Why not play Rooney as f9 he is a beast in that role, then rotate with Falcao and Wilson. RVP has been poor for me and has played only in cup games mainly. Him and Falcao will be gone end of 1st season!
Thanks mate, come to think about it; that sounds more fun as Rooney is my favourite player.

I'll sell RVP and keep Falcao on loan as Rooney's back up for a year.

Started a new Cardiff save now, testing v.5
Maaaan the normal mode is a LOT of colours and bleeps, i fear for FMC beeing my choice of mod this season unless there is a new skinsomewere ><

First 3 games as Man United, playing with the "control" tactic.

1st. game: 1-0 victory at home vs Leicester
2nd. game: 4-0 defeat away vs Liverpool
3rd. game: 1-0 victory at home vs Charlton

Things are not looking bright, maybe its because the tactical familiarity is low.

UPDATE:
Amazing tactic. I'm in February now, and my team is not just dominating - but we're also keeping lots of clean sheets. I'm using the v5.1 control-tactic on every game. As the title suggest, you're controlling the game.

Most of the times I concede goals are either through corners or long balls, but I don't concede as much as I've done with other tactics during this beta.

Thanks OP, you've done it again. :)

UPDATE:
Amazing tactic. I'm in February now, and my team is not just dominating - but we're also keeping lots of clean sheets. I'm using the v5.1 control-tactic on every game. As the title suggest, you're controlling the game.

Most of the times I concede goals are either through corners or long balls, but I don't concede as much as I've done with other tactics during this beta.

Thanks OP, you've done it again. :)
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate that!

Update: the attacking version is doing some good work for my predicted 4th squad. But I can imagine that the control version with Manchester United is doing great work.

Last edited:
How do you feel about inverted wingers (PPM cuts inside, opposite foot is preferred) in this tactic?

Ha, now I'm beeing conflicted in what to use, 3.1 & 3.0 or v5? Is v5 proven to be better? I just had a remarkable season with BVB, took them over in 2020 at 16th place and still won the Euro League with them, finishing 7th in the end. That was with v2, v3.0 and v3.1. Now I don't know what to use for the new season XD

Ha, now I'm beeing conflicted in what to use, 3.1 & 3.0 or v5? Is v5 proven to be better? I just had a remarkable season with BVB, took them over in 2020 at 16th place and still won the Euro League with them, finishing 7th in the end. That was with v2, v3.0 and v3.1. Now I don't know what to use for the new season XD

If I were you I would switch to the new versions.

With Man Utd i have sold RvP, and not brought Falcao. Rooney is super as F9, so he is number one.
I my second season,Javer Hernndez is back, and he is number 2.

I am still using V.3, and V.3,1 - And won 3-1 over Chelsa i CS, and the first game 4-0 agaings Hull.
In the pre sason, I won all games, and played good teams :)

Still dominating using the original V1 and V1.1 Breaking records all over the place as Utd. Unlocking steam achievments left right and centre :)

Cardiff Test V.5

With the lack of any kind of transferbudget i was forced to transferlist a few players, and so far i ahvent been to lucky selling to many, BUT i got some key reinforcements in, and i am particulary pleased securing Grelish as AMR, hes been wonderfull so far.
Also snatched Rosenborg Youngster Hou Sæter wich i think will be a beast the comming years.

Here is the transfers

View attachment 331167

Here is the Fixtures

View attachment 331168

Here is the League

View attachment 331166

I have both been lucky and unlucky so far, but i think the control version is strong, and a lot better overall than the attacking option.

Last edited:
Just started trying out the v5 tactic in my Dortmund save. Seems to be working well although there have been a couple of poor results. Best result so far-
View attachment 331163

Great tactic, I am using the V3 and V3.1 and killing it with my Barca team. This is my best result so far:

Works Great with Manchester United for me ( 1 1/2 seasons), but i seem to get alot of yellow cards