ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Christian, first up I would like to thank you. While I love almost all aspects of Football Manager I don't really enjoy making tactics. Because quite frankly I suck at it.
I have just finished my 3rd season at FC Halifax. For the first 2 seasons I used some of the YOLO tactics (for lack of a better word). While I scored more than millionaire in a Leeds night club I would concede around the same as the mid-lower table teams. However this was enough for back to back promotions into League 1.
After the 2nd season I decided it was time for a change in tactics and to look for a more defensive approach. I decided to use your V21 tactic. Season now over I am pleased to say I earned a 3rd consecutive promotion and some very impressive cup runs. While on paper it might not seem I won the league convincingly, given the strength of the other teams and some shocking injuries I have put it down as my best season yet.
I am now preparing for my 4th season and 1st in the Championship and thinking about using your newly released test pack.
I put up a picture of my season and my player of the season, my right Winger Joe Lolley.
Thanks again for all your hard work so people like me don't have too :)

Congrats! Nice to see another member having a challenge with lower league teams, did you tinker with V21 at all? I seemed to ship a lot of goals in League 2 with Barnet

Some time ago I posted results from my Staines career... now I'm not longer their manager. Under my management Staines got promotion in the Vanarama Conference South. I've played two seasons in the Conference, finishing 17th and 18th (predicted to finish 23rd and 24th). I wasn't making any progress, so I've decided to resign.
Then I got my new job - in Grenoble Foot.
1st season with them (in National), using v20.2 or v19 (can't remember):

View attachment 312423

2nd season (using v20.2):

View attachment 312422

For two season straight from National to Ligue 1! Amazing!

UPDATE.

I wanted to play a full season without any transfer, besides Campbell on loan. But after Coloccini and Taylor got injured for a long time, my only CD left was Williamson. So, I had to buy some CD's. I bought Balanta and Martins Indi. They have to get used to the tactic and to each other. Could be a problem here!

I did some tweaks to make the tactic better. I selected 'distribute to full backs' and 'play quickly (or something)' for my goalkeeper, selected 'go to flanks with ball' for my full and wing back and I selected roam from position for my right winger. I also set man mark tight at OI's at their striker (only the ST) and AMC's (left, middle and right).

And these are my halfway training methods..
View attachment 312421

Season so far.. (I think I am going to win the league) :P
View attachment 312420 View attachment 312419

If we keep on scoring like this we will end up with 114 goals. Really nice for NUFC!
REALLY ENJOYING THE WAY THIS GOES!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR OPINIONS AND RESULTS!

ChristianEriksen, thank you for your work! Its' great! Could you post screenshots in English, please? Sry for my English, I'm from Russia:)

ChristianEriksen, thank you for your work! Its' great! Could you post screenshots in English, please? Sry for my English, I'm from Russia:)

What bits are you confused on? If it's the Opposition Instructions, look at the colour not the words. If it's the training, look at the colour not the words. :D That's how I do it.

OT: ChristianEriksen - Are there any PPM's we should be looking for or training for? I feel like sometimes these negativly impact the tactic and the instructions. i.e. you tell players to short pass and not to shoot but if your AMR/L and MC's have "shoot from distance" surely they're going to do that OVER passing short?

What bits are you confused on? If it's the Opposition Instructions, look at the colour not the words. If it's the training, look at the colour not the words. :D That's how I do it.

OT: ChristianEriksen - Are there any PPM's we should be looking for or training for? I feel like sometimes these negativly impact the tactic and the instructions. i.e. you tell players to short pass and not to shoot but if your AMR/L and MC's have "shoot from distance" surely they're going to do that OVER passing short?
I have no specific PPM's. But like you told, that influence the tactic in a bad way, yes. So try to train other PPM's to the player and think logic for other PPM's.

So would you recommend the new one VX or V19? for a champ team, i know to tinker a little and thanks again :) used v19 on arsenal save got half way through 1st season i was top by 17 points but lost the game save :(
VX is doing great for me. I think that the VX is a bit better, but if it doesn't work for you I advice you to switch to the V19 or V17.

Back