City confirm Fulop switch

• Thread starter Thread starter Joshh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 5K
Im gonna stick up for my friend four four two here, I believe that any such accusations of us paying the F.A show ignorance and a lack of knowledge about the game and the F,a and its running, I believe that if it was chelsea needing the emergency keeper, chelsea fans would be happy and everyone else would be moaning, same with any other team getting a keeper, as for fulop, people in IRC are on my back saying hes alright, lets wait and see

Pretty sure everyone on IRC told you to shut up and stop whining like a little *****... ;)

Be quiet? First you try to copy my name now your telling me to be quiet. :'(

Isn't it because Given was so good so there was no way he would be first choice?
Seems the more realistic reason to me.

Yes, I copied your name because I love you.

My point was if Harper is any good why did he not try and move somewhere he could be first choice.

From what I heard they have 9 keepers on their books. Why did they need an emergency loan?

How far have you gone back there? under 10?

From what I see they have 3, what could be considered first team GKs, and 2 of the are injured, Really dont see what the problem is with letting them sign another on emergency loan

Still, we should have gone for Asenjo, I don't think hes injured.. Just De Gea is keeping him out of the sqaud..

Or we could have gone for Cudicini, Hilario, Fabianski, Vito or loads of others. But I mean.. Marton Fullop? I had to google this guy to find out who the **** he was. His name ringed a bell but I mean.. Bad move.

This isnt FM. They need an instant replacement not someone who has little to no experience, has no EPL experience etc, Even GKs need time to adjust to a new league, just look at Gomes, even Gordon coming from Scotland took a bit of time.

Starting to remember why I dont bother with the football section

How far have you gone back there? under 10?

From what I see they have 3, what could be considered first team GKs, and 2 of the are injured, Really dont see what the problem is with letting them sign another on emergency loan

This isnt FM. They need an instant replacement not someone who has little to no experience, has no EPL experience etc, Even GKs need time to adjust to a new league, just look at Gomes, even Gordon coming from Scotland took a bit of time.

Starting to remember why I dont bother with the football section
agree with you on that we actually only have 3 keepers and 2 are injured, why should we promote a 15 year old up, I think we over reacted a bit but we should have been allowed a keeper

Gunnar Nielsen has never played in the Premier League.

Neither had Shay Given before he played for Blackburn.

Everybody starts somewhere for a reason. If Citeh didn't want Nielsen to play why would they sign him? oO)

Everybody starts somewhere for a reason. If Citeh didn't want Nielsen to play why would they sign him? oO)

Yeh but im sure Shay Given didnt play in the last 2-3 games were the pressure on City is immense, definitly not the time to be throwing a young unexeprienced GK in

difference is shay was bought to play, nielsen was bought for backup, dont see your point here, we only have 1 keeper available, all the others are under 16 years of age, its fair

Nielsen is 23 so there's no reason he shouldn't play and then they have Filip Mentel who is 19/20 or Tobias Johansen who is 18/19 to stick on the bench..

It's a load of bollocks that City need another goalie.

It's for two games. Nielsen kept a cleanie against Arsenal for the time he was on, and there is only 120 minutes of football left. If City are only worrying about 4th then it's just a silly request. Spurs, though I hate to say it, have been in much better form this season and probably deserve fourth more than City, so I think getting an experienced keeper just for two games is stupid.

Personal opinion.

Nielsen is 23 so there's no reason he shouldn't play and then they have Filip Mentel who is 19/20 or Tobias Johansen who is 18/19 to stick on the bench..

if it was arsenal you would not be saying this

Well, we've had it mate. We had to get on with it. Almunia and Fabianski were injured. We had to risk untried Vito Mannone, who is 4 years younger than Nielsen, and backup to him was vastly inexperienced Wojech Scenzenzy (Sp). And we were in the title race at the time, so you can't really say the stakes were not high.

So, coming back to your point. It was Arsenal, and we got on with it, and so should you have.

i could guarrentee if pompey asked for a emergancy loan if they needed one the fa wouldnt grant it.

How? Would they even be defined as reserve team players?

And if its such bullshit that City have been allowed this can you name an example where someone didnt get it?

Main example I can think of where a team were also allowed to bring in someone was Liverpool signing Paul Jones, they also had 2 players out injured (Kirland and Dudek) and only had one backup that wasnt a youth team player (Patrice Luzi) again like City

they play with almunia, fabianski, and mannone. they've been playing handicapped all season, surely you can go two games with neilsen.

but seriously, its two games not 3 months its a bit of a joke really

No I wouldn't, and it's not. So that was just an unnecessary post.
so how can you have a go at me for defending city but if it was happening to arsenal and people said you payed off the F,A, you would defend your team

How? Would they even be defined as reserve team players?

And if its such bullshit that City have been allowed this can you name an example where someone didnt get it?

Main example I can think of where a team were also allowed to bring in someone was Liverpool signing Paul Jones, they also had 2 players out injured (Kirland and Dudek) and only had one backup that wasnt a youth team player (Patrice Luzi) again like City

I'm not bothered what has happened in the past.

City do not need this goalie on an emergency loan because they clearly already do have the quality in goal required to be competent

Back