ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Can't say I'm really impressed by the latest 4-1-2-2-1. Conceding at least 2 against every opponent, doesn't matter if it's Rayo at home or Cordoba away... with Barcelona. Your previous versions were much more stable, even on the new patch. Feels like you just threw together some player roles and pushed it out.
Personally I think you should look back at the previous versions and see what they did, because they had much more control over games.

Can't say I'm really impressed by the latest 4-1-2-2-1. Conceding at least 2 against every opponent, doesn't matter if it's Rayo at home or Cordoba away... with Barcelona. Your previous versions were much more stable, even on the new patch. Feels like you just threw together some player roles and pushed it out.
Personally I think you should look back at the previous versions and see what they did, because they had much more control over games.
I don't think so. The latest patch influenced the game much more than the patches before.
EDIT: Saw my possible tweak for the backs? Tried it?

Last edited:
Of course linuxe you could look back at the previous versions and see what they did?

The old versions of this tactic took Bristol City to back to back promotions and so far using the new versions I am 3rd in the league predicted 20th.

I am conceding more goals and losing leads on a more regular basis, but attacking wise it's more effective.

First of all amazing tactic good Work!!! first question is I always have a Dilemma with players like Hazard or Gotze, Should I play them on the Left wing or Right wing in your V15 4-1-2-2-1. Also do you recommend any PPM for specified positions? Thanks
I haven't looked at the specific PPM, so I don't know. Hmm.. I would rotate and see where they got the best statistics.

I don't think so. The latest patch influenced the game much more than the patches before.
My youth team is winning every game quite stable, so I think the latest tactics are a lot better for the less dominant teams. I'm gonna try to see if I can get some possession play rolling again so I can start dominating. Feels like it's impossible to achieve this with this version of FM.

ye tried Hazard on the Left wing with the 4-1-2-2-1. but he was pretty much invisible. swapped him to the Right wing. instant two assist. but feel bit awkward playing him there, feel like he's being underused, want him to cut inside and grab goals himself, are you going to try a tactic with inside fowards again with the updates from v15? thanks

My youth team is winning every game quite stable, so I think the latest tactics are a lot better for the less dominant teams. I'm gonna try to see if I can get some possession play rolling again so I can start dominating. Feels like it's impossible to achieve this with this version of FM.
You could try to set the attacking backs to full backs on automatic or support. Try that for better defense!
And about possession.. I never focused on possession, even when it was good in previous patches. It isn't a secret SI made FM a lot harder with a upgrade for the goalkeeper and the opponent creates more CCC's.

It's okay. But in my opinion.. How can FM be fun with just plug and play. I'm not saying you do, but the training set-up can in so many several good ways. There is no just one way to Rome! (That's a dutch proverb)

After all the testing done these last days, I can say for sure that one thing that the 15.2.0 patch did is to kill the plug-and-play style of managing the game. The best success I had so far was when I watched the game very close and made constant changes to my style depending on the match conditions. You can still get 7-0 results, but you'll have to watch closely and know your opponent very well. Otherwise, you'll plug and play a tactic that works for others, you won't have the appropriate players for it and wonder why did you get a 2-2 result when everybody praises these tactics. For me, playing with Leeds, the 4-1-2-2-1 works best, because after one season of using a DMC and after selling my third striker, this is the most appropriate formation. Playing with Steaua Bucharest, the 4-3-3 (three strikers) is the best, because it dominates most "four defenders" opposition formations. Playing with Luton Town, 4-3-2-1 is better because I don't have a good DMC and always built my squad for the next season to dominate, not to defend. So it all comes down to what you have and what you can do, not to what you see others do and expect your team to do as well

At the moment I test some tweaks. I play with two full backs on automatic and deselect the team instruction 'play narrower'. Seems better for my team, but don't know if this is in-general. Could some test this and give some feedback?

I'll test that with my Birmingham side. Played 3 won 3 so far, but very average performances.

Like in real life football, the one thing that works in the 15.2.0 patch regardless of the tactics you use, and the club you play, is that the opposition defense and midfield lines HAVE to be separated by your passing game, otherwise they will block you a lot. The closer those two lines are, the smaller your chances are. Try to think of your team as two units: the building/passing unit and the finishing unit. The building unit (defenders, wing backs and midfielders) will have to play possession football and the finishing unit (wingers and/or strikers) will have to make runs or stay in advanced positions. The ball has to reach the playmaker and he has to pass fast in space for the finishing unit. If you try and build a passing game all over the field, when you get in the last 20 meters, right outside the opposition area, they will create such density, that your passes and shots will be intercepted very often. I think that in 15.2.0 patch, this kind of passing works better than the short passing game that worked in previous patches. I am still testing this, but you might want to try it too

Back