, Pogba scored a lovely goal from outside the box. Then two goals from corners with Chalobah and Kalas getting them.

QPR 0 - 1 Chelsea

Wallace

Due to the amount of games we've had to play this month Wallace has been seeing some game time and has actually done quite well. He scored a fluke goal here but he's proved helpful this month.

Chelsea 1 - 0 Arsenal

Zhenjun

That boy Zhenjun scored a superb solo goal here in the 28th minute taking it round about 3 Arsenal defenders and powering it home to give us a massive 3 points.

Champions League

PSG 1 - 0 Chelsea

Wasn't too fussed about this as the group was basically done, rested a number of players as the Club World Cup was just days away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Club World Cup

Semi Final

Al Ittihad 1 - 2 Chelsea

Delbono, Pogba

I seriously underestimated these guys, Delbono FINALLY scored his first goal for the club in the 4th minute then just after half time Al Ittihad equalised!! It took a goal in the 88th minute from Paul Pogba to secure the result.

Final

Sao Paulo 2 - 4 Chelsea
AET

Rotondo, Chalobah, Zhenjun(2)

View attachment 361308

What a match!! A double from Zhenjun in extra time won us the World Championships!! Take a bow you little Chinese beauty.

Player of the Tournament
Tan Zhenjun

View attachment 361312

Great to see my little Chinese diamond winning his first personal award. Many more to come I feel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A hectic month as always in December with some young back-up players getting some game time which is always nice. We didn't concede a singly goal in the league this month which is absolutely outstanding. Courtois has notched up 12 clean sheets in the league already this season but somehow Pepe Reina is still ahead of him on 13!!

I'm not impressed with Delbono at all this season and I have my eye a regen from Arsenal who I will bid for and might cost me a fair whack but I'd love to develop an English striker. If this guy does come in its more than likely Delbono will be sent packing.

Also this month we had the Champions League Knockout Round draw!!! With Bayern the team to avoid on the opposite side to us lets see who we got....

View attachment 361311

Bayern!! Of course we would because lets face it, UEFA hate English teams. Good to see SI have incorporated this into the game.

Player of the Month

Tan Zhenjun

View attachment 361313

Nets the winner against Arsenal and wins Player of the Tournament at the Club World Cup. Great month from the lad.

Tables

View attachment 361314View attachment 361315

Finally top in the league. Can't let the Scousers win it can we!!!

Annual Awards

h-4-1342896-1228138795.jpg

World Golden Ball

1st. Lionel Messi
2nd. Eden Hazard
3rd. Cristiano Ronaldo

View attachment 361325

Messi wins it yet again. Even though Hazard plays 2 less games, only gets 2 less goals an more assists Messi's rating is still well above him and Ronaldo's. Hmmmm...

World Player of the Year

1st. Lionel Messi
2nd. Eden Hazard
3rd. Nathaniel Chalobah

View attachment 361326

Messi wins this one too!! Chalobah actually got into the top 3 of this one though which is great to see.

Asian Player of the Year

1st. Son Heung-Min
2nd. Tan Zhenjun
3rd. Keisuke Honda

View attachment 361329

Great to see Tan Zhenjun come second. Next year he should win it hopefully :)

World Team of the Year

View attachment 361330

Only Hazard and Chalobah make the starting 11 which is packed with Barcelona players. Dunno how De Gea beats Courtois....

England Best 11

View attachment 361340

After all that criticism of my inclusion of Ruben Loftus-Cheek he makes the starting 11 for English Team of the Year.​

January 2017

article-1090817-01568E9600000578-431_468x339.jpg

Crash out of the Capital One Cup
Make a meal out of easy ties in the FA Cup
Finally lose in the league

Transfers

View attachment 361660

No-one big leaving but I did make just one signing. We already have one Bassilekin at the club now I've signed an other also from PSG, maybe related I don't know if thats possible in FM. Anyway he looks like a great right winger. I did try and sign that English striker, agreed a transfer fee with Arsenal but he refused talks with me!!! Looks like club loyalty is still alive and kicking in 2017!!

Joseph Bassilekin

View attachment 361661

Looks pretty decent he is classed as a wonderkid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Chelsea 3 - 1 Swansea

Davies OG, Chalobah, Delbono

A solid win, Courtois finally concedes in the league. Delbono came on and bagged one in the last minute, hopefully he can kick on a bit as he has been disappointing this season.

Liverpool 1 - 0 Chelsea

Arghhh I don't like losing but especially not to Liverpool!!! They had TWO penalties in this game, Courtois saved the first but the second he dived the wrong way sadly. This was our first loss in the league this season too.

Chelsea 3 - 1 Manchester United

Wilshere, Chalobah, F.Bassilekin

That's more like it. 0-0 at half-time we won a penalty in the 55th minute, up stepped Jack Wilshere in his first game since coming back from injury he slotted home nicely. Then Rooney scored in the 80th minute and I though we were heading for a draw but Nat Chalobah scored a header from a corner shortly after then Fabrice Bassilekin scored a tap in late on. Great result.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Blackburn

Hughes, Wilshere

Tough game after Azpilicueta saw red in the 22nd minute. Cardozo scored just after, Will Hughes equalised just before half-time. Then just when I thought it was heading for a draw Jack Wilshere scored in the 93rd minute after Will Hughes' initial effort was saved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Semi-Final 1st Leg

Chelsea 1 - 2 Manchester United

Pogba

We got off to an awful start conceding twice in the first 12 minutes. Paul Pogba netted against his old team just before half-time and we pressed on from there but couldn't get another. Frustrating game.

Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 0 - 1 Chelsea
United win on away goals

Hughes

So close. Hughes netted early on and we had our chances but didn't take them. Piazon picked up a knock in this game early on and is out for 2 weeks.

FA Cup

Third Round

Swindon 1 - 2 Chelsea

Piazon, Hughes

Phew. This was waaaay too tight. Piazon scored a nice goal early on, but Swindon equalised early on in the second half. Will Hughes gave us the lead in the 66th minute and we held on!!

Fourth Round

Chelsea 2 - 0 Portsmouth

Delbono(2)

Made a meal of this one too, Delbono scored in the 3rd minute and had to wait till the 88th to get the second. Need to start improving in the FA Cup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Worst month of the season really. Even the wins weren't too convincing. Disappointed to crash out of the Capital One Cup but atleast some of the younger players got some decent game time I was massively impressed by 16 year old centre midfielder Danny Carney. Also losing to Liverpool made me feel a bit sick, I hate them but it felt like one of those games you couldn't do anything to win.

The FA Cup games were way too close for my liking against 2 League 1 sides but a wins a win. Filippo Delbono seems to look a bit more dangerous now, Rafael Rotondo failed to score all month and strong words will be had. He didn't play in all the games but his early season form has slowly been slipping off.

Player of the Month

Nathaniel Chalobah

Chelsea-Nathaniel-Chalobah+cropped

Great month from the skipper. Few goals and solid performances.

Table

View attachment 361662

Slipped into second but we do have 4 games in hand over Liverpool and we are only 2 points behind.​

February 2017

tumblr_m4cdhlv3BN1qjuayao8_1280.jpg

First leg against Bayern goes well... ish
Great league form continues as we pull well clear of the chasing pack
Brighton swept aside in the FA Cup

League

Newcastle 1 - 3 Chelsea

Hazard(2), Delbono

Went 2-0 up early on and we were always in control.

Stoke 1 - 2 Chelsea

Hazard, Crook

Tight game. Hazard nets again, then Stoke equalised. I threw young Harry Crook on up front and he finally netted his first goal for the club to give us the 3 points.

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Chelsea

Zhenjun(2), Delbono

Tan Zhenjun netted twice and Delbono scored again in a simple win.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Nottingham Forest

Ake, Kalas, Hughes

Basement boys Forest visited Drogba Park and stood firm for a bit but goals from Ake and Kalas from corners gave us the lead then Will Hughes netted late on.

Norwich 1 - 4 Chelsea

Zhenjun, Maris, Hazard, Kalas

Zhenjun got us rolling with a superb solo goal once more. Maris scored a header from yet another corner. Eden Hazard finished off a brilliant dribbling move with a top finish. Kalas rounded off the win.

Champions League

First Knockout Round 1st Leg

FC Bayern 3 - 2 Chelsea

Redmond, Hughes

View attachment 362113

What a match, that late goal from Will Hughes gives me great confidence we can finish the job off back at Drogba Park.

Monthly Review

A very solid month in the league means the title is basically wrapped up so I'm going to start using some of the kiddies in the easier league ties. Doing that will help us progress hopefully in the Champions League and FA Cup. Eden Hazard has been sensational this month, we've missed Rafael Rotondo due to injury this month but Delbono has filling in very well.

In the Champions League Ajax have knocked out United and Liverpool saw off Dortmund. Milan smashed City in the first leg. So some big teams out already.

Player of the Month

Eden Hazard

Eden+Hazard+Chelsea+FC+v+AC+Sparta+Praha+UEFA+tLLpgFuBvPml.jpg

On fire this month. Loads of goals and a ton of assists. Guys a freak.

Table

View attachment 362118

12 points clear and 2 games in hand still. Pretty much a done deal.​

Right lads, I think everyone can agree this save has got a bit stale. I'm finding it too easy, and you guys aren't really enjoying watching me smash everyone every month. So maybe a new save??? Been talking to CantGetEnoughOfJelavic on steam about a few ideas but I'm not sure where to settle. Maybe start unemployed and work my way up from random leagues to a hero. Maybe lower league Brazil. I basically want something fresh and new. Please help by giving me some ideas of maybe what you guys want to see!!

Right lads, I think everyone can agree this save has got a bit stale. I'm finding it too easy, and you guys aren't really enjoying watching me smash everyone every month. So maybe a new save??? Been talking to CantGetEnoughOfJelavic on steam about a few ideas but I'm not sure where to settle. Maybe start unemployed and work my way up from random leagues to a hero. Maybe lower league Brazil. I basically want something fresh and new. Please help by giving me some ideas of maybe what you guys want to see!!

Zero to hero sounds good!