ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play

Christian erikesen I'll ask a lot but I would like a sauvgarde your left with the fc paris because I like the small club I hope you accepetez

sorry for my english I am french and this is the google translator

Hi, can someone please help me ,Im conciding 90% of goals from crosses. I always look the team report but when it says Cross I dont know what to do. Do I use Drop or Press or something else ?
PS. Awesome tactic C.Eriksen !

Hi, can someone please help me ,Im conciding 90% of goals from crosses. I always look the team report but when it says Cross I dont know what to do. Do I use Drop or Press or something else ?
PS. Awesome tactic C.Eriksen !

Well, it's a bit complicated I'd say but I'd think about it this way.

If they have a striker who is much quicker than your defenders he's likely to beat your defenders to steep, quick crosses in to the box. If you play a high defensive line and offside trap against such a player they might be able to exploit it, especially if he's good at beating the offside trap. By dropping deeper you make sure to limit those opportunities.

If they have a strong player who's good on his head up front you don't want him battling your defenders in lots of 50/50 duels. Since he's also likely to be slow (if it's someone like Ibrahimovic or Lewandowski etc you're screwed either way!) he won't be as good at exploiting the space behind your defenders, so by pushing higher and playing the offside trap you can keep him further away from the goal once crosses come in (and hopefully stop some crosses from even being played).

Then again, you have to look at how the team plays. You don't want to drop deep against a short passing team even if they have quick strikers and you don't always want to push high against a counter attacking team even if they have good headers. You might just have to give up some chances if you're playing a very good team, you can't outsmart every single form of attacking at the same time.

I know what you mine,but the thing is next , I played with PSV againt Dnipro in Europa League(they have cross as common assist type) and I lost 4-2 and I wasn't really disappointed,but when I played against Vaduz from Switzerland (they also have cross as assist type) and I lost 3-0. I had like 35-40 shoots on goal but they stupidly crossed 3 times and in all 3 times they scored o.O so annoying

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.. I just want a more specific guide on how to use the "D-line play".. like a guide for dummies, cause I have no idea when to use it.. :(

I know what you mine,but the thing is next , I played with PSV againt Dnipro in Europa League(they have cross as common assist type) and I lost 4-2 and I wasn't really disappointed,but when I played against Vaduz from Switzerland (they also have cross as assist type) and I lost 3-0. I had like 35-40 shoots on goal but they stupidly crossed 3 times and in all 3 times they scored o.O so annoying

Well, there is a way you can stop this and this could have many solutions. But, you need to analyze carefully what is going wrong. I suggest you have a look at the PPM's of your CD and Backs (maybe you find your answer there) and watch the game and see where it goes wrong. Because it is possible that the solution of this problem is because of your midfield. You can also look at how to counter their attack. It is your midfield who's running behind the opposition? Do your wingers defend? Are the backs not tight enough at the oppositon? Which opposition player give the crosses? So I suggest to look further than just analyze the latest phase of the cross. Maybe you need other Oi's? Or another back because he has poor ratings? These problems can be different for everyone so it isn't easy to say what is exactly going wrong for you.

So one more time.. Analyze what's going wrong, look at the phase before the cross and think logical.

You can always ask for more (and/or show me pictures of the situation). Good luck!

Last edited:
VX. Better than I could've expected really, only signed Lucas Romero (to develop, turned out to be better than Carrick/Blind) and Eugene Khacheridi for the first team. Going to try V20 next season unless a new one pops up beforehand. Three strikers would've been fun but I don't think I'm gonna keep Falcao, money could be better spent elsewhere (Pretty please Pogba!).

Must be absolutely gutting for Chelsea who were 3 points off of the all time points record in the EPL yet finished second :P
View attachment 309447View attachment 309446View attachment 309445View attachment 309444

Some interesting stats, instructions for corners and indirect free kicks seem to work really well!
View attachment 309441View attachment 309440

Defensively corner settings are working nicely, IFK settings might need some tweaking.
View attachment 751810View attachment 751811

Possession has not been all that great considering the results and my board aren't more than 47% satisfied with "Possession Football". I quite often removed "More Risky Passes" from the LCM, since even Rooney was missing a lot of passes in that position. I was surprised by the low amount of yellow cards being conceded in spite of tackle hard instructions everywhere, only had to remove it from Rafael which seems pretty coherent with real life. Not a single player was suspended during the course of the season (yellow cards reset at new year apparently).
View attachment 309443View attachment 309442

All in all, nicely working. Looking forward to testing the new version next season, hopefully using some younger players with more games to be played! :D

Last edited:
4-2-3-1 needs tweaking.
Keeps getting atleast 5 players rated below 6.5, not creating CCCs, not getting the results.

Working on one right now, also I wonder about the OI, they are different all the time I try your tactics :D
Think they might need a tweak too

Also drop tactic is very ineffective. It almost always better to use press.
Even against more direct teams, might be a CCC conceded here and there, but drop just makes you concede, crosses

4-2-3-1 needs tweaking.
Keeps getting atleast 5 players rated below 6.5, not creating CCCs, not getting the results.

Working on one right now, also I wonder about the OI, they are different all the time I try your tactics :D

Even against more direct teams, might be a CCC conceded here and there, but drop just makes you concede, crosses
For me only DM havin low rating, idk how to make him perform better to have good rating..

My suggestion is, use drop in second half. Never start a match with drop ;)

4-2-3-1 needs tweaking.

When making a new 4231 I would use the same set up as the V21 test. So the same team instructions and the same defensive setup. Try to combine the V21 test with the 4231 and you will get the results.

Back