City complete Toure signing

People saying this is the end of de jong, i believe no, i think this is the end of vieira, and this means Barry will play less. This would be my city team

Given
Zabaleta
Toure
Kompany
Boateng
De Jong
Toure
Silva
A Johnson
Tevez
Adebayor
thats virtually theteam i was putting out, but with richards for zab

If it was reversed and Spurs finished 5th and City 4th there would be no way in which Silva and Toure would join Spurs.

What I meant was since they have millions on millions to spend their money can attract a better quality of players with the money they are offering, without even being in Europe's top competition

playing as Man City on FM11 gets slowly more appealing..

playing as Man City on FM11 gets slowly more appealing..
no, putting city back in their place is even more appealing.

but seriously, gonna be a good push by them but i feel their title challenge will fizzle by end march arsenal style

Not really because alot of time Mancini has played with 3 central midfielders so all three will play. Its more like bye bye Vieira.
that was before you had silva, who is a guaranteed starter, if anything you will be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 this season, and de jong + toure trump barry. vieria is certainly finished but barry is on the bench

that was before you had silva, who is a guaranteed starter, if anything you will be playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 this season, and de jong + toure trump barry. vieria is certainly finished but barry is on the bench

Maybe, dont know if he will play Silva wide left and then some one else wide right with Tevez upfront. In like a 4-3-2-1. Im not arguing with the order your listing the three midfielders though. Definately Toure > de Jong > Barry.

Maybe, dont know if he will play Silva wide left and then some one else wide right with Tevez upfront. In like a 4-3-2-1. Im not arguing with the order your listing the three midfielders though. Definately Toure > de Jong > Barry.
by 4-3-2-1, i assume you mean similar to 4-1-2-2-1, and not christmas tree? in which case yeah could see that,i guess it will depend on the opposition

by 4-3-2-1, i assume you mean similar to 4-1-2-2-1, and not christmas tree? in which case yeah could see that,i guess it will depend on the opposition

Yea, this is what I meant.​
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Boateng
de Jong
Toure - Barry
SWP - Sliva
Tevez​
SWP and Silva wider than that though. But yea, could depend on the opposition.​

playing Barry, De Jong and Toure would be soooooo fuuuccckiiing boring.

Would be about as creative as sticking an ink cartridge up your **** and farting ink on to paper...

.. Actually, thats pretty creative. :)

Back on topic, I don't see why you would want your team to play 3 holding mids, I think barry will make way tbh, unless they try and play him higher up the pitch as a more creative mid.

Yea, this is what I meant.​
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Boateng
de Jong
Toure - Barry
SWP - Sliva
Tevez​
SWP and Silva wider than that though. But yea, could depend on the opposition.​
sounds good, but reckon it will be johnson instead of swp, like it was end of last season, with silva and johnson swapping wings

Would be about as creative as sticking an ink cartridge up your **** and farting ink on to paper...

Back on topic, I don't see why you would want your team to play 3 holding mids, I think barry will make way tbh, unless they try and play him higher up the pitch as a more creative mid.

Its not how I want them to play but Mancini did play quite a bit with 3 holding midfielders and I dont think he will change it.

toure is actually a fairly expanisve player, its one of the reason the barca fans loved him, and why pep didnt play him. he wanted the dm playing a simple gritty role ie. busquest, and quite likely now mascherano

I would of thought he'd play 4-2-2-2 now with Adebayour as target man and Tevez playing off him. Johnson and Silva on the wings, what's the point of having to great crossers if your going to play Tevez up front on his own. De Jong and Toure as holding players.

I would of thought he'd play 4-2-2-2 now with Adebayour as target man and Tevez playing off him. Johnson and Silva on the wings, what's the point of having to great crossers if your going to play Tevez up front on his own. De Jong and Toure as holding players.

Im just going on how Mancini has set the team up last season with the 3 central midfielders. It might end up being more a 4-3-3 with Silva, Tevez and Adebayor upfront going on previous games since Mancini came in.

you could get away with it because johnson and silva are equally as happy coming in and running at goal. either way city have plently of flexibility in attack....and it ****** me off

you could get away with it because johnson and silva are equally as happy coming in and running at goal. either way city have plently of flexibility in attack....and it ****** me off

Try being a Newcastle fan.. our 'Flexible attack' consists of one quickish striker, and then 4 lanky strikers.

Yummy, Flexability! ;)

It's quite obvious Silva didn't reject Chelsea. He would have taken it up the **** for a move there, we were always second choice. They didn't pay for him. They instead replaced the excellent Joe Cole with Yossi Benayoun, who in my opinion is not up to Cole's standard. I'm not convinced Chelsea are that rich - maybe they are saving the money to spend on other areas.
Touré is really good - tall, dynamic and powerful, we've needed a box to box midfielder and he can do this as well as sitting as the anchor man.
My team:
GK: Given
RB: Boateng CB: Luiz CB: Kompany LB: Kolarov?
DM: De Jong DM: Touré

RAM: Johnson CAM: Silva/Tevez LAM: Silva/Robinho

ST:Tevez/Dzeko?

Obviously this team makes assumptions because Dzeko, Kolarov and Luiz may well not be signed. But if the rumours are true this would be the ideal team for me. It's important to remember that City, like the rest of the top 6 or 7, will play 50-60 games and so need a big squad. I'm sure we'll move players on (such as Ireland, Onouha, possibly Bridge)