City complete Toure signing

actually you will be suprised at the humber of tackles barca make, its why they keep the ball so well. once a move breaks down its like watching a pack of dogs, they are so quick on the oppostion.

yaya is more complete, but in regards to the dm role at barca (which is not an expansive role at all) mascherano trumps him, hence an upgrade

but then again i will say iv never liked mascherano so i might be abit biased in that sence lol. They are both excellent players and city should be happy they got him.

I suppose you're right when talking about what Barca need but I was talking about generally, Toure is a better player than Mascherano.

* Reminds themadsheep of Terry's pass for A.Cole's goal vs Sunderland *
ok on that i agree.

lol i stand corrected. once in a blue moon terry will break out an amazing defence spitting pass, but generally he cant pass more than 5 yards. if he would, we would have had much better ball distribution at the world cup :p

Mancini might go with all of them in the middle like this

Tevez

Johnson Silva

Barry Toure

De Jong

Or along them lines.

Mancini might go with all of them in the middle like this

Tevez

Johnson Silva

Barry Toure

De Jong

Or along them lines.

Yeah that's what I was thinking might happen. Similar to Chelsea's 4-3-3.
Although if this does happen I have a feeling the front 3 would continuously switch positions like Barca's front 3 do.

Man city must surely have more than 25 players over 21 now. Surely.

Yeah that's what I was thinking might happen. Similar to Chelsea's 4-3-3.
Although if this does happen I have a feeling the front 3 would continuously switch positions like Barca's front 3 do.
yeah. or 4-2-3-1, but with movement between the three.

interesting how the setup looks similar to another manchester side...

Brilliant signing for City, just proves that not qualifying for the Champions League wasn't that bad because they can still bring this quality of player

If it was reversed and Spurs finished 5th and City 4th there would be no way in which Silva and Toure would join Spurs.

Indeed, we wouldn't be able to offer them their wage demands, which are undoubtedly 100k+.

If it was reversed and Spurs finished 5th and City 4th there would be no way in which Silva and Toure would join Spurs.
too true, money was a big factor in this move, since silva apparently rejected chelsea, and they are not exactly poor

Barca needs not only good tackler but also good passer. Even their CBs pass ball better than many mid fielders. Mascha with this thuggish tacking wont last a match in Spain.

Barca needs not only good tackler but also good passer. Even their CBs pass ball better than many mid fielders. Mascha with this thuggish tacking wont last a match in Spain.
the dm role at barca needs short accurate passing, ive already posted why. the centrebacks play a different because as the fullbakc get forward, they drift out and they take the space of the full back and become the deep support, so need to be good passers.

mascherano is niggly, just like busquets is. hasnt done busquets any harm at barca

Masch is similar to Busqets but just better. Barce need someone like Masch to do the dirty work and let Xavi and co do their ****.

People saying this is the end of de jong, i believe no, i think this is the end of vieira, and this means Barry will play less. This would be my city team

Given
Zabaleta
Toure
Kompany
Boateng
De Jong
Toure
Silva
A Johnson
Tevez
Adebayor

People saying this is the end of de jong, i believe no, i think this is the end of vieira, and this means Barry will play less. This would be my city team

Given
Zabaleta
Toure
Kompany
Boateng
De Jong
Toure
Silva
A Johnson
Tevez
Adebayor

Pretty good side that, although I think Mancini will somehow change the side somehow so Adam Johnson makes way.

Don't ask how.

I think City will go 4-2-3-1 with Silva behind Tevez, they haven't bought one of the best playmakers in the world to stick him out on the wing.

Obviously they went for money but wouldn't everyone else?

City have big ambitions and lots of cash. Tottenham will struggle in the Champions League and I can't see them coming Top Four again this year.

y didnt he go to arsenal
Cos he wanted money

PATHETIC

Last edited: