City complete Toure signing

:D Doesnt really mean much for de Jong, just means Vieiras career is pretty much done. ;)

Well obviously I'm disappointed, seeing as Barca will be looking to replace him, with the ideal replacement being Masch.

City completed second signing of the week by completing the signing of Yaya Toure.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/July/Manchester-City-sign-Yaya-Toure

Thoughts and opinions?

Think will be a great signing for City bringing in the quality to challenge for the title. What does this mean for De Jong now?
if they have sense, nothing.

kompany into CB alongside toure, alongside boateng and richards

de jong alongside yaya as the deep two in midfield

silva,tevez, johnson attacking trio

adebayor up top

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Well obviously I'm disappointed, seeing as Barca will be looking to replace him, with the ideal replacement being Masch.
thats not a replacement, thats an improvment. but yeah cant see you hanging onto him now

I think he is more a replacement for Barry than De Jong.

if they have sense, nothing.

kompany into CB alongside toure, alongside boateng and richards

de jong alongside yaya as the deep two in midfield

silva,tevez, johnson attacking trio

adebayor up top

Not a bad team <) Certainly have the quality to challenge for the title now.

Never really watched him tbh. Is he really good or is he hyped because he was a Barcelona player?

Never really watched him tbh. Is he really good or is he hyped because he was a Barcelona player?

In a poll of Barce fans over 75% wanted him to keep him and thought he should start. Shows his quality.

means Viera's Career is pretty much done and now Man City have the quality to challenge for the Title if Mancini gets them to play as a Team

His attacking part of the game is very much underrated. Very good on ball also, can dribble well too.

De Jong---- Toure

--Johnson--Tevez--- Silva

------Adebayor----

Thats very good line up on paper.

And for someone saying Mascha will be upgrade on Toure, get real. Mascha is excellent ball winner, but he cant pass to save his life. Biscuits was preferred to Toure as he is better than Toure on ball (and also academy player), so no way Mascha is improvement over Toure.

Toure can play as DM, Box to Box mid fielder, even as CB. He his good at short passing, can dribble and unlock defense better than most of the DMs.

His attacking part of the game is very much underrated. Very good on ball also, can dribble well too.

De Jong---- Toure

------Adebayor----

And for someone saying Mascha will be upgrade on Toure, get real. Mascha is excellent ball winner, but he cant pass to save his life. Biscuits was preferred to Toure as he is better than Toure on ball (and also academy player), so no way Mascha is improvement over Toure.

Toure can play as DM, Box to Box mid fielder, even as CB. He his good at short passing, can dribble and unlock defense better than most of the DMs.
Biscuits :D

Brilliant signing for City, just proves that not qualifying for the Champions League wasn't that bad because they can still bring this quality of player

real decent signing for city. who gets left out though barry or de jong??

De Jong---- Toure

------Adebayor----

mascherano has an 83% pass completion rate this season, one of the highest in the league, and an 81% tackle coompletion rate, which the highest in the league by 10%; because he does exactly what his role requires ( which is the role toure plays): win the ball, and make short accurate passes to the creative players, and he is one of the best in the world at it. so yes, he is an upgrade on toure. the barcelona dm role is not required to dribble the ball, or take on defenders. he is there to protect the back 4, win the ball, pass the ball on, and cover when the fullbacks get forward, ALL OF which he does better than toure

oh and masch can play central mid or even right back

Last edited:
mascherano has an 83% pass completion rate this season, one of the highest in the league, and an 81% tackle coompletion rate, which the highest in the league by 10%; because he does exactly what his role requires ( which is the role toure plays): win the ball, and make short accurate passes to the creative players, and he is one of the best in the world at it. so yes, he is an upgrade on toure. the barcelona dm role is not required to dribble the ball, or take on defenders. he is there to protect the back 4, win the ball, pass the ball on, and cover when the fullbacks get forward, ALL OF which he does better than toure

oh and masch can play central mid or even right back

Im sorry but John Terry also had one of the highest pass completion rates. The reason being both of them only do simple passes sideways or backwards. It doesn't reflect how good they are at passing. I feel Toure is a more complete player than Mash. Better physically and better on the ball whilst maintaining the ability to play further up the pitch and also at centre back when needed. Mascherano is a downgrade from Toure imo.

Im sorry but John Terry also had one of the highest pass completion rates. The reason being both of them only do simple passes sideways or backwards. It doesn't reflect how good they are at passing. I feel Toure is a more complete player than Mash. Better physically and better on the ball whilst maintaining the ability to play further up the pitch and also at centre back when needed. Mascherano is a downgrade from Toure imo.
i know terry has got an 87% completion rate. mascherano and busquets follow that role to the letter, toure alwayswants to bring the ball forwards which is why the fans like him, but it annoys pep (hence why buscuit gets ahead of him) for the way the dm is played at barca, masch is better than toure. thats not to say toure is not a fine player, at city he will probably play a more expansive game, and he will be great.

also mascherano is goo dpasser of the ball at short and medium range, terry can only pass 5 yards

i do also feel yaya is a more complete player than mascherano. he played at centre back against chelsea at the bridge and managed to keep drogba at bay. he will win more headers but i think you can say mascherano wins more tackles but then again when you are a side like barcalona you keep the ball and rearely have to win the ball back unlike last seasons liverpool.

I suppose you're right when talking about what Barca need but I was talking about generally, Toure is a better player than Mascherano.

also mascherano is goo dpasser of the ball at short and medium range, terry can only pass 5 yards
* Reminds themadsheep of Terry's pass for A.Cole's goal vs Sunderland *

i do also feel yaya is a more complete player than mascherano. he played at centre back against chelsea at the bridge and managed to keep drogba at bay. he will win more headers but i think you can say mascherano wins more tackles but then again when you are a side like barcalona you keep the ball and rearely have to win the ball back unlike last seasons liverpool.
actually you will be suprised at the humber of tackles barca make, its why they keep the ball so well. once a move breaks down its like watching a pack of dogs, they are so quick on the oppostion.

yaya is more complete, but in regards to the dm role at barca (which is not an expansive role at all) mascherano trumps him, hence an upgrade