City complete Toure signing

Ermmm Maybe because its 220k a week, which is utterly stupendous seeing as players like messi are on about 150k, and hes nowhere near as good.

Ridiculous wage, Man City continue to buy there way to success.

Messi is nearing 300kpw :)

Anywway, 220k for a player like Yaya is outrageouse, if he's paid more than the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Fletcher, and Mascherano it's completely unjustified.

cristiano's wage is 200k , messi is on just under 160k, and kaka is on 140,000 and they are arguable three of the best players in the world...

Ronaldo is on 200,000 euros, which is about 180K.

At the moment there are two markets; Man City & Real Madrid then everyone else.

Messi is nearing 300kpw :)

Anywway, 220k for a player like Yaya is outrageouse, if he's paid more than the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Fletcher, and Mascherano it's completely unjustified.
not his basic wage, which is 160. the 300k includes money he makes from merchandsing rights..

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

No no, not arguably, are three of the best in the world.
david villa is right up there, but thats a debate for another day :D ...

The thing is, none of you actually know how much any of these players earn. You just believe what you read on various websites and in newspapers. Clearly the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are on huge wages. Maybe Toure is aswell. But it is Citys money and if they want to challenge for the Premier League any time soon then they are going to have to spend it. If you dont like it or maybe your just jealous then go and support a team in a league where they have salary caps like the MLS. If some one like Spurs gets taken over next week by some one willing to invest huge amounts of money in the team then I would just wish them luck. No point crying on here about it if your clubs dont have money then thats tough. The same thing happened when Chelsea got taken over, they were the new team to hate. Now it is City.

for the record jdh1989, no one is quiestioning man city's ambition, what we do question is the ridiculousness of the wages, its insanity, i mean you have finanical regulations coming in in 2015, god knows how you will pass that

i mean, the club isnt even trying to make its spending sustainable... and the critciscim i level at city is the one i level at real madrid.

Last edited:
for the record jdh1989, no one is quiestioning man city's ambition, what we do question is the ridiculousness of the wages, its insanity, i mean you have finanical regulations coming in in 2015, god knows how you will pass that

i mean, the club isnt even trying to make its spending sustainable... and the critciscim i level at city is the one i level at real madrid.

Its questionable that FIFA actually has the right to control finances in the way they want to. And I would imagine that by then they shouldnt feel the need to spend so much as they will have (hopefully) established themselves as regular challengers for the Premier League title.

And you cant tell me that you dont want Man United to spend some more money to attract one or two more top quality players in.

Its questionable that FIFA actually has the right to control finances in the way they want to. And I would imagine that by then they shouldnt feel the need to spend so much as they will have (hopefully) established themselves as regular challengers for the Premier League title.

And you cant tell me that you dont want Man United to spend some more money to attract one or two more top quality players in.
you may quesition it, but the rules have been passed, and i agree the spending must be sustainable.
even if you are regular title contented by then you would still be in heavy (and unsustainable) debt to your owners, aince at no point hav you even attempted to turn a profit, and that is the kind of thing fifa are going after, its not even small loss you are making its a staggering one, and its kinda makes a mockery of those who do try and balances the books, hence why they are targeting it

and no i dont want united to spend for spending's sake. long term stability over short term success, if we bring in a a couple of star players on wages we can afford then amazing, but not when we are offering 200k to them. **** i dont even like the fact that ferdinand is our highest payed player on 120k (rooney is on 95k, but set to have contract negotations this summer)

Last edited:
City dont have any debt. Even to the owners as it just ends up getting converted in to shares in the club. Chelsea did the same thing.

City dont have any debt. Even to the owners as it just ends up getting converted in to shares in the club. Chelsea did the same thing.
so the sheik finally turned it into equity? thats something good in city's favour then. but you still recording big losses, last year alone was 92.8 million, and the way you are going there is no current way to turn it around by 2015 at the current rate. surely you see the problem with that?

This makes him the highest paid player in the league, but probably not in the world, Messi is the highest paid player in football and I'd imagine Beckham and Ronaldo are paid a lot more than Toure. But £220k? He just signed a deal worth £55m that is ******* disgusting.

And JDH - Of corse FIFA have the right to control clubs finances, every club agrees to FIFA rules in order to play in any FA/UEFA/FIFA competition so if they say there will be a salary cap then so be it, in fact the FA can introduce a salary cap if they wanted so don't think you are untouchable. And if Liverpool were taken over by a billionaire I'd ******* despair if they offered a player like Yaya that kind of money.

