City complete Toure signing

Try being a Newcastle fan.. our 'Flexible attack' consists of one quickish striker, and then 4 lanky strikers.

Yummy, Flexability! ;)
lol, yeah i guess when you think of it that way.

off topic: surely the toon should be dipping the toes in the transfermarket. would like them to stay up this season, much more interesting side to have in the prem.

on topic: looking at the squad, i wonder if the will try for a right back, ie maicon

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

It's quite obvious Silva didn't reject Chelsea. He would have taken it up the **** for a move there, we were always second choice. They didn't pay for him. They instead replaced the excellent Joe Cole with Yossi Benayoun, who in my opinion is not up to Cole's standard. I'm not convinced Chelsea are that rich - maybe they are saving the money to spend on other areas.
Touré is really good - tall, dynamic and powerful, we've needed a box to box midfielder and he can do this as well as sitting as the anchor man.
My team:
GK: Given
RB: Boateng CB: Luiz CB: Kompany LB: Kolarov?
DM: De Jong DM: Touré

RAM: Johnson CAM: Silva/Tevez LAM: Silva/Robinho

ST:Tevez/Dzeko?

Obviously this team makes assumptions because Dzeko, Kolarov and Luiz may well not be signed. But if the rumours are true this would be the ideal team for me. It's important to remember that City, like the rest of the top 6 or 7, will play 50-60 games and so need a big squad. I'm sure we'll move players on (such as Ireland, Onouha, possibly Bridge)
are you kidding, chelsea most certainly have the money. joe cole wanted 130k a week, chelsea are rich but not mugs, you can bet yossi is on half that. chelsea are just yet to flex their muscle pure and simple. and silva did reject them,

lol, yeah i guess when you think of it that way.

off topic: surely the toon should be dipping the toes in the transfermarket. would like them to stay up this season, much more interesting side to have in the prem.

on topic: looking at the squad, i wonder if the will try for a right back, ie maicon

Off topic: They should be, but alas, we have no money, We need a keeper, right back and a goal scorer, without them, I think we will prob go back down. :(

On topic: Has anyone heard anything more on Dzeko joining City?

Off topic: They should be, but alas, we have no money, We need a keeper, right back and a goal scorer, without them, I think we will prob go back down. :(

On topic: Has anyone heard anything more on Dzeko joining City?
they had to the chance to make their move before 1st june and get him for £32.5 million because of his clause, but that has now expired. dzeko has expressed a desire to move to a bigger team, but there has been nothing further from city

Nah I'm not kidding, I'm not doubting Chelsea are rich but I don't actually think that they can afford to go and splash out 30 million on a replacement for Cole. Could I have a link for even a rumour that David Silva rejected Chelsea? I can give one to show he was bumfucking them the other week.

Nah I'm not kidding, I'm not doubting Chelsea are rich but I don't actually think that they can afford to go and splash out 30 million on a replacement for Cole. Could I have a link for even a rumour that David Silva rejected Chelsea? I can give one to show he was bumfucking them the other week.
he was bumfucking united too, you say they cant afford him when they are most certainly tracking the likes of aguero and pato, who will both cost as much if not more. will find you a link. dont be fooled into think you are the only finanical powerhouse in the prem because you are not. chelsea and and will flex their muscle when they need too:
link for the rumour:
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...rejects-chelsea-to-complete-man-city-transfer

Last edited:
he was bumfucking united too, you say they cant afford him when they are most certainly tracking the likes of aguero and pato, who will both cost as much if not more. will find you a link. dont be fooled into think you are the only finanical powerhouse in the prem because you are not. chelsea and and will flex their muscle when they need too

i think he has a point, Chelsea are certainly not as free flowing as they used to be, Realesing Joe Cole and signing Yossi Ben as a replacement at 6million shows that, Dont get me wrong Yossi is a good player, but is he really any better then Joe cole?

What was it last summer, Not alot of money was spent on players, for chelsea standards, not 100% sure on this, but wasnt Bosingwa the only big money signing?

They've been linked with Pato and Aguero for a year now, When is this exactly going to happen.

Personally i think Roman might be starting to lose interests in spending his own money supporting the club aswell as on Buying new players. So he has tighten the Cash flow. Just an impressio i get,

i think he has a point, Chelsea are certainly not as free flowing as they used to be, Realesing Joe Cole and signing Yossi Ben as a replacement at 6million shows that, Dont get me wrong Yossi is a good player, but is he really any better then Joe cole?

What was it last summer, Not alot of money was spent on players, for chelsea standards, not 100% sure on this, but wasnt Bosingwa the only big money signing?

They've been linked with Pato and Aguero for a year now, When is this exactly going to happen.

