City complete Toure signing

SW19 is Wimbledon mate. Chelsea is like SW6? This all just sounds like ******** from a bunch of little school girls. You are all jealous that City are bringing in top quality players to challenge for trophies. Quit your whinging, *******.

Awwww, is the truth hitting home hard. worried about the long term stability of your club? :'(

What's a 100M+ loss to an owner with tens of billions? Nothing.

Sure, we won't make profit.. But we will make some great games, I'm sure :)

SW19 is Wimbledon mate. Chelsea is like SW6? This all just sounds like ******** from a bunch of little school girls. You are all jealous that City are bringing in top quality players to challenge for trophies. Quit your whinging, *******.

probs, i am useless with postcodes outside of manchester :D

i wudnt say im jealous, i mean, come on, best recent team (arguebly ever) in english football. just with too much money, it kills of the spirit of the game.

probs, i am useless with postcodes outside of manchester :D

i wudnt say im jealous, i mean, come on, best recent team (arguebly ever) in english football. just with too much money, it kills of the spirit of the game.

To be fair Man Uniteds team wasnt exactly cheap.

i thought actually you were trying to give a grown up defence of your club, then you come out with this....

use your head man, can you not the hoole the club is digging for itself. come 2015, you wont make it into europ because of your losses. its not about spending, or ambition its about the uncontrolled, unsustainable spending. if you took off your rose tinited glasses, you'd realise thats the point we're trying to get across.

i thought actually you were trying to give a grown up defence of your club, then you come out with this....

use your head man, can you not the hoole the club is digging for itself. come 2015, you wont make it into europ because of your losses. its not about spending, or ambition its about the uncontrolled, unsustainable spending. if you took off your rose tinited glasses, you'd realise thats the point we're trying to get across.

What is a hoole? It is about ambition. It is about being able to challenge the likes of your Man United for trophies. No one is saying that City are going to spend £100mil+ on players every year.

What is a hoole? It is about ambition. It is about being able to challenge the likes of your Man United for trophies. No one is saying that City are going to spend £100mil+ on players every year.
hoole = hole, clearly a spelling error.

as for spending 100m+ every year, youve pretty much done that so far, youre already upto 60 million this window

again you miss the point, no one is saying city shouldnt have ambition, we are talking about the uncontrollable, inflationary, unsustainable spending that city, and madrid, which makes a mockery of those who do try to be prudent.

themadsheep, thats exactly it , the 'uncontrolled, unsustainable spending' which city find themselves doin, altho as i said earlier, the deal for Silva i say is near fair, considering the inflated market.

JDH1989 u mite think we're being bitter coz we're united fans, but we're not, we're just expressing our opinions. and to add to that, i do think you lot will be spending 100+mill on players each year for a good few years too, until you lot settle down with a steady manager and start studded squad ur owner wants.
u cant be sayin we've done that, coz the only major signing i can say we've spent big money on was berbaflop, and thats only coz u lot entered the bidding and forced us a good 5-10 million more than we wanted, and for sum reason SAF wanted him badly (another arguement for another day)

Whats the max on tranfers you should be able to spend a season? whats the max wage you should be able give a player a season? Its comes down to how much money you have and we have it to burn so let him burn it. Yes its quite sick that some people get 100k + for running around on a pitch and we get **** all for grafting are arses off all week thats the part of football that is not nice but its been like this for a long time now and we are highlighting this problem more.

To be fair Man Uniteds team wasnt exactly cheap.

Even then we have spent our hard earned Money not some sugar dady's. Spot the difference. Our squad was not built overnight or in one season. There was lot of people involved in developing talents and maintaining balance.. But for city only one person is involved in buying the squad.

Whats the max on tranfers you should be able to spend a season? whats the max wage you should be able give a player a season? Its comes down to how much money you have and we have it to burn so let him burn it. Yes its quite sick that some people get 100k + for running around on a pitch and we get **** all for grafting are arses off all week thats the part of football that is not nice but its been like this for a long time now and we are highlighting this problem more.
ackdilla we are not talking a max. spending is relative to the club, but your spending is unsustainable for the club, because you would fall foul of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gordonfarquhar/2010/05/uefa_calls_clubs_to_account.html

this is what we mean by unsustainable. you have no current way of clawing back the losses..

as billy said, you dont look like clawing a profit in 10 years, well youve got about 5 do it

Would be interesting to see if things would be different if there was a wage cap in the Premier League.

Would be interesting to see if things would be different if there was a wage cap in the Premier League.
very true, but the problem with a wage cap is that it would have to be global, but also where to do set the limit. is it an absolut cap, or is it relative to the revenue of a club?

yea but if u did that, surely it would only be projected against profits/turnover etc as its the only viable way IMO, which would have lower clubs at a disadvantage.

The wages are over the top but he is one of the best players in his position so £25 mil isnt bad. People are just making an issue cause its City that bought him. I mean look at the Berbatov transfer?

Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players in the world. What about Yaya? Hmm...maybe 70th best in the World if he's lucky or about 40th best in the Premier League? And you say that you would wish Spurs luck, I doubt it. Anyway, your manager has no skill (unless Hodgson/O'Neil who have not much money to spend) but even when he plays a team worth 100m+ or maybe even 200+, he still cannot get into the Top 4 behind Arsenal who lose in transfers 3m a season on average.

Ha, how can you not say Toure is the 70th best player in the world and 40th in the EPL, complete bullshit.

we're not sayin there is a max on transfers wages etc, but u get wot me mean as u point out in the later of ur post. if there was money in the likes of supermarket work, office work, wotever we all do, we would get more but we dont as theres no money in it at really in respect wot football brings in, hense u get the 100k+ wages, but there comes a point as to where u set a mark on is this player worth x amount of money a week when player z wins this that and whatever and is played less

The wages are over the top but he is one of the best players in his position so £25 mil isnt bad. People are just making an issue cause its City that bought him. I mean look at the Berbatov transfer?

Thats if the story about the wages is true. Which is doubtful. But yea, no one would bat an eyelid if Chelsea or United had bought him for that much.