Although on the bright side, he will paying **** loads of tax XD

This makes him the highest paid player in the league, but probably not in the world, Messi is the highest paid player in football and I'd imagine Beckham and Ronaldo are paid a lot more than Toure. But £220k? He just signed a deal worth £55m that is ******* disgusting.

And JDH - Of corse FIFA have the right to control clubs finances, every club agrees to FIFA rules in order to play in any FA/UEFA/FIFA competition so if they say there will be a salary cap then so be it, in fact the FA can introduce a salary cap if they wanted so don't think you are untouchable. And if Liverpool were taken over by a billionaire I'd ******* despair if they offered a player like Yaya that kind of money.

Although on the bright side, he will paying **** loads of tax XD
messi beckham ronaldo kaka earn more because of their merchanidising rights. messi earns 10m from basic wages, but makes another 20m from merchandising rights.

anyway ive said my piece on this and fifa are taking this issue on so we'll see what happens

i know terry has got an 87% completion rate. mascherano and busquets follow that role to the letter, toure alwayswants to bring the ball forwards which is why the fans like him, but it annoys pep (hence why buscuit gets ahead of him) for the way the dm is played at barca, masch is better than toure. thats not to say toure is not a fine player, at city he will probably play a more expansive game, and he will be great.

also mascherano is goo dpasser of the ball at short and medium range, terry can only pass 5 yards
Yeah, Barca don't need great DM long passers like Carrick, etc but they need someone who will stop the opposition and who is not afraid of getting his hands dirty. Mascherano is a better and harder tackler than Toure.

The thing is, none of you actually know how much any of these players earn. You just believe what you read on various websites and in newspapers. Clearly the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are on huge wages. Maybe Toure is aswell. But it is Citys money and if they want to challenge for the Premier League any time soon then they are going to have to spend it. If you dont like it or maybe your just jealous then go and support a team in a league where they have salary caps like the MLS. If some one like Spurs gets taken over next week by some one willing to invest huge amounts of money in the team then I would just wish them luck. No point crying on here about it if your clubs dont have money then thats tough. The same thing happened when Chelsea got taken over, they were the new team to hate. Now it is City.
Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players in the world. What about Yaya? Hmm...maybe 70th best in the World if he's lucky or about 40th best in the Premier League? And you say that you would wish Spurs luck, I doubt it. Anyway, your manager has no skill (unless Hodgson/O'Neil who have not much money to spend) but even when he plays a team worth 100m+ or maybe even 200+, he still cannot get into the Top 4 behind Arsenal who lose in transfers 3m a season on average. And we are not jealous, alright I would love to have Villa and Silva at Liverpool if we could afford it but if we got someone like Yaya on higher wages than Villa, Gerrard, Torres and Carragher then I would be annoyed and angry.

You make so many losses if you don't win anything (you haven't this century/decade) then you will get into debt. And what if the owners give up on the club as a lost cause and quit. How will you offload all those high earners in a short space of time and get success? Then you will look at someone to blame, probably Mancini, the owners and maybe even high earners like Toure and Adebayor too!

If those wages are correct, then Silva will be on a similar amount, and a lot of current City players will want parity with them. I'm struggling to think of any possible way you will be able to break even, let alone make a profit within 10 years.

I mean last season Manchester City made a loss of £93 million I believe, and that was before the wages took an even crazier turn.

Will be interesting to see how it goes, I guess.

If those wages are correct, then Silva will be on a similar amount, and a lot of current City players will want parity with them. I'm struggling to think of any possible way you will be able to break even, let alone make a profit within 10 years.

i read somewhere that Silvas on like 140k, which is kinda valid id say considering the inflated market we're in nowadays

but 200K a week on someone of Yayas ability, its absurd!!!! you can all say that Ronaldo and Messi make more, but thats only because they have merchandising deals built into their wage, unlike in England where their salary is just that, and they are GUARENTEED TO MAKE THAT.

typical city, making a mockery of the value of money since they got their shieks. can't believe i'm saying this, but looks like Roman is actually doing football some good and tighten his purse strings nowadays for the good of his club. Maye city need to have a look at SW19

TBH....I just can't wait for City to go broke XD

Man City are not going to make a profit for a very long time and the shiek is not going to make a profit on his Manchester empire for a long time remember he is investing 1 bil into the area around the stadium making state of the art training facilities and all kinds of stuff which will inturn make 1000's of jobs which is a good thing. I dont think he will get bored of Man City as its the base of his english empire.

Last edited:
SW19 is Wimbledon mate. Chelsea is like SW6? This all just sounds like ******** from a bunch of little school girls. You are all jealous that City are bringing in top quality players to challenge for trophies. Quit your whinging, *******.