Personally i think Roman might be starting to lose interests in spending his own money supporting the club aswell as on Buying new players. So he has tighten the Cash flow. Just an impressio i get,
its about cutting the wage bill. roman wants chelsea to be self sufficientin the near futurehe's made no secret of that, that means not paying sill wages, like 130k for cole. doesnt mean they wont spend if necessary. yossi will play 70k and be happy first team and also being bench, the same couldnt be said for joe cole. it also means they arent gonna offering 160k a week ages

Last edited:
its about cutting the wage bill. roman wants chelsea to be self sufficientin the near futurehe's made no secret of that, that means not paying sill wages, like 130k for cole. doesnt mean they wont spend if necessary. yossi will play 70k and be happy first team and also being bench, the same couldnt be said for joe cole. it also means they arent gonna offering 160k a week ages

If it is about being self sufficient in the near futre, had does paying 25million for silva, or 40million for pato or Aguero help achieve that? also offering them 100K+ a week to match current deals?

It doesnt so effectively they havent got the money at there disposal or willing to spend the money to buy these players.. Hence basically they cnt afford to like the guy said.

If it is about being self sufficient in the near futre, had does paying 25million for silva, or 40million for pato or Aguero help achieve that? also offering them 100K+ a week to match current deals?

It doesnt so effectively they havent got the money at there disposal or willing to spend the money to buy these players.. Hence basically they cnt afford to like the guy said.
not wanting willing to pay silly wages and not being able to afford someone are two diffrent things. and a one off transfer fee and high wage are two different things.

Last edited:
not wanting willing to pay silly wages and not being able to afford someone are two diffrent things. and a one off transfer fee and high wage are two different things

Still If Roman is unwilling Chelsea cant afford, they rely on Roman Cash In Boost to keep them a float, let alone allow them to spend heavily in the transfer window, So Roman unwilling still means Chelsea F.C cant afford to.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:47 PM ----------

Well Now we know why he went to City,

"Toure is on 220k a week, which comes to a staggering 55.6million over the terms of his contract before bonuses"

Reported in todays News of the World

Still If Roman is unwilling Chelsea cant afford, they rely on Roman Cash In Boost to keep them a float, let alone allow them to spend heavily in the transfer window, So Roman unwilling still means Chelsea F.C cant afford to.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:47 PM ----------

Well Now we know why he went to City,

"Toure is on 220k a week, which comes to a staggering 55.6million over the terms of his contract before bonuses"

Reported in todays News of the World

You believed it? If so Tevez would want 250K or at least parity with Yaya.

Yar, Toure is reportedly the highest payed player in the Premier League.
£220,000 a week is just stupid.

i agree but at the end of the day city are a euro cuop team that is what they are gonna have to pay to attract that kind of calibre of players 56.5 million over 5 years so in all they have paid 79 million

Yar, Toure is reportedly the highest payed player in the Premier League.
£220,000 a week is just stupid.
its some kind of sick joke....

Dont really see why any of you are crying about what Toure is allegedly getting paid. Not like your paying it. And Chelsea and United players arent exactly on small wages.

Ermmm Maybe because its 220k a week, which is utterly stupendous seeing as players like messi are on about 150k, and hes nowhere near as good.

Ridiculous wage, Man City continue to buy there way to success.

Yea, City could just not spend any money and finish mid-table every year.:S

Or they could actually show some ambition and bring in some top quality players like Toure and Silva and try and challenge the teams that finish in the top 4 every season.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

And if you think the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi are on less than Toure then you are pretty daft.

As an Arsenal fan, i'm delighted that Yaya has gone to City, for three reasons:

1. We don't have to pay him twice as much as Cesc Fabregas.
2. Alex Song can be confident of keeping his first team spot playing behind Cesc Fabregas.
3. Barcelona will now have to pay 100% cash in a deal worth £40m upwards if they want to sign Cesc Fabregas unless they want to offer us Pedro and/or Messi and/or Valdes (They're best young player by a way, the(ir) best player FULL STOP, and their only decent keeper.)
cescfab.png

Manchester City have a very interesting squad this season, will be intriguing to see how they finiish up this year. Really though 220k a week is just stupendous, how much is Silva on ? You have to wonder what City's annual wage bill is.

Yea, City could just not spend any money and finish mid-table every year.:S

Or they could actually show some ambition and bring in some top quality players like Toure and Silva and try and challenge the teams that finish in the top 4 every season.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

And if you think the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi are on less than Toure then you are pretty daft.
cristiano's wage is 200k , messi is on just under 160k, and kaka is on 140,000 and they are arguable three of the best players in the world...